52

The three Marauder boys entered the common room after waiting for Remus to be collected by Madam Pomfrey, Madison was already relaxed on the sofa by the fire. "You ready?" Asked Peter who hugged her shoulders from behind the sofa. She nodded and stood up fastening her jacket up tighter. James pulled the invisibility cloak from his pocket and the three of them squashed beneath it. "Come under it, Maddie!"

She shook her head, "Not yet. I can sneak out until the entrance then I'll come under the cloak."

"Whatever floats your boat, "Shrugged Sirius, despite Madison not being able to see him doing so. The four exited the portrait hole, Madison making up the excuse of Binns needing to see her, when the Fat Lady questioned her, half-drunkenly. They managed to get all the way down to the entrance without being caught. Madison was tugged under the cloak by James whilst Sirius opened the door.

"Who's there?" Drooled out the grating voice of Filch from the corridor next to the foyer. Somehow he was able to turn up anywhere in the castle as soon as something happens.

A cuss word was let slip by Sirius before the four scrambled out of the door and into the shadows of the night. They kept close to the walls of the castle but only until they were a good twenty metres from the entrance. The cloak was then off and stowed away in James' pocket. "Look, Maddie, you don't have to do this. You can still back out; it's dangerous and Moony won't blame you-"

Before Sirius could finish she cut him off, "I'm doing it." The girl then transformed into the gorgeous black leopard and awaited the boys' transformations. Peter was first and then James before Sirius changed sighing at the girl.

James led the way towards the whomping willow and came to halt the do and black leopard beside him, leaving the rat to scurry towards the knot that stopped the branches from moving. Once he had completed the job he was to do, Peter slipped down the small gap in the trunk, that would be able to fit a fully grown man before letting the dog and black leopard follow. James went to follow but quickly glanced round to make sure nobody was watching.

* * *

Howl, screech, howl, screech was just enough to make Madison grimace at the thought of her best friend going through this pain. The four were stood in their animal forms in the corner of the room watching Remus transform. His nails were growing into yellow long and sharp claws whilst thick black hair barged its way through his follicles. His nose grew wiser and stretched, reminding Maddie of the tale of Pinnochio but of course, Remus' nose turned into a snort instead of just growing longer and longer. His back arched slightly and his legs grew gangly than before, it was an awful sight but he still was NOT a monster.

Would a monster have such beautiful eyes, light blue with speckles of green? The eyes that showed the caring and selfless boy named Remus John Lupin. The boy who folds his socks, the boy who could eat his body weight times ten in chocolate. The son of Lyall and Hope Lupin. The answer is no. It will always be no. No questions needed. Just no.

The werewolf smelt the air and instantly having not recognised the new animal in the room, charged towards it. Madison froze, she knew that you shouldn't run that would only make the werewolf angrier. Not Remus, but the werewolf. The boys all watched alarmed and James and Sirius were ready to pounce. The werewolf smelt the girl, it was interested very much by the newcomer. Like a dog, it smelt her arse making her jump in surprise, and he pounced on her, pinning her down.

Sirius crept closer, but Madison didn't look stressed, but rather confused. At this moment, the werewolf was calmer and definitely more tamed and dog-like, he liked her face and then her neck before his nose went further down and began to sniff. Madison's eyes widened and a low growl emitted from the dog watching. He leapt on top of the werewolf knocking him off of the leopard and into a chair. Instantly, it grew angry and began to swipe at Sirius, catching his abdomen. James then joined in on the fight, he knocked the werewolf with his antlers and swiped with his hooves.

Every time Madison went to help she was faced with a warning growl by Sirius and Peter stood in front of one of her paws, pushing her back by edging forward. All she could do was watch, all night long until she fell asleep, the boys including the werewolf shortly after.

* * *

Waking up, Madison's eyes darted to Sirius who was groaning in the corridor, trying to sit up. She changed back into her human form and rushed quietly over to the boy. "Why did you transform? That's dangerous when you're hurt!"She whispered.

Sirius winced, "I don't care, Madsie. Poppy will be here in less than two hours she can't know we're here."

"I know that! Let me see." She motioned down at his abdomen which was covered by a shirt he had pulled on.

"I'm fine."

"You are not a teenage girl, Sirius. Let me see." the boy sighed and tugged up his shirt gently and her eyes widened. She knew they kept a first aid kit hidden in here ready for the morning and jumped up to get it. She cleaned his cut, even though he hissed in pain. She then used a spell to close up the cut and then wrapped a bandage around him. "Why did you pounce on him?"

"Why do you think? I wasn't going to let him sniff your area, was I?" Sirius scoffed, "Maddie, we didn't know what was going to happen. I don't want you getting hurt, I guess before I didn't realise how much danger you would be in, well I did. I guess before I realised I liked you-"

"I get it, thanks. I'm sorry for not giving you a good reply. I just really don't know. This is new to me and I have never had to answer to a statement like that. I'm sorry."

"I know." Sirius nodded, "I understand. But I will wait for you."

"Siri-"

"However long it takes."

A/N-

~Marlene Mckinnon and Madison Parker was taken by Lily Evans before the went to the beach