85

Sirius was still groaning the next day and no one was sympathising him. Not even Madison. "Look, I know I deserved the kicks but did you really have to accidentally punch me in the gut in your sleep?" Sirius asked Madison.

She shrugged, "I said I was going too. It may have been on purpose or not."

Sirius kicked the back of her chair in transfiguration. She turned around and glared at him. "Moony has forgiven me. Why can't you? You slept next to me last night!" Sirius hissed at her.

"Let me concentrate, Merlin." Madison sighed continuing with her work, Lily beside her, helping with her work.

"I'm Sirius, not Merlin."

Lily snapped her head round at him, "Merlin's beard I have no idea what is going on but just leave her be, I'm being serious right now."

"No you aren't. You could never be me."

* * *

That afternoon. The marauders were in the common room during their free period. Remus and Peter completing their homework, James writing a letter home and Sirius just relaxing.

Madison came down from her dormitory and perched herself on Sirius' lap. "Can I help you?" He asked her as she adjusted how she sat. "Alright, Alright! I am under here you know."

Madison grinned at him and cuddled into him resting her head on his shoulder. Sirius didn't say anything, he wrapped his arms around her and pressed a kiss to her forehead. The girl yawned, nuzzling further into him and eventually fell asleep.

"Someone's tired." Commented James who had finished writing his letter. "She got a good few hits in there, yesterday."

Sirius grimaced, "that's waists scaring me. I don't want to be on her bad side again. She might be worse."

James snickered, "Isn't that good though, shows she can fight for herself and with all that's going on. Magic may not be all we have to use to defend ourselves. At least this way we know anyone who comes up to her will get a good ole' knock to the face."

Peter sighed, "I hope it doesn't come to that. I know it might sound selfish because people are out there now fighting, but I hope this is all over before we graduate next year."

Remus places a hand on his friends' shoulder, "it'll be okay, Pete, us lot, we'll stick together. Us brothers are for life. And we have Frank and the girls too. We'll be unstoppable."

James flexed his muscles, kissing his biceps just as Lily entered the common room with Marlene. "Look, Marls, Potter is kissing his pencil arms."

James scowled, "I am muscley thank you very much Evans, I'll give you a close up if you want. I normally would charge, but for you, it's free."

Lily scrunched up her nose and pushed him away using his face before curling up in an armchair, opening up a potions book. "Remus, were you invited to Professor Slughorn's dinner this friday?" She asked the boy.

Remus blushed, "erm, yes. Were you?"

Lily nodded. "He totally fancies you." Mumbled Madison, who yawned and sat up on Sirius, rubbing her eyes. "Slughorn that is. Anything you do he is there is a flash praising you. 'Golly Miss Evans, look at the gorgeous magenta colour' well done! Five points to Gryffindor!'"

"He does not!" Lily gasped. "He just is being a nice teacher! Have you been invited?"

She nodded, "and Sirius is coming with me."

"Since when?" The boy asked her in shock. "I am not going to the Slug-Club!"

"Fine then! I can always ask someone else to be my date!"

"Like who?" Sirius challenged, amused as to where this was going. His wore his infamous smirk as she fumbled as to who she could ask.

"Prongs!" She concluded, "you fancy it?"

Sirius's nostrils flared, warning the boy to back off. "W-Well, I was hoping that maybe Evans would-"

"Never gonna happen."

"I, I, Leo..."

"It's fine." She sighed. "I'll go alone. Do I have to wear a dress?" Madison asked Lily who nodded in response. "I'm not going!"

Sirius chuckled, "now I wanna go, if I get to see you in a dress again."

She grumbled, "if it means you're in dress robes, I will suffer another evening in a dress." Sirius went to protest but Lily's glare was too frightening and he back down. "I better owl my parents to send me one."

"You don't have one?" Asked James.

"Do I look like the type of girl to have dresses hanging around when I don't wear them?"

James bobbed his head side-to-side, "Fair point." He glanced at the dungarees she had changed into after lessons had finished. "You have the weirdest fashion sense."

"How?"

"You just wear anything. One day your in a leather jacket, the next in that!" He pointed at her. "Odd. Truly odd."

Sirius rolled his eyes and leaned his lips close to her ears, "Ignore him. He wouldn't know style if it hit with a frying pan and introduced itself. I happen to think you look sexy in anything or nothing at all." He muttered nipping her ear lobe.

Her face heated up and she buried it into his chest again. Sirius barked with laughter which nobody knew the reason for except for him and Madison. "Can we stick the furniture tonight?"

"You want to do that? Tonight?"

She nodded, "maybe then we'll get detention on Friday and get out of the Slug-Club dinner."

Sirius grinned, "Good thinking. We'll get the boys about one and we'll do it. Do you know the Slytherin password?"

Madison nodded, "why else do you think I suggested doing the prank tonight? Avery should really talk quieter."

"Or not at all."

"That too."