101

Just as everything seemed to be going alright for Madison, it all seemed to change. You'd think that after the year she had had previously that the world would give her break, a time to relax before her exams next year. Oh hell no! You know that saying, 'life's a bitch'? Well, it couldn't be more truthful if it tried.

As usual, Madison curled up in a window seat of a corridor, enjoying her evening whilst all of her friends were doing other things, James and Sirius were at quidditch practice, with Peter watching and cheering from the stands, Frank and Alice were...canoodling. Lily and Remus were doing homework, Marlene and Mary were following some guys they found cute from Ravenclaw and Evangeline was with Caleb- that parts rather self-explanatory. Madison was reading her book, chewing her thumbnail as she read.

It was a quiet evening, nothing special about it really, it was still light out when it was 7pm as spring was well underway. See, nothing special.

It all started changing when some obnoxious boys started howling with laughter as they pushed and shoved each other down the corridor, stopping when they spotted the quiet brunette girl reading- all alone.

They crowded around her, "Well, well, lookie what we have here." One smirked, snatching the book from Madison's fingers.

"Hey!" She yelled but shrivelled back at the sight of Avery, Mulciber, Snape and Regulus Black. The latter two stood behind the first two not saying a word and simply watching.

Mulciber, who had spoken and snatched her book, tossed the book behind him into Snape's hands and leaned against the wall. "You know, what we said last year still stands, you do have a nice body, even better a year on." He licked his lips looking dangerously at Madison, "Even if you're a mudblood-loving, blood-traitor."

Madison went to stand up but was pushed back down by Avery, who had mysteriously stayed quiet, until now. "Such as shame, Reg's awful brother is your so-called boyfriend. Oh wait, he isn't here now, and quite frankly, I couldn't give a toss." His thumb traced her jawline and his other hand found her waist. She tried to move out of his touch but she was trapped by Mulciber on the other side. "Also, a shame that you're in the Gryffindor."

Her nose was scrunched up and her body tense from disgust at the boys' touch, yet she was frozen. She wanted so badly to be able to kick him or punch him or them all so that she could escape but clearly, that part of her Gryffindor was on holiday; Peru possibly?

"Leave me alone." She managed to say to them, "Please, I just want to do some reading." Knowing she couldn't defend herself very well, she tried a trick that seemed to work on her parents all of the time. Madison stared up at the boys with pleading eyes and her bottom lip jutted out in a slight pout. Merlin, how much she hoped it would work.

Avery and Mulciber sniggered, looking at each other momentarily before reverting their attention back to Madison. "No can do, hot stuff." Said Mulciber. "We want some more fun after last time."

Avery leaned closer to her, his breath now fanning her lips. Madison tried to turn her head so that if anything was going to happen it would be a kiss to the cheek, that wouldn't be as bad as a full-on kiss, despite it still being horrendous on many levels, however, Avery's hand on her face stopped her from doing so.

She knew what was going to happen, and she knew Sirius would go ballistic, heck, all of her friends with. And Moony is still cranky. It's nearly his time of the month. NO CRANKY MOONY!

Surprisingly, it didn't happen. Before he could place his lips on hers, he was wrenched back by a mop of curly hair.

Avery was serving, "What the hell, Reg?!" He exclaimed trying to push the younger boy off of him but failed miserably.

Mulciber went to assist his friend, giving Madison the perfect opportunity to leave, she snatched her book from Snape, literally spitting in his face muttering the word, "Arsehole," as she did so.

Madison hurried off down the corridor and only caught Regulus snapping at the boys, "She's not worth it!" Why had he changed his tune all of a sudden?

She immediately decided not to mention any of this to anyone as she continued her way to the quidditch pitch.

* * *

She could hear the team in play and peter cheering for them as she climbed the stands and joined the boy who smiled at her. Peter saw her shiver slightly as the bitter-nights air took its toll on the girl as she only wore a thin long sleeved top and jeans, he pulled her into his side to share his warmth, all in a brotherly way as she also cheered on for the team.

"How long are they going to be practising for, Pete?" She asked him after a while of them sitting in a comfortable silence, his arms still around her, shielding her from the harsh wind.

"Only about ten minutes, they'll be kicked off the pitch by Madam Hooch if they don't," He told her, "How was your reading?"

She shrugged, "The usual, brilliant." She laughed dryly, but it went unnoticed by Peter as he roared with excitement at the sight of James doing a trick on his broom. What a show-off!

That signalled the end of practice, the pair making their way down to the pitch where James and Sirius were climbing on each other as they made their way to the changing rooms. James noticed Madison with Peter first and nudged his brother pointing at him with a smirk. Sirius turned his head, his hair in a hair band to keep it out of his face, a smile spreading across his lips as he stumbled over to her.

"Well hello, sexy." He grinned, engulfing her in a sweaty hug.

"You smell icky." She told him, pushing him away in distaste.

Sirius frowned, scoffing at the girl, "And you smell Irish every day but you don't hear me complaining. This is my famous scent!"

"How can I smell Irish?" She cried, stopping him as he went to answer, "It is a rhetorical question, Sirius, doesn't need an answer!"

Sirius pouted, pulling her body back into his arms and rubbing his face on her shoulder, she squealed uncomfortably trying to push him off, thankful when he pulled away. "I should charge you for using my body-"

"Isn't that prostitution?" James cut in before he finished.

Peter smacked the back of his head, his glass falling off of his head from the impact as Sirius rolled his eyes, continuing with what he was saying. "Like I was saying, I should charge you for using my body scent. It's one of a kind and in demand."

"With who, Prongs?"

Sirius smirked, jumping into James arms, and kissing his cheek, "Of course, duh." Sirius winked at her.

Madison frowned, "Why is it that I feel like I'm third wheeling?"

Peter patted her shoulder, "You get used to it, I've been fourth wheeling this whole time."

"Fourth wheeling?" Maddie questioned but Peter gave her a look which told all, "Bloody hell Remus, leave my boy alone!"