126

"Pads?" Madison called out as the front door to the man's apartment swung open. "I made some food!"

Madison didn't receive any type of response which usually meant that Sirius was trying to hide the injuries he had obtained during the day. She no longer bothered trying to get him to stop hiding them from her because Sirius was so stubborn and wouldn't let her get close to him until he had patched himself up.

"You remember our promise, right?"

Madison's head snapped to the doorway where a younger version of Sirius stood, bruised, small and half-alive. Regulus Black leaned against the wall for support, his eyes staying fixated on his brothers... ex-girlfriend, filled with sorrow mixed with a hint of yearning, the sharp grey had faded to a dull hue.

Madison rose to her feet and approached the man, she held out her arms and pulled him into a hug, He may have ruined many of her school days but this was not the same boy. That boy was cruel and followed the likes of Severus Snape and Mullciber. This man was broken.

"Of course, Regulus," she replied softly, her hands rubbing circles on his back. "What are you doing here?"

"I need your help."

"With what?"

Regulus explained his situation and the predicament he was in and how there were limited ways out of it. Madison led him to the sofa where he finally untensed his body and felt as if he could relax for the first time in his life. The young woman made him a warm beverage and dished up a plate of food for him seeing his skin hanging off of his bones loosely and his bones almost pierce his flesh. It was like watching a starved dog knawing at a bone as Regulus devoured the food in minutes.

"Do you want some more? There is more than enough," she asked him, brushing back his long, dirty hair from his face. Regulus nodded tentatively, rather embarrassed at how he was acting especially in the presence of a woman. His father always taught him that he should have power over the opposite sex and not the other way round, they should not be submissive and need help from women; the woman should be the weaklings. But truth be told, Mrs Black wore the trousers in that house so what Mr Black had told him was a bunch of old cobblers.

Madison piled his plate high and still, Regulus managed to finish every last crumb. Once full he cracked. Tears trickled down his cheeks and his hands shook like a quivering dog.

"Oh, honey!" Madison cooed softly, taking the man in her embrace once more.

"Please don't tell Sirius, keep this between us," he sobbed into her shoulders, gripping the back of her shirt tightly as if it was his life support.

"I won't, I promise."

Regulus nuzzled into her. "Look after him."

"He'll be fine, Regulus, it's you who needs looking after."

Regulus shook his head and broke away from her. "I'll be okay. Thank you for everything. I best be off."

"Stay safe, Reg."

He dipped his head, wiping his tears and swiftly exited the flat. The visit was short, long enough for help to be given to him but not long enough to keep him entirely safe. Madison set the dishes to wash themselves as she changed into her nightwear, also known as Sirius' shirt and a pair of her knickers, s=hiding the sodden shirt in the wash basket for it to dry before Sirius noticed the tear stains and questioned things that she could not give him an answer to.

Before long the man himself arrived home, surprisingly unharmed unless he patched himself up prior to entering the flat. He skipped over to the woman and brought her into a deep passionate kiss, half-unexpected, half-expected been as he did it quite often when greeting her.

"How was it?" Madison questioned, perching herself on his lap.

"Not horrendous ut those pussies are gaining numbers quickly, darling. There's also something else..."

"What?"

"A prophecy."

Madison's heart dropped, fearing the worst she braced herself for what was to follow out Sirius' mouth, him taking her hand and holding her tightly. "A baby due at the end of July will bring upon the end."

"Isn't...?"

Sirius nodded, "Dumbledore is putting Prongs and Lily into hiding and he's made me the secret keeper. But that's also not it."

"What now?"

"Alice is pregnant too."

"Seriously?! That's brilliant!" Madison exclaimed, her heart feeling lighter at the bearing of good news amongst the bad, her chest still heavy for the safety for Lily and James and the baby.

Sirius pressed his forehead against hers. "They're due around the same time as Prongs and Lils."

"Fuck."

"Baby, they're also being put into hiding. Eva is their secret keeper."

Madison chuckled dryly. "Fantastic! Fan-fucking-tastic! Just as things were on the up."

Sirius hugged her close, "we're strong, Mads, all of us are. We'll get through this and have a massive party at the end of this. So long as you promise to snog me and nobody else." He smirked playfully in a way to cheer her up. It seemed to work.

"I mean I would but I kinda feel like snogging the fuck out of Wormy."

"How dare you!"

Madison squealed, leaping off of his lap and running around the back of the sofa. Sirius shook his head and leapt over it, mid-air transforming into his dog form and chasing after her. Madison dove into the bedroom only to have him pounce on her and return back to human form. She shrieked laughingly as Sirius' lips attacked her neck hungrily, a low growl emitting from his throat. Madison moaned loudly, not even trying to hold it back as he found the right spot on her neck, her arms stretching out above her head and clutching a pillow. Sirius began to undress himself, letting her roll over onto her back to stare at the show he was putting on for her.

"Hey, Pads?"

"mhmm."

"I don't want you to fuck me." His face dropped sadly, she tore the shirt off over her head. "I want you to make love to me."