Pregnant

Joe's P.O.V. 

"Hey Joe – what the hell is this?" Caspar asked being nosey in my bedroom again as I tried editing my twenty-fourth birthday revenge video on Oli.

I turned my head to look at what he was holding up, "Caspar, put that back." I said seriously, looking from it to him. "Why? It's just a cheap piece of metal thats gone kinda green." He pointed out. "Caspar, I said put it back and leave it alone." I unintentionally snapped at him.

Staring at me, Caspar gave me a funny look before he shook his head. "You're so weird." putting ring-like object back into my nightstand, getting up he left my bedroom, closing the door behind him.

I shook my head turning back to continue editing, I started to make a jump cut in a clip but I stopped, turning in the chair again my eyes fell to the drawer of the nightstand...

Flashback your P.O.V.

Getting pregnant at seventeen and eighteen years old wasn't on the top of the list, but it had happened.

Having told Joe after taking a test and trying to hide it for days, the secret kept getting bigger and bigger, you finally couldn't handle it anymore and blurted it out; he wasn't mad – just as scared and unprepared as you were.

You had told his family first then yours – neither of which were pleased with the situation, pretty much telling you this was going to ruin your lives.

Your parents got so mad they had kicked you out, his supportive but telling the pair of you they weren't going to be raising it for you...

Pregnant, scared and thrown into the world pretty much alone – Joe promised to take care of you, because he loved you.

Trying to do the right thing and how it seemed to be done for generations, you both went down to the registers office, where the officiate put it all to rest, there was no wedding day smiles or walk down the aisle – no flowers, no wedding dress.

That night you had went down to a small river where you use to meet.

You were a mother-to-be for four and a half weeks and now Misses Sugg.

Sitting on the edge of the river bank, you were both looking out into the water, the nights air was still and warm, the stars above twinkling bright.

"(Y/N)." Joe said in a soft voice catching your attention, you had looked away to him. "Yeah?" You asked in the matching soft tone. "I know, it's not much at all – but until I can get you a real one." He had reached into his pocket, he pulled out a silver coloured band which had several heart cutouts along it.

He took your hand into his and carefully slipped it onto your left ring finger. "Oh, Joe..." You whispered looking at it, it was the most meaningful bubble gum machine ring you'd ever been given. "Just until Thatching picks up again." He smiled softly at you. "It's perfect," you shook your head, your hand moving to the side of his face, you kissed him carefully...

... "Oh my god, these are the cutest ever Joe." You said gushingly opening the paper bag Joe had handed you after coming in the door from work, thatching clothes still on, straw sticking out of his hair, a tired expression on his face but a genuine smile.

"I thought our baby is going to have to look cool." He pointed out as you held up the little slip on pair of black converse high tops.

"Oh he's going to be very cool, just like his daddy." You smiled, putting the booties down on the kitchen table, you walked up to Joe, picking some straw from his hair of almost the same colour, wrapping your arms loosely around his neck, you stood on your tip toes and kissed his lightly. "He?" Joe inquired with a raised eyebrow.