Harmless Kisses

It's dark by the time I arrive to our rental, I was late because I had a project deadline earlier that morning so I had been working on a grant to finish my thesis-it was a long and tiring process that barely left me time to hang out with my best friends. And today of all days the trains were all late and then it was hell to find a taxi. Figures.

I drag my suitcase into the house we're staying at and all the boys are standing around the kitchen table.

"Thanks for the help," I roll my eyes and make my way to them. They were stood around a bowl and Josh was pulling out a paper. I guess I came at the right time.

"I got a 4 what does that mean?" He asks.

"Aww mate you got the room with the terrace."

"All right!" Josh grins and pushes the bowl to me. "Y/N you go next."

I pick out a number, hoping it's a good one. "Two?" I ask.

"2?" Conor looks at the boys. "Maybe she can get a single room."

"Two has a king bed so we agreed two people would sleep there." Josh explains to me.

"Guys come on!" I whine but Jack's already picked a really good room and he's not giving it up. "Shouldn't the brothers share the room?" I try again but Jack is completely against it.

"You lot are the worst." I say as I go to sit on the sofa. At this point it was between Joe, Conor, or Caspar and I didn't want to stand around and wait. And as my luck should have it, Joe pulls out the number 2.

"Alright guess it's me and you yeah?" Joe wiggles his brows at me and I roll my eyes.

"At least it's not Conor," I say. "Our room would be a proper mess if it was me and him."

"You leave your bloody makeup everywhere you're not that tidy either," Conor argues back.

"I don't mind Y/N," Joe puts his arm around me and kisses my forehead. "How about we get these to our room?" Joe asks as he tries to carry both our suitcases but I grab mine from him. This would be interesting. I had a major thing for Joe for as long as I could remember and we had felt the tension between us even more in the last few months. It would either lead to us hooking up this weekend or this would be the worst weekend ever.

We unpack our suitcases and talk casually about the trip. What we would do tomorrow, which pubs we were hitting up during the trip, which one of our friends would argue first. Very friendly conversation. That night, however, things change.

"Is this alright?" Joe asks from his side of the bed.

"Joe? Is that you? This bed is so bloody huge I can't even see you." I joke.

"Looking for me?" His face is suddenly right next to mine and the warmth heats up my own skin. Although I suspect that wasn't the only reason I was so hot.

"There you are," I boop his nose and he laughs. I watch his face transform and I want him so badly but I restrain myself. "This is better," I say.

"Yeah we would've been alright on a smaller bed too." Joe says as he casually drapes his arm across my stomach.

Suddenly the door is bust open and we jerk apart as lights blind us and horns blare in our room. I swear as does Joe beside me as we throw the covers up over our heads.

"I swear if I get a migraine I'm going to kick you all right in th-"

"We got you!" The boys are all laughing and making sure their footage is good from the terror they just inflicted.

"Get out!" Joe yells as he gets up off the bed and all the boys scramble but Joe manages to slap Josh's bum as he's the last one scrambling out. "Bloody fools." Joe mutters as he locks the door.