61

A/n- Chapter 60^^ Like whaaaatttt?

"What were you thinking?" Demanded McGonagall pacing backwards and forth. "I mean it doesn't surprise me to be fair but I still want to know the reasoning behind your actions!"

Sirius raised his hand sheepishly, "We weren't really thinking Minnie," He said, "We didn't need to think in order to make him pay for what he has done."

"And what may that be? Enlighten me as to what Mr Snape has done?"

This was where James piped up, his face turning red with anger, "He called Lily the m-word, yet again, he has done it multiple times."

The professor's eyes widened, "Right, well I will deal with him later. I do not agree with your ways but as it was looking out for a fellow Gryffindor and you didn't harm him, I will only deduct five points each from you, now get out of my office."

Puzzled, the boys trudged from the room to find Remus outside waiting for them looking guilty. "What happened?"

"Five points each off of Gryffindor," Peter stated.

Remus started walking behind them as James and Sirius slung their arms over each other. "Look I'm sorry that I didn't take part of the blame."

The two boys stopped causing Peter to crash into them. "Listen, mate, it doesn't matter. You know what is coming up, it's better you not getting into trouble, you just owe us a favour." Sirius winked and wrapped his arm around his shoulder and pulling him into a hug. "And don't ask if we are sure, because we are a hundred percent positively sure." James nodded and copied his best friends action and wrapped his arm around Peter and the four walked back to the common room like a group of bosses in a movie who had just got away with robbing a bank, smirks painting their faces.

They entered the common room to find all of their friends except for Madison and Lily. "Where are the other two?" Asked James as the four boys plonked themselves on the floor and sofa.

"Maddie's looking after Lily, who I think maybe about to go to sleep. Either that or they're just talking. I'm sure that they'll be down soon. Anyway, what did you lot go and do?"

"Well, Evangeline, Sirius and I along with Peter who cheered us on, taught Snivellous a lesson, of course, Minnie caught us, Remus who was watching didn't get told off but we had five points each deducted."

"Is that it?" Asked Mary in disbelief. "Surely you'd have got at least a detention with Filch."

"Nope, you see, Minnie loves us lot's and lot's and as we told her what dear old Snivellous said and dropped it that it isn't the first time, she gave us a lesser punishment which really is not a punishment at all." Explained Sirius who smiled up at Madison who entered the common room sitting on the floor next to Peter who was sat in front of James. "How is she, Leo?"

"Asleep, we talked for a bit and I got it off of her mind, we made plans for the summer and then I got her to sleep. I think she'll sleep for the whole night, she usually does if she is upset but at dinner, I'll bring back a little bit of food just in case she wakes up in the night is hungry." Maddie said as she played with a ring on her thumb. "I just don't understand why someone who clearly fancies her, you know it's obvious, he stares at her creepily, would go and call her such a preposterous name. It's awful!"

"Sadly it's just the way things are sometimes, like why do wars have to happen. It's just unfortunate that we are growing up in the middle of one." Frank replied.

"I wish it would end sooner," Marlene stated. "But I can't imagine not living in one. So many Slytherin's have dropped out and we all know why, even some Ravenclaws, Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs have too, but mostly the snakes."

"It'll be my brother and his lot next, I bet," Sirius grumbled.

James looked at his friend in sympathy, "Let's just hope not, yeah?"

"To be honest, he's too far gone to not. Not after what he did to Maddie and with my parents' way of bringing him up."

Madison closed her eyes and breathed out. "I'm not religious but I guess we all just have to pray and let fate decide. But just to let you guys know. I know that we haven't had the dandiest of years with everything but if I wasn't paired up with Sirius in Astronomy, which I hated in the first place but now I am glad we were, we wouldn't be as close as we are now. I just want to tell you what I told Lily earlier, that I love you all and I'm so frickin' glad we are friends because without you I don't know what I would be doing right now besides reading alone all of the time."The group all nodded their heads and Sirius sneakily winked at the girl who blushed.

They heard the patter of feet hitting the stone steps and Lily entered the room walking over and cuddling up to Madison. "I don't want to be alone when I have you all." She whispered.

"Nobody deserves to be alone," James said seriously with not a smirk on his lips or a jesting tone in his voice. "But I am going to admit something to you right now Lily Evans, and please do not cut me off. I do love you, I really do, and I am prepared to wait for you even if it's for a thousand years. I am sorry for pestering you over the years I just didn't really know that my actions towards you were very immature. But just please know that my feelings for you are real and not a way to piss you off."

Lily smiled, "Thank you, James." The boy blushed and added a wink to show his playful side causing everyone to shake their heads in laughter.

Sirius silently asked Madison if she was ready and the girl shrugged her shoulders as to say 'I don't care, go ahead.'

He coughed and all attention was on him, "Well considering it seems that we are admitting things. I guess I can tell you that I have a girlfriend with the name Madison who is currently picking at her black nail varnish that she will get annoyed with herself later as she will have to repaint them."

The groups' faces fell in shock but soon were replaced with grins as Alice cried, "FINALLY!"

A/n- Little bit sentimental for Chapter 60! Thank you for the support on this book so far, fifth year is coming to an end soon :( BUT that doesn't mean this book is don't worry ;) I have also had to make new polaroids as I am running out so some newly made ones are coming soon.

Polaroid:

~Mattei Johnson taken in December just after he turned 15

~Mattei Johnson taken in December just after he turned 15. RIP lil' ginger boy.