1

(in the process of being edited)

To say that Sirius Black scared Madison Parker would be fairly accurate. To most people he was a little shit, running around pranking and (let's be honest here) somewhat bullying other students, but to her, he was so much more. Like love after reading a romance novel, her mind hyperbolised how scary her was, making him out to be somewhat of a monster and well, after five years of thinking like that it will be hard for someone to differentiate reality and fantasy when they have become so conjoined.

James Potter, his best friend, scared her also. Not as much but he was always by his side when Sirius haunted her dreams. Right from first year, the two taunted people, played tricks on them and found it to be so hilarious but after falling victim enough times it was enough to scare the quiet girl quite a bit.

Whereas, Remus Lupin, Black and Potter's friend was a close friend of Madison's. However, they hardly spoke at school due to his closeness with the two boys. She saved up all of her news and such for holidays where the pair would spend time together, because they were next door neighbours. She and her parents knew about his 'furry problem' (lycanthropy) and didn't treat him any different. In fact every morning after a full moon, Madison sent him a large bar of chocolate in the mail, anonymously of course, so that Black and Potter never caught a whiff that it was her. Remus, knew it was her anyway, but when the boys asked him he would say it was from his mother or father.

Remus always tried to keep Madison out of the Marauder's list of targets to prank and mess with, he knew she didn't necessarily like the boys and could sense her fear. However, he could not always keep her from them, she was okay with it. She knew he was trying his best and it would be less obvious if he let them do it, but that did not mean that she enjoyed what happened to her either.

She also could not help having said boys near her at times when she was best friends with Lily Evans, the girl who is currently James Potter's crush. He tries everything to get her to go out with him, and wherever he is, Sirius and the others generally were there too.
It was three weeks into the new school year and that also meant that students were piled high with homework. Professor Sinistra taught astronomy, she let the students work with who they wished, but that seemed to not work well in the past few weeks and decided to assign partners. It was becoming such an issue that homework and even class work that was set was not being completed. It also meant that Lily and Madison were more than likely going to be set with anyone but each other. They always did the work and never got into trouble but were never the type of girls to call out others who didn't, they got on with it all quietly and kept to themselves whilst doing so.

Before the fifth year Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs started to do their work Professor Sinistra selected the partners.

"James Potter and Mary MacDonald."

"Peter Pettigrew and Amos Diggory."

"Remus Lupin and Lily Evans." Madison slumped, she was envious that two of her best friends got to work together and dreaded who was going to be her partner. Although, deep down, she had the sickening feeling she already knew who it was going to be. She could feel it in her bones.

"Alice Fortescue and Frank Longbottom."

The list went on until the final two were paired up, "Sirius Black and Madison Parker." The girl's eyes widened, she was right. As the boy with long curly hair strolled over to her, her mind went into overdrive. What if she went wrong? Would he hex her? Would he purposefully mess the work up to make her look bad?

"Parker," He greeted and she merely nodded. "Shall we begin then?" She nodded again and let the boy fiddle with the telescope, making sure it was set up correctly.

She closed her book and placed parchment on top ready to write her notes like the teacher had instructed. Sirius looked through the telescope muttering names of stars to himself, so quietly she didn't even notice him speaking. He chuckled to himself as he noticed the star of which he shared his name with. She assumed he was just messing about until he stepped back. He grinned at her and instantly made her uncomfortable. He was acting nice. Sirius Black was not nice.

"Your turn." He smirked, stepping out of the way letting her look at the stars. She scribbled down the names of constellations and stars that were visible to her. The pair took turns at silently looking through the telescope for the rest of the lesson that finished around one o'clock in the morning.

"I want a minimum of ten pages of a project about stars and constellations you have seen, you have a maximum of week to complete it. You will being doing said homework with your work partner I have assigned you and the quicker you hand it in the more house points I will assign you. Now off to bed." Professor Sinistra stated.

'Project? With Sirius Black? Christ take me now, Madison thought to herself as she followed the rest of the Gryffindors back to their tower.

Madison's favourite subject was Astronomy and now her newly assigned partner has ruined that. Would he want the work done as soon as possible? She was unsure and it was fortunate enough to be a Friday, well Saturday now, so she stayed up late alone in the common room and started the homework, assuming the boy would not help at all.

She wrote pages on each star and constellation, her eyes wanting to close but her brain wide awake, before neatly underlining the specific areas. She scanned through her astronomy book, searching for little facts to add in, hopefully to get extra credit. She worked the whole night, she was all for getting work done in time but this, this was early for her. The only reason she was doing it was so that Sirius Black would not get angry. Yes, she knew he didn't give a toff about school work but when it came to group work she was not failing because of him.

She missed breakfast, continuing with her written work. It got to midday when she began to carefully draw a representation of each constellation, in the end it was four in the afternoon and she had used five pots of ink and thirty quills, thank Merlin she went overboard on quills in the holidays.

Madison carefully finished off writing her name on the last piece of parchment when the marauders came bundling into the common room, crying with laughter. They fell onto the sofas and armchairs, still laughing and talking. Madison started to brace herself she collected her belongings together and put them in her bag, except for the project. She was sure she looked like utter hell, from lack of food and sleep but she didn't care. She wanted to give the boy the homework so he could sign his name as soon as possible, she wanted to get it over with.

Taking a deep breath, she wiped her sweaty palms on her trousers and attempted to stop her heart from racing. Madison was not the bravest of girls and didn't do too well around people she wasn't comfortable with or didn't know. She slowly made her way over to the curly haired boy and said, "Sorry to interrupt." The boys fell silent and diverted their gazes to her. "Here is our project, all you have to do is sign your name on each piece parchment... or add to it, change things, do as you like."

Sirius took the bundle of parchment from her, slightly confused. She never looked him in the eye, instead she hurriedly exited the common room. Leaving him still ever so confused.

A/n- Hi, so this is my first Marauders fanfic that I have posted the rest I didn't like. I hope you enjoy and please don't forget to vote/comment? That would be cool.

(EDITED 2021)