18

Madison raced back up towards the portrait of the fat lady. "Godric!" She practically shouted at the portrait. It swung open and she could hear Sirius' footsteps racing up the stairs as it shut behind her. She entered the common room hurriedly and practically pounced on Remus and dragging him up to his dorm. "What's going on?" He questioned as she shoved him onto the closest bed and locked the door and using a silencing charm so that no one could get in or hear what they were saying. "Maddie? What are you doing?" Remus gasped as he quickly stood up and sat on his own bed which was the other side of the room, having landed on Peter's.

"He knows, Remus. He knows!" She cried pacing back and forth shaking.

"Who knows what?"

"That I'm scared of him. Sirius knows!" She dropped onto the bed next to him her head in her hands as her elbows rested on her knees, that were still cut open. Remus' mouth dropped open and he pulled her into a comforting hug, "Now, now he will tell everyone and make fun of me and-"

"No he won't, Maddie I won't let him." Remus cooed, rubbing her arm.

"Where is she?!" They heard the shouts of Sirius who panted out of breathe.

"Where's who, Padfoot?" James asked quite loudly.

"Madison!"

"Upstairs with Remus why-" James was cut off as the sound of Sirius' shoes slapping against the stone of the steps as he raced up them until he was outside the Marauders dorm room. He tried to enter, and realised he couldn't and began to hit the door.

"Moony!" He called, "Let me in!" Madison shook with fear as she crawled behind Remus' back clutching onto his jumper. "I just want to talk!" Sirius yelled again after getting no reply.

Remus peered up at Maddie who shook her head vigorously. "Maddie, I'll be right here. He only wants to talk, please I won't leave even if he asks me to. He won't stop unt-"

"REMUUUUUUSSSS!!!! MOOOOOONNNNNNYYYYY!!! MADDDDIIIIEEEEE!!! LET MEEEEE INNNNNN!!!"

Maddie reluctantly nodded her head and keeping the silencing charm on the room, he opened the door with a flick of his wand. Sirius scrambled to his feet clearly having slumped against the door. He shut the door and locked it behind him. "Maddie, please, listen to me." He begged sitting on his bed that was furthest from the door next to Remus'. "I just want to know why." The girl sat beside Remus clutching onto him.

"I-I-"

"I think I know why." Remus stated,clutching her hand. "During your first week here, you got a howler, and your mother is needless to say, scary. I remember you were sat beside her. you also the next day with James pranked her and Marlene, I think it was Marls anyway. The first two months of school she was one of the most targeted people by you and Prongs, Also because your family is all Slytherin, I think that may have played a part in it. She wasn't just scared of you, but also James, but her and I spoke the other day. She had come to the realisation that she was only intimidated by James as he didn't really do much to prank her whereas you did." Sirius watched the girl, who refused to meet his eye, with wide eyes, he didn't realise what he had actually done over the years. "Also it isn't like Regulus, doesn't look like you and he isn't the nicest to her either, so especially in our second year, I know for a fact she got the pair of your confused sometimes. And.....I think I am done."

"Madison......I am so sorry..I didn't know that is how you feel, I-" He went to tough her arm and she froze. "Please, you don't have to be scared. I promise I won't do anything and if I do, by accident, you can punch me or throw me off the astronomy tower your choice, I will make sure you are not afraid by the end of this year, please."

Remus had never seen Sirius so sincere and so determined, never would he have thought he would be begging a girl, let alone Madison, to let him prove something to them, he just isn't that sort of guy. Looking at the brunette girl that you would think she was overreacting but you try spending everyday with something you fear...........yeah giver her a break!

Her big brown eyes stared up at Remus as if to ask him if she should, knowing he would give the right answer, after all when has he lied to her? Okay he lied about liking Mattei but she doesn't need to know that, besides she probably already can tell. Remus of course being best friends with the pair and knowing them like the palm of his hand glanced at the curly haired boy who was practically on his knees and then back to Madison. He nodded his head. "Thank you! Thank you! I promise I won't let you down, I just have to think of ways for you to trust me." Sirius jumped up and ran towards the door trying to open it but failing and smacking into it and falling to the floor. Madison chuckled lightly and with a flick of her wand opened the door to which the boy slid across the floor and out of the room.

"I do hope you are right, Remmy." She said hugging him properly.

"So do I, Maddie."Remus stated, "There is nothing to be afraid of, Sirius is soft as anything."

"There is one place I am not soft Remus but I am actually quite hard!" Shouted Sirius from the stairs as the door remaind open.

"WE DON'T NEED TO KNOW THAT YOU GIT!"He shouted back.

"STOP LYING PADFOOT! YOU MOST CERTAINLY ARE NOT!" They heard James holler from the common room.

"OH PISS OFF PRONGS!"

A/n- So after today, I have written chapter 15, 16, 17, 15 again because it deleted things have changed so it is probably best you re-read it, and now chapter 18. I hope you enjoyed this and yeah it is no where near the end.

Vote?

Comment?

Share?