Right Person, Wrong Time (Pt.2)

Your whole body felt numb as you stood in front of the door of the Buttercream House. You urged your arm to lift so you could knock on the door but it just wouldn't listen. Maybe it was trying to tell you that this whole thing was a bad idea and it would be better for you to just turn around and go back to your parent's house.

It had been 6 whole months since you left London, 6 whole months since you received the news that Joe had come after you in the airport. You didn't do much with that knowledge, apart from attempting to call Joe about 15 times a day for a week, but every time the phone would ring you would end the call in a panic. You soon realised that you were being ridiculous and after a lot of convincing from your inner self; you deleted Joe's number.

As soon as you posted on social media that you were back in London for a week for your mother's birthday, Josh instantly text you inviting to a small party at the Buttercream House and you couldn't find it in your heart to say no. That's how you found yourself numb and nervous outside of your exes house.

With a burst of energy and determination, you knocked on the door and gritted your teeth as you prayed that Joe wouldn't answer the door. It seemed your prayers were answered as Josh's smiling face appeared less than a second later.

"(Y/N)! Come in, come in!" He exclaimed, pulling you in for a hug before your feet could pass the threshold of the house. Before you knew it, you were being fragged towards the garden where the party was being held and your heart began to beat out of your chest. "Everyone's been looking forward to seeing you."

"Everyone?" You gave Josh an unsure look and he nodded, giving your arm a reassuring squeeze, but you didn't miss the slight falter of his smile.

You had no time to think too much about it because you had reached the garden and within seconds every single one of your friends that you had left behind in London had swarmed around you. Everyone except your ex boyfriend, who didn't seem to be here.

"It's just so good to see you, man," Caspar smiled as he hugged you for the billionth time in the past fifteen minutes. "We've all missed you so much."

A few people who still hovered around you made noises of agreement and you smiled before realising you needed to address the elephant in the room. "So, where's Joe?"

Caspar's eyes immediately darted over to Josh who was stood a few feet away with Freya, the older boy shrugged and mouthed something like 'I couldn't do it' before urging Caspar to tell you.

The youngest of the Buttercream sighed. "Joe said he was coming, but he's just out with-"

Caspar fell quiet and swore under his breath as his eyes caught sight of something behind you. With a sick feeling in your stomach, you followed his line of vision but you wished you hadn't. There stood Joe and he was holding hands with a girl. You could practically hear your heartbeat in your own ears.

You stopped breathing for a second as you watched him greet Tobi who leaned in to whisper something in his ear and within seconds Joe's eyes met yours as his nearly fell out of his head.

Everyone in the garden fell silent as they watched the two of you, waiting for one of you to do something other than stare. However, the silence was broken by the blonde who Joe was with, "you must be (Y/N)!" She flashed you a smile as she began to walk the short distance towards you, "it's so lovely to finally meet you."

Your eyes widen at her words, she knew who you was yet you had no idea who this girl was. "Hi, it's lovely to meet you too," you paused, feeling extremely awkward for not knowing her name but realising you couldn't go the whole night calling her 'pretty girl who walked in hand and hand with Joe aka the love of you life'.