Sick

When your alarm goes off, you sigh and roll over in bed, your head pounding. You sit up slightly, goosebumps setting in all over. "I'm sick" you say out loud to yourself and flop back down into bed. You feel around for your phone and call into work before falling back asleep.

A half an hour later you are up again and pull on some sweatpants before shuffling out into the kitchen to get some water. "You okay?" you hear from the couch. The noise shocks you a bit and you look over to see your roommate, Joe, sit up.

"Not really" you sigh "I'm sick". You get a tall glass of water and start to make yourself toast. You hear Joe's feet pad into the kitchen.

"Go back to bed, (Y/N). You're sick" He says softly. "If you need anything, just tell me. I'll bring you the toast". He gets you back to your room and in bed. A minute or so later, he brings you the toast. "I don't want to see you up and about till you feel better" You smile to yourself. "He is the best roommate" you think to yourself as he starts to leave.

"Thanks for taking care of me" you say snuggling under the covers. "But get out of here, I don't want to get you sick"

"I don't care about that" he laughs. "I just want you to be okay"

"Okay" You smile, then eat and fall back asleep. When you wake-up you open your eyes to Joe sneaking out of your room. "Joe?" you say groggily, rubbing your eye.

"Did I wake you?" he asks, a sheepish look on his face. "I was just re-tucking you in and getting you some more water."

"You're really sweet" you say softly. "What am I going to do when you meet somebody and move out of here?". Joe turns back to look at you and sits at the foot of your bed.

"I should tell you something"

"Alright" you say, sitting up more. "What is it Joe?"

"When you and Harry broke up a month or two ago, we got drunk and then high together to cheer you up and you told me you liked me and then kissed me. But, then you passed out and didn't remember it so I never brought it up" He says not making eye contact with you. "And since then, I have been thinking a lot about... us, I guess. I'm kind of crazy about you. I know you're sick and this is a bad time, but I was wondering if you ever thought about me that way" he rubs the back of his neck and looks over at you.

You sit there shocked, then crawl out of your bed towards him. "Since the week you moved in" you say softly and put your arms around him. "I would kiss you right now, but I don't want to get you sick"

His lips crash into yours as soon as you stop speaking. "I would love to be sick if it was with you" 

BY: omamaha16 on tumblr