16

It was the day before the first tournament and to say Madison was stressing was an understatement. Her hair was a mess and she had ate next to nothing, whilst she was pacing back and fourth in the library. The Marauders and the girls were around her trying to help prepare her as best as they could but to say that it was not much help, would be about right. "How the bloody hell am I going to battle a goddamn dragon?! I should not have entered this, this should be you James!" She rambled tugging on her hair. She was tipped off by Daniel who was told by his headmistress about dragons that were being brought over from Romania and normally the news of Newt Scamander even being in the radar of Hogwarts at the same time as her would cause her to be excited but not even that could make her smile.

James stood up and grabbed onto her arms causing her to stop and look at him, "you obviously are cut out for this, you got chosen, that is obviously something. You have practised so many spells and charms that you are nearly ready now what are going to do to distract it?"

"I don't know?"She groaned.

"Well you could transfigure something into a dog?" Peter suggested, and the others nodded.

"That is one idea, what about flying on a broom?" Alice suggested.

"Can't fly for toffee." She replied.

"Not true, you just haven't been on one since first year." Lily stated. "I think you should just go with Pete's idea and hope for the best."

"Okay what is that charm?"Madison went over to her transfiguration book and searched through it her hands shaking as she struggled to find it. "here it is, finally! So Straight down.Diagonal up-line. Straight right. Got it."

"You'll be fine, Madison." Evangeline said. "Just breathe and calm down, besides you need to go get some sleep, tomorrow is going to be a long day."

"Okay, good idea."Madison said picking up her books and leading the way back to Gryffindor common room, muttering the spell and the movements she need to move her wand in. She walked down many corridors and was so stressed that her mind went blank and she could not remember her way to Gryffindor tower. "Uh, guys." She said turning back to them and biting her lip, "I can't remember the way to the common room."

Remus rolled his eyes and began to lead the way, chuckling at the girl who in the end jumped onto his back. "Comfortable?" He asked but realised soon that he wouldn't get a reply. She had fallen asleep.

Madison woke up early the next morning unsure how she had got to her bed last night but shrugged it off and began to get ready. She tied her hair up into a high pony and accidentally left her wand in her hair like a stereotypical librarian wore their hair. She walked with the girls to the Great hall for breakfast earning many bids of 'Goodluck' by passing students even Slytherins said it to her, Avery winking at her when he did so, making her uncomfortable. The boys were already sitting eating when they arrived and joined them. "Evans? Go out with me?"

"No, Potter." Lily rolled her eyes and buttered some toast. "Maddie, you need to eat." She said as she watched the girl stare at the table not even taking a piece of fruit.

"Maddie, it will help keep your energy up." Marlene said handing her an apple. "At least have an apple." The girl looked up and nodded, taking a bite into the bright red apple. It wasn't long and the apple was just the core and she had to get ready to battle the dragon. The group stood up and began walking towards what usually was the quidditch pitch.

They got half way down the grounds when Madison stopped abruptly causing Peter to crash into her back. "What's wrong?" Remus asked.

"I've lost my wand!" She exclaimed patting every pocket on her spinning around to see if it was on the floor. Sirius grabbed hold of her shoulders causing her to yet again stop suddenly and her breathing hitched. He raised one hand up to her head and she panicked, he pulled something from her hair and handed her wand to her. "Thanks." She said quietly before Sirius ran ahead to walk with James.

"You can be so ditsy sometimes." Lily laughed, hugging her as they ended up next to the champions tent. "This is you. Good luck."

"Thanks." The others said the same to her and left off to go into the stands. She stood outside of the tent for a while until she heard a shriek.

"What happened to my beautiful pitch?!" James gasped causing Madison to chuckle lightly and enter the tent.

The other two champions were in there checking their laces, and other things to make sure that they are ready. All three of them bidding each other good luck. They had their picture taken by an annoying reporter for The Daily Prophet, Anreeta Skeeter, a girl a year bellow them called Rita Skeeter's mother. A right nosey cow they both are. She tried to interview Madison but her self writing quill was changing her words, and Daniel noticed. "This tent is for champions only." He said and the woman quickly scurried out.

"Thanks." Madison said.

"No worries."

All three headmasters entered the tent along with the Minister and a dragon expert who would give the three a little back ground knowledge on their dragon. Dumbledore held a bag as the Minister yet again ran over what would happen in this task. "Okay so Mr. Johnson take your pick." Dumbledore said and the boy placed his hand into the silk, purple bag. Mattei winced but pulled out a small dragon that represented the dragon her would face.

" The Hebridean Black." Said the expert they were told was called Kenton, "Named for the Hebrides, the islands off the west coast of Scotland, these dragons can be up to 30 feet in length. The Hebridean Black is covered in rough scales and sharp ridges on its back. It has purple eyes, an arrow-shaped spike on its tail and bat-like wings."

"You're next Miss Parker." Said Dumbledore.

Madison placed her hand slowly into the silk bag and carefully picked up the first dragon her hand came in contact with. As she did her hand got scorched slightly and she shook it slightly as she winced. She opened her palm to reveal the miniature dragon.

"The Chinese fireball." Stated Kenton taking the smaller animal, "This red beast is named for the mushroom-shaped flame that comes from its nostrils when angered. The Chinese Fireball is also sometimes called 'Liondragon' and has a slew of golden spikes on the periphery of its snub-snouted face. The dragon's eggs are crimson and specked with gold, and their shells are cherished among Chinese wizards."

"Lastly, Mr. Caniff."

Daniel pulled out the last Dragon in the bag and handed it to Kenton. "Ah, the Swedish Short-Snout.This blueish-grey dragon has silvery skin that is used to make protective gloves and shields. It's known for the blue flame that shoots from its nostrils."

The expert took away all the miniature dragons and took his place around the arena in case of an emergency and to swap the dragons around. "Now you will go in that order. I wish you all the best of luck and Mr. Johnson take you place at the door." Dumbledore smiled lightly and exited the tent along with the other Headteachers.

"Please welcome Mattei Johnson with the Hebidean Black!"

A/n- Vote?

Comment?

Share?