Saudades

Being a student was hark work sometimes. I was studying at a world renowned school away from my home country, England. More importantly, I was away from my boyfriend a lot of the time.

Joe and I had been dating for about two and a half years now, and traveled back and forth from my university, back to London, which was my usual residence.

Distance was a hard thing, but with today's technology, it was bearable.

I had spent my entire day preparing for my very late night flight. I was going to surprise Joe with a visit, since it had been almost two whole months since we've seen each other face to face.

I had my bags packed up, ready to go, so I called a cab to take me to the airport. Within only about two hours I was on the plane, just about to take off.

Once in the air, when I was given clearance that I could get on the Internet, I took my phone from my bag and checked my Twitter.

I had a dm from Joe, as per usual.

Joseph: "hey babe, I miss you so much, can we video call later? I miss your voice :("

So I replied right away.

Y/n: "of course we can, just give me a bit I have a bit of work I need to get done first."

He understood and we agreed on a time. It would be about 4:30am for him, which is about half an hour after my plane would be landing in London.

I then switched my phone off and laid back, deciding to get some sleep.

After I had woken up to being lightly shook by a flight attendant, I grabbed all of my things and exited the plane.

I checked my phone, seeing it was 4:15am. Perfect.

I caught a cab, putting my luggage in the boot of the car and getting in.

Soon Joe messaged me, as I was about ten minutes out from his house.

"Call?" Was all the message read. I opened skype on my phone, calling Joe. I knew I would probably waste so much data, but oh well.

"Hey babe, why are you outside?" He asked me. By now I had gotten out of the cab and I was walking down the road to the house.

"Just walking home from a late night study session at the library with some mates."

"Right, I miss you so much babe. You don't even know how badly I just want to be with you right now." He whined.

"Oh I'm sure I do, because I too want to be with you now." I replied.

"When will you be back?" He asked like a child.

"Soon."

"Okay, well... how's uni treating you then?"

"It's going quite well, but Joe, I'm afraid I'll have to cut this short."

"Why's that?" He seemed genuinely upset about this.

I knocked on the front door. "Because you need to go answer the door." He immediately caught on and ran from his computer, I hung up the call and waited for the door to open up.

"Y/n!" He yelled as he flung the door open and pulled me into him ever so tightly.

He began kissing all over my face, squeezing me even tighter.

"I've missed you too Sugg." I giggled and kissed his lips.

"I've missed your kisses so much." He said pulling back slightly.

"I've missed yours more."

"Not possible darling."

"I love you." I said cuddling my head into his warm body.

"I love you too."

BY: wroetominter on tumblr