Her Birthday

All day, I have been tired and restless: today was my birthday, but of course being an 'adult'- even though on the inside I'm anything but that -I still had to go into work for those long, ten hour shifts.

Right now, I was walking back home to the Jaspar apartment (my job was just two minutes away, and I told the boys not to worry about me). It was currently 19:09, and I just wanted to get home, have a nice warm bath then go to sleep (so I could wake up for tomorrow's early shift, again).

As I approached the apartment, I saw none of the lights were turned on. Unlocking the door to the apartment, I could already hear the terrifying silence within. Of course, Joe and Caspar could have been busy today, but still...

I thought they'd be there for me... just especially today. Caspar was my best friend, as I had known him for almost all my life, and Joe... we've been dating for a few months now.

Opening the door, I walked in and turned the key to close the door again. Taking off my coat and shoes, I went up the stairs carelessly, dragging my feet behind me. I was tired... mainly just tired to be honest. When I opened the door, I hoped to see Joe and Caspar there with a cake for me, and maybe some party poppers and stuff, but who was I kidding? I know we're all close friends, but did they even know it was my birthday today? I hoped they did, but they never mentioned today- or this week.

As I reached for the handle, I hoped to open the door and see Joe and all my friends shout 'SURPRISE' at me, as they fling party poppers and blow party horns around me. Shaking my head, I realized this wouldn't be happening, and when I opened the door, that is exactly what happened: darkness and silence.

Shaking my head again, I reached for the switch and turned on the lights. On the kitchen counter, I saw a piece of paper and I read it. "Sorry Y/N, we've just had to go down to the shops, as Caspar's forgot something. We'll be back soon!" it said, and Joe drew a smiley face on the bottom of the page.

Taking the piece of paper and my things, I walked downstairs and into the bedroom. As I got changed into something comfy and casual, I put on a light dress and cardigan, then sat on the bed. Turning my head to the mirror, I saw my reflection: I looked pretty, but my makeup wasn't too good and my hair was a bit messy- that was understandable though, as I had been awake since seven.

I was going to leave it, but then I thought to myself, "it's your birthday: have some fun. Put on that new makeup you bought yourself last week, and use that curler you haven't touched in weeks"... and that was exactly what I did.

About half an hour later, I heard someone upstairs shout my name. "I'm downstairs," I shouted back, then heard the person run down. As I opened the door, I saw a very happy Joe Sugg.

"Happy birthday Y/N!" he cheered, as he embraced me in a hug, "sorry we had to go out, Caspar forgot to get something." He let go off my slightly, but his hands were still round my waist. "You look gorgeous Y/N," he gasped, which made me want to chuckle, "let me look at you properly." He let go off me, but still held one of my hands. "Wow," he whispered, "you look amazing... I can't remember the last time you wore that dress, and your hair! You should keep it like that more often."

Blushing, I said a shy 'thank you', then walked back into the room. Taking my phone, I walked over to Joe who was looking at me. "Sorry," he blurted, scratching the back of his head nervously, "you just, you... you look so... stunning." He looked down at the floor, his cheeks flushing, before he looked behind him upstairs. "Shall we go?" he asked, "Caspar's waiting for us." I walked up to him, then took his hand.

"I love you Joe," I whispered spontaneously, gently squeezing his hand. Walking upstairs, I thought I heard Joe say something, but it didn't sound like him. When we reached the top, I saw Caspar standing in front of the TV with a giant birthday cake with candles in it. I turned round to Joe, who had already gotten out his vlogging camera.

As I looked back round to Caspar, he still had his . Slowly, he nodded his head, and started to sing, "happy birthday to you." I felt myself blush, as I realized my two closest friends hadn't actually forgotten about me-

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!" I suddenly jumped, as about ten more people suddenly appeared. Placing my hands over my mouth, I stood there in shock, as they all started to sing. Some were hiding behind the kitchen counter, whilst others were hiding next to, behind and in front of Caspar... I was honestly speechless.

"Happy birthday to you," Joe sang softly, as he suddenly appeared next to me. Placing one hand round my waist, he looked at me. "Happy birthday Y/N," he whispered, then kissed my cheek gently.

BY: joesuggimagine on tumblr