Overhearing

You tried to get all the snow off of your boots before entering the Zalfie household. You and your boyfriend Joe were visiting his sister Zoe and her boyfriend Alfie. It was Christmas next week and the snow had fallen like crazy the past couple of days, making the streets totally white. You loved Christmas so much and Zoe did as well, so you and Zoe were always going all in on everything Christmas. Every now and then you and Joe would travel to Brighton to spend the night at Zalfies, watching movies and eating treats, which was exactly what you were doing tonight.

"Are you wearing the Christmas jumper?" Zoe asked in an excited tone, looking hesitantly at you. You opened your jacket to show Zoe that you wore the matching Christmas jumper you had bought together.

"Of course she has," Joe said with a laugh whilst he was taking his boots off. Joe didn't share the exact same love for Christmas as Zoe and you did, so he always made a bit fun of you along with Alfie.

"Heyyyyyy guys!" Alfie shouted whilst jumping into the hallway making all of you laugh and shake your heads. He was always really hyper and always brought everyone to laughter. After everyone had hugged you placed yourselves in Zalfie's living room, which was all decorated for Christmas with fairy lights all over. You absolutely loved it. It was such a cozy evening. Zoe put Elf on the tv an you all snuggled up on the sofa with Nala in-between you. Your head was resting on Joe's chest whilst he carefully stroke your hair, making you really sleepy. You looked up at him with a little smile and he gave you a gentle kiss, which gave you butterflies. Even though you and Joe had dated for over a year, he could always give you butterflies.

The movie ended at you all stretched and yawned.

"Joe, I have to show you my new gaming video. I found this amazing game that I think you'll love," Alfie said to Joe and he nodded as an answer before they both got up from the couch. You and Zoe looked at each other with a laugh whilst watching the boys go and be boys.

"I want to bake something christmassy," Zoe suddenly said and you were instantly up for it.

"Yes please!" you answered with an excited voice which made both of you laugh.

"I love how we're both total Christmas fanatics," Zoe laughed and you nodded with a laugh.

"I know right? Let me go and ask the boys what they'll like," you said and Zoe nodded before she snuggled up with Nala whilst you got up from the sofa and walked towards Alfie's office. As you were about to knock on the door you heard your name mentioned from the other side of the door. You were not someone who would eavesdrop but you were way too curious not to do it right now.

"So everything is great between you two?" you could hear Alfie ask Joe and you could feel yourself getting nervous.

"Indeed! I don't know what it is, but every time I look at her I just feel butterflies in my entire body and she just makes me really happy," Joe answered making you blush on the other side of the door.

"I sound so gay right now," Joe then added which made you smile.

"It's okay man. You're just in loooooove," Alfie sang, which made both of the boys laugh on the other side of the door. You decided not to interrupt them and you left the door to walk back to Zoe.

"They said we could decide," you then said, still smiling like a weirdo.

"Perfect" Zoe said and got up from the sofa to go and bake. You couldn't stop thinking about Joe's words and how much you loved him. You were such a lucky girl to have someone like him by your side.

BY: thatcherjoeimagines on tumblr