A dare for Truth

"Alright Jack truth or dare?" Conor asks his brother, taking a sip of his beer.
"Let's go for dare" He grins.
"Corr Jack the bloody daredevil" Mikey exclaims.
"I dare you to take a shot of vinegar" The oldest Maynard smirks and hands over the bottle you had previously used for a video.
"That's grim" Joe winces, his arm shuffling slightly around your waist.
You two were currently cuddled on the couch. As friends of course. It was just that you were cold and he offered to warm you up. Nothing wrong with that. That was what you told each other at least. Both of you felt different than you did about anyone else. That feeling that you got on a first date but it just continued. That feeling you got waking up next to your soulmate but it just happened when you were all around as friends.
"We like to drink with Jack-" Caspar begins and everyone joins in as Jack downs the shot in one.
"I think I'm gonna vomit" He puts a hand over his mouth.
"Go that way" Oli turns him away from being sick all over him and instead turns him to Mikey.
Jack swallows and composes himself, "Truth or Dare Joe?"
"Truth"
"Alright Joseph, what's really going on about you and a certain female in this room?" He wiggles his brows.
"What? Me and Mikey are just friends" Joe exclaims and makes everyone laugh.
"come on buddy. Spill the beans" Josh urges and everyone's eyes focus on the pair of you.
"Guys do we really have-" He begins but you cut him off.
"What are they talking about Joe?" You ask him with a puzzled look on your face.
"N-nothing" He shakes his head, "We'll talk about this later okay?"
You look at him for a little longer before turning back, "How about we order that pizza yeah?"
"Um yeah sure we'll go get the menu" Josh nods and all of the boys quickly exit the room.
You slide out of Joe's warm hold and turn to look at him, "So?"
"(Y/n) they're just stupid. I don't even know what they're on about"
"come on Joe. I'm not stupid" You comment and he sighs.
"Okay I may have told them that I liked you but I also told them that it was ridiculous because I know you don't feel the same way and I don't want anything to change between us and I just-"
"Why would you think I didn't feel the same way?" You question him.
"well because we're-" He begins and realises there is no valid ending to his point
"we're??" You prolong expectantly.
"You know what I mean (y/n)" He rolls his eyes.
"I know. I'd just like to hear where you hope to go with this explanation Joseph" You chuckle.
"If you already know exactly what I'm going to say, why aren't you getting as far away from me as possible?" He questions.
"Because I don't see any reason why you would want to come up with excuses. Or why you think the outcome of you telling the truth is going to be so bad" You raise your brows
" alright fine." Joe looks up, "I like you okay? And those dickheads can't keep their mouth shut"
"Fair point" You nod and take a step closer to him.
"Still not running in the opposite direction then?" He points out.
"I still don't see a reason to"
And Joe leans in slightly.
"Guys do you want meat feast?" Caspar yells from the kitchen where all of the boys were and Joe quickly jumps back.
You chuckle and say, "Yeah please Caspar"
Joe's blue orbs are still focused on yours and he seems embarrassed so you lean up and kiss his cheek that goes fiery red after your touch.  

BY: imaginejsugg on tumblr