78

A/n- New cover!

It was Christmas day and Madison awoke to lump bouncing up and down on her. "GET UP! GET UP! GET UP!" Cried Madison's cousin Caleb, who was, in fact, the same age as her and was in Hufflepuff.

Groggily she sat up and shoved him off of the bed, "Merlin, you'd think you were eight years old not bloody sixteen!" She grumbled as he climbed off of the floor swiping his floppy brunette hair out of his eyes.

"Well, someone is being a Scrooge. Missing Siri-baby?" He cooed making Madison growl and stand up on her bed. "I'm joking, Maddie, joking!" He cried as she leapt onto his back.

"Now you'll be forgiven, Caleb, if you carry me to breakfast..."

"Sure."

"...and up the large hill on our hike with Uncle Sean." Caleb turned his head as he walked out of the bedroom and down the stairs.

"I think not, Madison, it's bad enough hauling my own body weight up it let alone with added extra because of you. I'd pass out before we even started climbing." Chuckling Madison rested her head on her cousin's shoulder as they entered the dining room to find everyone already there.

"Honestly, you'd think being the eldest, Madison and Caleb would be the most mature but no, it seems to be Cillian." Commented Sean, their annoying hike-obsessed uncle, towards Aisling, his wife who was the total opposite of him.

"You can't compare them to a three-year-old, Sean," Aisling said, winking at the pair who sat down at the table. "Besides, Madison has matured, she has a boyfriend now."

Madison groaned as all of her family turned to look at her, the cousins giggling, her uncle's furiously protective, her aunts intrigued, Caleb rolling his eyes, Darcy grinning and Lochlan halfway between happy and mutual. "We do not need to discuss boyfriends right now. Athair, has already given me the 'talk about the birds and the bees and all that in between', what you really should be asking is when Caleb is going to get a girlfriend." All attention turned from Madison to her cousin who was sat beside her, kicking her underneath the table.

"I'll have you know, I have a girlfriend, thank you very much." He stated specifically towards Madison.

"Who?" She exclaimed.

"Evangeline Smith."

"WHAT?!"

* * *

The Parker's returned home on Boxing day and the next day Sirius would be staying for the day and night, later joined by the rest of their friends the next day. Darcy and Lochlan both decided to let Madison have all of her friends stay for a few days after everything they had done for their daughter the year before. It was their way of thanking them.

On the day that Sirius was arriving Darcy had her husband running ragged as she cleaned everything and had Lochlan cook lot's of food for them all. "Mam, he won't care, I've seen the boys dormitory...when I went to check on Remus after a full moon" She quickly added, "It's a pig sty, I doubt he'll care if there's a streak on the mantlepiece of a speck of dust on the back of the television. You don't need to keep going over everything thirty times."

Darcy stopped dead in her tracks her feather duster pointing at her daughter, "I just need to do a few more bits and I will stop. Have you got the spare bed made that I put in your room, I trust you to share a room but your bed is separate." Madison nodded even though she knew the bed most probably wouldn't be used knowing Sirius. "Good, can you go make sure your father hasn't burnt anything."

Madison's eyes widened and she hurried to the kitchen to see her father pouring something into the bin. "Da'?" She asked. She noticed everything around them in the kitchen was burnt and cremated. "Merlin's beard! Mam is going to kill you! I don't understand why she left you in here, you can't cook without a recipe. You did use the recipe book didn't you?" Lochlan gave her a sheepish smile and Madison rolled her eyes. She bumped him out of the way with her hip and took Darcy's recipe book from the cupboard opening it up. "I'll help."

"Thanks, sweetheart." Lochlan kissed her head and got all of the ingredients from the cupboard. Finally, everything was in the oven when Darcy entered the kitchen.

"You didn't burn everything did you?" She asked her husband as she binned her rubber gloves. She spied the burnt food in the bin, "I take it you didn't follow the book until Maddie came in here?" Lochlan kissed his wife sweetly instead of replying and the woman grasped a tea-towel hitting him with it. "You are unbelievable. I give you one job! What is Sirius going to think when he enters and smells burnt food and smoke!"

Madison stepped in between her parents, "You have a wand, Mam, use it and clear the air." Darcy nodded blushing at her stupidity before casting the spell and placing her wand in he back pocket. "You know, Remus always tells me off when I do that. Putting my wand in my back pocket."

"Yes well, I am an adult and I can be trusted, dear, not to break it."

Lochlan leaned closer to his daughter, "Just wait until she breaks it now. OW!"

"I heard that."

Madison laughed at her parents' antics, checking the time. It would be ten minutes until Sirius was meant to arrive, but knowing him he'd be late. Nonetheless, Madison made her way into the living room and sat on the sofa opposite the fireplace. Staring intently, she watched until the green flame erupted revealing Sirius covered lightly in soot.

"HE'S HERE!"