27

After Madison ran out of the great hall, Sirius wasted no time in punching Mattei staright in the jaw, and then the nose. Professor Slughorn, Dumbledore, McGonagall and The Beauxbaton Headmistress, all had to break up the pair. The Hogwarts Professors, all escorted Sirius into nearby chamber to speak to him. "Professor, I'd happily take a detention for that." He shrugged rubbing his knuckles.

"That was a brave thing you did there, Mr Black, standing up for your friends." Dumbledore began, still calm, whereas McGonagall looked ready to burst. "However, I will not be giving you any detention, a deduction of five points from Gryffindor House will do."

"Albus-"

"No, Minerva, as it is not term time, but technically the Christmas break, a further punishment will not happen, unless he commits the same act again, to Mr. Johnson."

McGonagall shook her head, "I see your point, Mr Black you may go." She nodded, "Nice shots though." She muttered as he walked past her.

A grin formed on his face before he broke into a run, he needed to see if Madison was okay. She ran the halls of Hogwarts and the stair cases, even if they were starting to move her raced up them and jumped onto the other staircases or platforms. He wasn't wasting anytime. He would have changed into his animagus form, but it was too risky and therefore tripped and scraped himself as he fell whilst in his human form. He finally reached the Gryffindor tower and ran in to find the rest of the Marauders in the common room, along with Frank, Evangeline, Mary and Marlene. "Where's Parker, Evans and Fortescue?" He panted.

"Seeing if Maddie is on the dorm, we didn't want to crowd her." Mary replied.

He nodded and walked to Remus' side, who was pulling at his hair, pacing. Sirius grabbed the boy and brought him into a hug. "It's okay, Moony." He whispered.

"You heard him." Remus replied quietly, "Don't believe that tosspot, what he said about you isn't true or Madison for that matter."

Remus nodded before slumping onto the sofa, his head in is hands. "What did Dumbledore punish you with?" Peter squeaked.

"Docked five house points." Sirius shrugged.

Marlene choked on air, "That's it?"

"Yeah, and I could've swore Minnie congratulated me on my shots." By the time Sirius finished telling the group what Dumbledore had said, Lily and Alice ran down from the dormitory.

"She's not in there." Lily exclaimed, in panic. "We searched the whole room, just in case she was hiding, we checked the bathroom as well."

"Where else can she be?" Evangeline shrieked.

"We'll find her." James said, "you girls and you Frank, go and return to the ball. Or stay here."

"No I am coming with Potter." Lily retorted.

"No, Lily, stay here, we may get in trouble for roaming the school, and that won't do much damage to our records, your lot's, will be damaged, first time is always the worst." Remus spoke up, and led the other Marauders out of the tower.

"Check the map." Peter said, and Sirius pulled it from his dress robe pocket.

He tapped his wand on the parchment and said, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

Th map revealed it's secrets and the four boys looked over the whole map."She's not on here," James muttered.

"The room of requirement doesn't show up, our best bet is there." Remus noted and they once again broke off into a run through the school. They reached the blank wall, and paced a few times before a large wooden door grew and the boys entered. All of them searched the room from top to bottom and reached a dead end. "You don't think she'll be outside do you?"

"Moony, you know her more than us." Sirius replied, rubbing his temple.

"Maybe, we should check, if it get's too close we'll transform, Moony you'll have to use the cloak though." Peter said and James gave the boy his invisibility cloak.

The Marauders made their way down flights of stairs and through corridors until they reached the entrance to the courtyard. They, as quietly as they could, opened one of the large doors and slipped out into the midst of the night. The cold air nipped at their necks, causing their hairs to stand up and goosebumps to appear on their body. The blanket of white snow, child their feet as they trudged in the shadows. There was snow was still falling from the sky, meaning any footsteps made by Madison or themselves were quickly covered and it made there search a lot harder. They lit up their wands and continued their search calling out to the girl, but not very loudly otherwise someone may hear them. They searched the majority of the open ground before stopping right in front of the forbidden forest. "She wouldn't, would she?" James gasped, as his teeth chattered.

"Maybe we should turn back." Peter cried.

"No!" Sirius exclaimed, "If she is out here, she maybe lost and can't find her way back. She could die in this weather, out here not knowing whether she is going in the right direction or not. We know this place better than most people, if anyone can find her it'll be us."

"But we aren't exactly moving fast, are we?" Remus rolled his eyes.

"Well there is one way." James smirked, "We could transform go off in pairs and send a patronus if we find her or any clues."

"Er, earth to Prongs, only a werewolf here." Remus motioned to himself.

"That is okay, Wormtail with me and can stay on my back, Moony you'll have to ride Prongs."

"Excuse me! The only person who will ride me will be Evans once we are married." James cried.

Sirius smacked his head, "Not in that way. Once you're transformed, Moony can sit on your back, and cover himself with the cloak, and then it'll only look like a stag in the night."

"That's actually a pretty good plan." Remus shrugged.

"Well then let's go."