13

"Human contact!" Madison cried, jestingly as she was swarmed into a hug by the girls. She had entered the common room and there the girls sat. They stared up at her sorrow filling their eyes, Lily especially. Madison apologised and so did the girls and here they are now. The girls pulled back laughter escaping their lips and Madison was pulled down onto a sofa by Remus. Sirius watched the pair curiously, unsure on what is actually happening but decided to just let it go. James began to tell stories of his summer which was over two months ago but he still hadn't \told of them all. they all had something to do with Sirius and a few to do with Remus but not many with Peter. The common room was basically filled with laughter, and an unusual sight of both Lily and James laughing together. Madison was curled up beside Remus and the two were reading from her book, The Scorch Trials, even though they kept getting distracted by James and the others.

The portrait hole swung open and the loud laughs from four French boys along with an Irish boy overpowered the large group of Gryffindors. The laughter died down as the boys caught sight of Madison with her usual friends. "Oi, Maddie come on we're going for a walk." Mattei demanded glaring at Remus.

"No thanks I'm spending some time with these." Maddie replied, shocked by his tone. Mattei's eyes widened, and he crossed his arms over his chest.

"You have years to do that with them, we're only here for a year."

"Yeah, well it's been a week, give me a break. I want to spend time with these, and I will."Madison snapped, and this caused her Hogwarts friends to become shocked. They had never heard her snap. "Go away, please. I just want to be with them." Her tone softened. Mattei didn't take no for an answer and he leaned over to her clasping her wrist and attempted to pull her away, fortunately Remus had his arm wrapped around her waist, so she didn't move.

"Don't touch her." Remus spat.

"Oh piss off, Remus. No one likes you."

"You wanna bet." Madison stood up. "Everyone sat on these sofa's and armchair love Remus, myself included. I don't know what has gotten into you Johnson, but I don't like it very much, and I am not liking you very much right now." She got up into his face, "if it is to impress your friends, it is clear that you don't need to. They are kind and caring and you are acting like a right prick lately, so until you go back to the Mattei I have known since I was two, don't talk to me. In fact don't even breathe near me."

"I haven't changed, Madison!" Mattei exclaimed, "You are the one that has changed, until our families moved to Devon it was just us two, then he showed up and suddenly two became three. He is not a good person and neither are his friends! I don't want you near them. They have corrupted you! You used to be sweet, nerdy and quiet, what happened to that Madison, huh?"

"I grew up! I became more confident! I made friends with some amazing people! None of this is Remus' fault! You just can't stand the fact I have more friends!" She shouted. "Remus is an amazing person! Unlike you! I don't know what you have done to yourself!"

"I am the same person I have been for my whole life! Madison, heck ask your family they don't like the new you! You aren't the Madison you used to be!"

"DON'T BRING MY FAMILY INTO THIS!" Madison shouted. "Ever since you got here, there has been nothing but fights! I hate it! Stay away from me, my friends and even Sirius! Stay away!" Madison pushed him so hard that he stumbled back, she continued to shove him until he was out of the portrait hole.

"We are very sorry, Madison."Edvardus stated, solemnly.

"Please forgive us?" Gabe asked.

"I don't know," Madison stated, her hands pulling at her hair.

"It es okay, we can wait, we shall go check on Mattei." Theodore replied.

"Again, we are very sorry for Mattei, Madison." Ansel said as they exited the portrait hole.

The whole of Gryffindor stood flabbergasted at Madison's outburst, their eyes were stuck on here like they were in a trance. "Bugger off, and mind your own business!" James yelled at them and chatter resumed. "You okay?" Madison nodded falling into the arms of Remus who had stood up next to her.

Sirius was in shock, like the majority of students present. He would never have thought that the quiet girl could shout so loudly, poison attached to every word, and he was sure that if looks could kill, the other boy would be long gone. That girl does not hold back when she is angry. What confused him is that she said him separately to the others.

'Stay away from me, my friends and even Sirius!'

Was he not her friend? Yet James and Peter are? Sirius was puzzled but yet again shook the thought from his head, Madison and Remus continued to read, occasionally whispering to themselves and James continued to tell stories, the group were as they were prior to the 'intrusion'. What made Sirius question was her words, 'there has been nothing but fights!'. It was the exact thoughts he was having earlier, maybe it wasn't her fault. She didn't ask for Avery, Mulciber, Snape and his brother to hurt her and the other fights were in reality to do with Mattei Johnson.

It was all his fault.

Hi...you're just as sane as I am.

^^^What am I doing with my life?