Brain Freeze

"You're correct Y/n! 1996 is the right answer!" Caspar yelled as you were finally allowed to get out of the bath full of ice cubes and cold water, after having been in it for the purpose of the brain freeze challenge for about 5 minutes. You stood up, feeling your teeth chattering and your whole body weak and numb.

Caspar was cheering and making funny comments as Oli was filming the scene.

Joe, who was looking at you with a painful expression from the second you stepped in the tub – maybe because he knew the feeling, having done the challenge a few month ago – rushed over you to roll you up in tin foil. He hadn't said a world during the whole thing, not wanting you to do it in the first place and refusing to appear in the footage. Caspar had agreed on it so Joe had sat down in a corner of the bathroom and kept it quiet.

The cold was extremely painful and you felt like your skin was burning everywhere it had been in contact with the water. You stopped Joe from wrapping you by taking his hands in yours '"Joe I don't feel right" you said feeling your head spinning. Caspar stopped laughing and they both held you and made you lay on the bed, covered in your tin foil suit.

You saw Joe pace out with Caspar, glancing at you then bend towards his ear and whisper "I think there's something wrong. Her lips are literally purple and her skin is blue. You turned my girlfriend into a freackin Teletubbie!" Caspar giggled "Mate, everyone is like that after they get out of it. You just hadn't realized that with anybody else because you're emotionally involved with this one" he said indicating you with his chin. "You're probably right" you heard Joe mumble sceptically.

"I made Y/n a cup of hot tea" you saw Oli step in the bedroom with a smile on his face – a smile that faded the second he laid eyes on you "Oh gosh look at her guys I don't think this is normal" he warned getting closer to you. You didn't move as you felt too weak to do anything and your body was uncontrollably shivering every five seconds.

You watched Oli unwrap some of the tin foil and turn around to face Caspar and Joe, standing right behind him "You idiots! Nobody thought of making her take her soaking wet tee shirt off before wrapping her? What's wrong with you morons? How is she supposed to warm up?" You didn't even thought about that but now it made sense that you were still freezing. Oli tugged at your teeshirt but you swapped his hand, glancing around until yours met Joe's gaze. He got it straight away "here, lemme" he said to Oli, nudging him to take his place, kneeling on the bed. "Oh, sure, I didn't mean to..." he trailed off, "Thank you Oli" you said, grateful.

You knew he genuinely wanted to be kind and helpful. Besides, he was the only one in this room to have a few first aid training skills. "Drink your tea, Y/n" he said, and then spoke to Joe "but in the mean time, the best thing you can do for her is take off your clothes and cuddle up, body heat is transferred between people". "Really? Isn't that a myth?" Joe asked but you could tell he was kind of happy with the news. "Alright let's try that, you people leave the room I'll take it from here" he said, enjoying being in charge. Caspar and Oli were smiling evilly as they left you and Joe alone, waving goodbye and wiggling their eyebrows, closing the door behind them.

Joe sat you up and helped you out of your shirt, leaving you in your bathing suit. You quickly dived (dove?) under the shits and snuggled in them. "Should I keep my boxers on?" Joe asked and you realized he was already shirtless and getting off his trousers. You rolled your eyes and felt the bed shifted as Joe came close to you, letting you in so you could nuzzle against his bare skin. He wrapped one arm around your waist and the second around your head, allowing him to brush your hair. He kissed your forehead and whispered, his lips against your skin "Are you feeling better?" "I am now" you answered "we should do this more often" he joked and continued playing with your hair.

15 minutes later, Caspar and Oli, who had started editing upstairs but were worried about not hearing you two talk, knocked softly on the door and peeked their heads (and a vlogging camera) through the crack of the door: they awed in unison at the sight of you and Joe all cuddled up and peacefully asleep.

BY:  joesuggestions on tumblr