Car Crash

Joe's slouched in the passenger seat, legs apart, drumming his fingers on the car door to the beat of the song vibrating through the car.
"This traffic is stupid" Caspar rubs the back of his neck.
"Getting angry about it isn't gonna do much" Joe sighs and tilts his head back into the head rest. Caspar grunts in reply before the line begins moving fairly quickly. His face slightly lights up, his hand rested against the wheel. Admittedly, Caspar wasn't the best driver, but Joe didn't enjoy driving so took every opportunity to be driven by someone else.
"But yeah let me know when you guys wanna record a few videos" Caspar quickly flicks the tip of his nose and returns his focus to the slowly opening road in front of him.
"I mean we have meetings next week, but after tha-" Joe's cut off by a huge bang before he's knocked unconscious from his head hitting the window.

Upon wakening, Joe's vision is blurry but his eyes immediately drift to his right to see Caspar slumped over the wheel.
"Caspar?" He slurrs, his hand over his bruised head. "Caspar!" He repeats, shaking the boy's shoulder. "Fuck.." He mumbles, unbuckling himself and getting out of the car. A crowd of people are surrounding the swerved car. Sussing out the distance it had been flung, Joe realised that Caspar's car had been hit from the driver's side. With this thought, he dashes across the hood of the car to open Caspar's door. "Caspar, c'mon" He panics, ripping the seatbelt from Caspar's torso and shoving his body up against the seat. With a groan, Caspar comes to and is engulfed with pain when he sees his blood soaked shirt.
"Fuck" He chokes, then jolts forward and throws up on the car floor.
"Can someone call an ambulance?" Joe yells back to the crowd.
"We have, son" A man calls back.
"An ambulance is coming, you're okay" He holds Caspar's shoulder. He groans once more before Joe sees the damage of the car's insides. The adjustment for the car seat has broken, making the seat and Caspar with it launch forward into the steering wheel, making his ribs vulnerable to it. "Shit" Joe mumbles, holding Caspar's head up.
"Try not to touch him" Someone shouts.
"I can't see you helping much, fuck off" Joe screams, his head whipping around to reveal his aggression. The woman backs off, muttering something to the woman beside her. "You know what, can you all just fuck off?! It's not a show" He waves his hand.
"We just wanna see if the poor boy's oka-"
"AND WHAT HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH YOU?! YOU DON'T KNOW HIM, YOU DON'T KNOW ME" Joe lashes out, causing people to walk away. "Caspar, c'mon, stay awake" He turns back to the body in the crushed car; Caspar's eyes are narrowly open, his chest raising and dropping quickly.
"Hurts" He mumbles through his gritted teeth. Joe's eyes flick up to Caspar's face.
"Where?" He's relieved that he can speak.
"Ribs" He breathes. With a small glance down, Joe realises just how badly Caspar must've broken his ribs.
"It's gonna be okay, you're gonna be fine" Joe nods, hearing sirens coming from behind him.

"You should really be checked out, you were in that crash too-"
"No, I don't need help, Caspar does" Joe cuts the caring nurse off, staring at his phone - willing for someone to answer his calls.
"He's being taken care of. I'll alert you when he's out of the theatre" He nurse cowers and briskly walks away.
"OLI!" Joe shouts down the phone before Oli can even get a word in. "Caspar's hurt, he's in surgery, car accident, I'm fine but-"
"JOE! Joe, calm down! What?!" He shouts back.
"Caspar got really hurt in the car, someone drove into the drivers side and crushed Caspar as well as the car" Joe breathes, staring at his feet below his bent knees. He never liked hospitals, especially when one of his friends were in them.
"Okay, I'll drive over now. Which hospital you at?"
"The one near the flats, didn't make it far"
"Alright I'll get Josh and leave"
"Be quick" Joe sighs and lets the flood of emotions escape. With his head in his hands, he cries silently, gentle sobs shaking his body in the waiting chair. The white lights of the corridor give Joe a thumping headache, and the smell of cleaning products turns him queezy.

"Mr Sugg?" A woman appears from the desk ahead of Joe around two hours later.
"Is he okay?" Joe shoots out of his chair.
"Can we see him?" Josh follows Joe's lead and waits for Oli to do the same.
"He's still under the influence of the pain killers, but yes, you can see him" She grins. In unison, the three boys sigh as relief takes over their bodies.
Upon walking into Caspar's room, they see machines, tubes and bandages covering Caspar's body.
"This is my fault" Joe crouches at the end of the bed.
"No, it's not, it's the asshole driver that ran you off the road" Oli's voice seems like it belongs to someone much older.
"I am awake you know" Caspar sings, high off the meds. Josh laughs and takes the seat beside the bed.
"No more driving" He points his finger.
"Well I knew I was bad, I didn't know I was that bad" He giggles, holding his chest.
"What's the damage?" Joe peeks at the sheet the woman gave him before he ran into Caspar's room.
"Two broken ribs, one came out of my fucking skin" Caspar's eyes are wide in bewilderment.
"Hence the blood" Joe nods. "Well, at least you're not dead" He sighs and pats his leg.
"I might do this more often if it means I get to feel like this" Caspar grins up at the ceiling.
"That's what weed's for, Cas" Josh whispers.

BY: jiddleybehz on tumblr