Real

"What's up guys, and welcome back to another q and a with Y/N, right, now let's get into the questions!" Joe said, gesturing to you as you waved.

You grinned into the camera, your youtube smile plastered on to your face. You had gotten pretty good at acting for the camera, with all of your appearances the boys' videos.

It wasn't as if you had anything to hide from the audience, more something to hide from the man sitting to your left.

You had never meant for it to happen, when you had moved to London you were simply looking for a fresh start, not a new infatuation. At least you hoped that was all it was. It was simply that Joe was difficult to resist. Ever since the two of you had accidentally ran headlong into each other at your new flat, you couldn't stop thinking about him. How strong his arms were as they helped you up from the ground. How kind his smile was as he helped you pick up all your boxes again. How welcoming he had been, showing you around the city and introducing you to his mates. How-

"Y/N? Hey, you in there?" You shook your head slightly, shaking yourself out of your momentary daydream.

"What? Yes. What was the question?" You asked, half distractedly attempting to direct your attention back to the Joe sitting next to you and not the one running through your head.

He smiled with that stupid little smirk of his and said, "I asked do you want to get some Dominoes from downstairs real quick before we finish filming, Oli just texted me him and Caspar are back from Pokemon hunting and brought food."

"Oh uh, yeah sure." You said, still a little flustered from him catching you off-gaurd. "Yeah, pizza sounds great."

"So how's the recording going so far?" Oli said, eyeing you over his pizza. You shot him a quick stink eye, as Oli wiggled his eyebrows, his eyes flicking between you and Joe.

Oli was the only one who knew about your feelings for Joe, after he had heard you mumbling his name in your sleep, when you had accidentally dozed off in the middle of a recording.

"Uh, well we were doing fine then Y/N over here zoned out for like a minute and we took a break."

"Oh zoned out did you? What were you thinking about?"Oli asked, a mischievous glint in his dark eyes.

"Shut it, Oli." You muttered, diverting your eyes from the curious looks surrounding you, keeping your gaze down until the conversation floated to something else.

The rest of the video went over pretty smoothly, answering the questions, and filming a few quick cut aways, when finally the q+a began to come to a close.

"Last question, and this is actually my own question, for you Y/N." Joe said, turning to you and staring you down with those big blue eyes of his.

His bit his lip, fiddling with his necklace. He was now making a point of not meeting your eyes, as he stared down at his lap, "Well so the thing is, we've known each other for a little while now, and-"

He took a sudden pause, and with a deep breath he finally lifted his head to meet your gaze. "And I think I might really, like you."

"And well I think you are really great Y/N, like really great, but just I'm not sure if you feel the same way but just will you be my girlfriend?" He said quickly, slightly slurring his words in his haste to spit all of his thoughts out from his mind.

"I- yes, Joe." You said, a happy grin taking over your face, as your head and heart flooded with happiness.

"Really?" He said, his expression beginning to mirror yours. "I don't want to force you into anything you don't want to do, Y/N."

"No, Joe, I've liked you since we ran into each other and I think I've always known I like you and just, yes I'll be your girlfriend you big idiot." You said, grabbing his warm hand in yours.

His smile widened, as he squeezed your hand in comfort, his happiness radiating from him.

"So, this is happening. This is a thing. I'm not dreaming." He said, reassuring himself once more, his piercing blue eyes still on you.

You smiled happily at him, and squeezed his hand back in comfort. "Not dreaming. This is real."

BY: icysidemen on tumblr