If You Love Me Let Me Go

Sitting by my phone. Tapping my fingers anxiously waiting the phone call.
I've been going to school for quite a long time now studying medics. I was so proud of myself when I finally graduated but if there was one person who was more proud.
It was Joe.

"Babe I'm home!" Joe yelled into the house.
"In here" You shouted back.

Joe gave you a look when he walked in seeing you spinning around on an office chair with your phone placed in front of you surrounded by all your hospital information books.

"Have you been doing this all day babe?" Joe asked smirking coming towards you.

"If I said yes will you take me out tonight?" You ask giggling grabbing his hand.

"Depends where." Joe says again bending down in front of you.

"Nandos." You whisper inches away from his lips.

"Done" he says kissing you passionately.

"Leave in ten" he winks at you and walks out the room.

You sigh, how did you manage to get the most amazing boyfriend and the most wealthy job you could ever ask for? 

Dazing off into your day dream you quickly realize your phone is ringing. Could it be?

"Hello?" You say heart thumping.

"Yes is this Y/N? Y/FN?" They ask.

"This is she,"

"Congratulations dear. You have been accepted in New York State Hospitality." Says the kind woman on the end.

Trying not to freak out you get your self togther quickly before replying.

"Thank you very much I'm extremely honoured!" You exclaim in the most serious but enthusiastic way possible.

"We have already booked you a gorgeous condo upstate that fits your pay check. Your ticket will be mailed promptly." Said the lady.

"Condo? Ticket?" You furrowed your eyebrows.

"Yes, you do know that this job takes place in New York. Right?" Said the lady cautiously.

"Oh yes, of course." You said covering your mouth in fear.

"Okay all your information will be emailed to you tonight." She said happily.

"Alright thank you very much." You said thankful for the opportunity.

"Congratulations again y/n."

"Thank you. Good bye." You said smiling.

You got it.
The job you always wanted.
But it in New York. You can't turn this opportunity down. What about Joe.

"Ready babe?" Joe asked

"Yup," You say jumping up . Joe throws you your coat.

The ride there was quiet. How were you going to tell him. You planned a future togther.

"I'll have a chicken salad please." You said looking up from your menu

"I'll have a steak and some fries please." Says Joe looking at you funny

"Thanks" You smile at the waiter.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" Joe asks pitting his hand on top of yours.

"Nothing babe." You smile and shake it off trying not to get emotional.

"Y/n," Joe says pleadingly.

"I got the job." You say smiling.

"No?! Really!" Joe raises his voice excitedly.