17

Mattei took twenty minutes to get the golden egg from the dragon and actually came out unhurt. But that meant it was now Madison's turn. She gripped her wand tighter as her palms became clammy and she thought she would drop it. Her other hand turned to tapping the side of her legs repeatedly as it shook. She watched as the dragon keepers wrestled her dragon into the arena only a few getting burnt slightly.

"Please welcome Madison Parker with The Chinese Fireball!" The Minister announced and the girl timidly stepped into the view of the crowd.

She could here the cheers from her friends and Sirius and it calmed her nerves down slightly. She stared at the dragon who was spitting out fire everywhere and anywhere. She scanned her eyes over the whole of the arena and spotted the golden egg. She had heard Mattei try and summon it with 'accio' and it didn't work so she transfigured a rock on the other side of the arena into a dog. The dragon was distracted and she broke out into a run towards the egg and got really close to it when the dragon spotted her and stopped chasing the dog which changed back into a rock. It sent fire swarming at her as she jumped behind a rock, the fire catching the side of her face and her right arm. The pain was excruciating but she had to get the egg. She shot spells after spells at the dragon as she hid behind the rocks and edged towards the rock.

"Stupefy!" She yelled and the blue light shot from her wand stunning the huge creature and she dived for the egg. She had it in her grasp and somehow the dragon got free from the spell, and shot fire once more at her which caught her right leg, she dropped to the floor behind the rocks again her hands clutching her wand and egg. The pain being unbearable on her right side due to the three burns she began to crawl/slide along the floor towards the exit as the dragon keepers tamed the dragon. The expert from earlier Kenton came towards her as she scraped open the knee's of her trousers as she crawled across the floor, helped her up and to walk. He was only in his late twenties and basically carried her back into the tent for Madam Pomfrey to fix her up.

"Thank you." She said to him, he nodded and smiled at her before helping get the last dragon ready for Daniel.

Madam Pomfrey instantly fussed over her as Mattei stood beside her. The burns were far worse than she had thought and Poppy started on the worst burn which was her leg. She gave Madison a potion to drink to help numb the pain before preforming spells to help heal it. Her leg took fifteen minutes to heal, which was the time it took for Daniel to get his egg and return with only a few scratches. Madam Pomfrey turned towards the boy quickly and muttered, 'Episkey' a few times and he was all healed, she the returned to Madison and began to heal her arm.

"What on Earth?" She exclaimed as the Marauders and girls entered the tent and surrounded Madison, Mattei,Daniel and herself.

"Maddie! Are you okay?"Lily exclaimed.

"She will be fine, Miss Evans." Madam Pomfrey said, "But you can't all be in here, so I suggest returning to your common room and Madison should be there shortly. The students slumped and Madam Pomfrey also sent away the two champions who were perfectly fine. "Okay Madison, as it is on your face I will have to get you a cream as well so stay here whilst I nip back to the castle. Do I make myself clear? Stay here." Madison nodded as the woman left the tent.

It wasn't even two minutes after the healer left that another person walked into the tent. Sirius Black. "Black? What are you doing here?" Madison exclaimed, "Did you not hear Poppy?"

"I did hear Poppy, and she said, 'not all of you can be in here' so some can, so I came to see if you were really okay." He smirked sitting beside her.

"I'm fine." She replied quietly.

"Can I ask you a question?" He said equally as quiet.

"Shoot." Madison said.

"Why whenever, James and the others talk to you, you are fine but when it's me you grow quiet and if someone mentions friends you name them all and then say 'and Sirius' separately?"

Madison stopped twiddling her thumbs and sat silently, unsure on how to respond, "I-uh-I don't know." She lied.

"And when I placed my arms around you that time in the common room, you went stiff, yet when Remus and James and even Peter do it, you are fine. Madison, why?" Sirius said turning to look at her, only to find her looking away.

"I don't know." She muttered again, lying.

"Now, I think you do know." Sirius said. "Madison please tell me."

"I-I can't."

"Why not?" Sirius pleaded grabbing her hand. She stiffened.

"See, you did it again. Did I do something wrong?"

"No..."She whimpered slightly.

"Maddie.."He lightly held onto her chin and turned her face so that she was looking straight at him, yet she avoided his gaze. "Look at me....please." She looked him straight in the eye and began to shake, she hated fearing him, she hated having such a pathetic fear but she didn't know how to not be afraid of him.

"Maddie, please tell me, I want to sort it."

"You can't." Madison whispered. as he held her face gently.

"I can't what? Know?....I can't fix it?" Madison stayed silent her gaze reverting to her hands and he dropped his hand from his chin. "How can I not fix it?"

"Y-you just can't."

"How can't I f-"

"MR BLACK!"Exclaimed a voice from the door of the tent.

"Poppy." He greeted in his usual manner, causing Madison to sigh in relief.

"OUT." Sirius rolled his eyes and turned to Madison giving her the 'We will finish this later' lok before exiting the tent. "I hope he wasn't here long."

"He wasn't." Madison sub-consciously covered for Sirius.

Madam Pomfrey preformed some spells and applied some cream to her face before letting the girl leave the tent, her trousers ripped at the knees and dirt riddled.

"Madison, come on." Sirius said as he grabbed arm and dragged her down an empty corridor once she reached the school.

"Sirius, please." She begged for him to leave it.

"No." He said stopping and holding her arms so he was facing her. " How can't I fix it?"

"You just can't." Maddie replied.

"Maddie." He practically growled, causing her to flinch and pull her arms free from his grip and she began to back away shaking. Sirius realised what he had done and stepped towards her causing her to back away further, "Y-you're?....................

"You're afraid of me?"

A/n- What do you think? Triple Update!

Vote?

Comment?

Share?