127

Everyday Sirius was coming home broken and bruised and each day Madison was there to patch him up. Sirius loved coming home to his favourite person greeting him and looking after him whilst he also looked after her. In another way. If you get what I mean.

However today. Today Sirius didn't come home. His usual time of walking through the door covered in dried blood and/or dark blue/green splotches didn't happen. It was early July and everybody was on edge because of the prophecy.

Her heart began to pound violently against her chest, her mind jumping to conclusions. Her feet tapped on the ground her hands growing clammy. Her teeth gnawed at her lower lip drawing blood which dropped down onto her chin which she left there because she had more important things to worry about than that.

The clock ticked by going painfully slow, the sound loud and penetrating her eardrums like a marching band with extra loud speakers.

There was a knock at the door.

No one knocked the door. They just walked or apparated in. With her wand tightly clutched in her hand, Madison crawled towards the door and swigged a look out of the peephole. She swung the door open in relief to see her father there.

"Maddie? Good Lordy, what the feck has happened to your lip?" He questioned pushing past the door and leading his daughter to the kitchen to patch her up. Madison winced as he dabbed some disinfectant cream on her lips to which eh shook his head and held her still. "Where's Sirius?"

Madison shook her head, tears slipping down her cheeks as she threw her arms around her father and held him like she would fall to her death if she didn't.

"Oh darling, he'll be okay. This is Sirius-"

"Yes the same Sirius Black who narrowly escaped the police with James on his motorbike. The same Sirius who is an absolute wankstain half the time!" Madison sobbed.

"And albeit true, he is strong and won't let anyone bring harm his way. Not when he has you to come back to, Madison," said Lochlan, a slight snigger in his voice.

Madison wanted to believe her father. She really did but saying it and doing it were two different scenarios. Lochlan let go of her to make them both some coffee. Just as Madison took the first sip, the door swung open. Lochlan, acting upon instinct ripped Madison off of the counter and pushed her into a cupboard and stood in front of it with his wand raised.

Stumbling into the kitchen, Sirius' eyes widened at the wand stretched out in-front of his face. His eyes turned in and he raised his hands. "Merlin's titballs Loch, what's gotten you all jumpy?" He chuckled, wandering around the wand and picking up Madison's mug of coffee. "For me? Too kind, Father Parker." He took some gulps of it letting the burning liquid trickled down his throat and releasing a sigh of content. "Where's Mads?"

Lochlan lowered his wand, breathing a shaky breath and stepping out of the way of the cupboard. Madison pushed open its door and grumbled. "Am fecking stuck! You could have chosen a bigger bloody cupboard couldn't ye?" Sirius choked on the coffee, placing the mug down and laughing in amusement at Madison's predicament. "Don't just stand there laughing cockwipe, help me!"

Sirius smirked and held out his hands pulling her from the cupboard only to be hit in the stomach. "What was that for?!" Sirius exclaimed, doubling over, "I just sodding helped you."

"That's for being out so late! And for laughing at me!"

Lochlan smiled at the pair who were so utterly in love it was shocking for such a young age. "I'm going to go. I'll drop by another day, Maddie," Lochlan kissed her head, patting Sirius on the shoulder. With a CRACK! Lochlan was gone.