11

One whole week had passed and the interaction between Lily and Madison had stopped, Lily pined for her to talk to her but not once did she even look in the girls direction. The two girls not talking had, had an affect on the rest of the girls too. They weren't speaking either and even Remus couldn't get a hello. He knew it would end up like this, of course he thought the girls would be on good terms but that isn't the case. Even the other students had noticed it, Madison wasn't one to stand out but now she was with the Beauxbatons boys, people began to notice her more.

The marauders sat in a corridor waiting for some students to get covered in slime from balloons that were strung to the ceiling. A few Hufflepuff boys came around the corner and got covered by purple slime, before running away in frustration. Just the reaction the boys were hoping for. They laughed with glee until that feeling was washed away like a drawing on some sand when a group of Slytherin's stalked up to them. Avery. Muliciber. Regulus...and Snape. Of course.

"What do you want?" Sirius spat, at his brother and his friends. Avery chuckled, and scanned his eyes over the four boys. He crossed his arms and rocked on his heels.

"Oh, just passing by, brother." Regulus sneered. The three other boys nodded, slowly. "But we couldn't help but notice over the week, that your little Irish girl has not been around any of you or Evans."

"It's no wonder them french boys like her, she has a decent body for a Gryffindor. I mean her ti-"

"Shut. Up."Remus stood up his fists clenching as he cut off Avery. He hated the way the boy spoke about his friend. "She is not some rag doll, or toy."

"Look boys, the prefect is getting angry," Mulciber jeered. "What are you going to do Lupin? Give us a detention?" It was as if this whole year so far for the marauders was fighting, physically and verbally. Sirius knew this wasn't down to his fault or Remus, or James, or Peter. It was down to the one girl. the girl who he had just become to know of. It was down to Madison. He was not saying all of the bad issues that have evolved this year were her fault alone but in the past month the majority has been. He knows it isn't exactly fair to say it, but at the same time it is the truth. The first fight with these exact boys, the Lily and Madison one and now this again. All had something to do with the girl from Galway.

Remus shook his head and turned around so that he wasn't looking at the Slytherin boys. Madison was his first friend, the first person who isn't related to him, that eh cares about and that will never change, even if they are not talking. "Shall I continue?" Avery smirked, "Parker has one heck of a body, and those Beauxbatons aren't the only ones wanting a piece of her. Many Ilvermony and Hogwarts are talking about her. She is more popular than she thinks."

"Goodbye, brother."Regulus spat and him and his friends sauntered off. Remus groaned leaning his hands against the wall, and letting his head fall. Peter sat quiet as usual along with James for a change. Remus' nails scraped against the stone walls, and his knuckles grew white. "Who do they think they are? Talking about Maddie like she is some piece of meat?"

"They aren't wrong though." Remus, James and Sirius all gave Peter a disgusted look. "No! Not that! I've heard so many people talk about her, she is more known than she or we realise.£

Sirius rolled his eyes, "It's not like she's gonna rocket to popularity street. She barely looks at me and I am her partner in Astronomy and the hot friend of her friend, Remmy over here."

"I thought I was the hot one?" James asked placing a hand on his chest.

"Not. The. Point."Remus gritted his teeth. He walked away from the group heading towards the library to calm down. Sometimes he wondered why he was friends with the three boys, James and Sirius especially, but he wouldn't change them for the world, they excepted him. That was the best thing that they could ever do for him. On his way he heard a slight sob from the bathroom that is occupied by a ghost called Moaning Myrtle. Usually he would leave the cries be as they were generally from the ghost girl but they were not wails like hers. But quieter, lighter sobs. He slowly opened the door to the bathroom and entered. He was greeted by the ghost how had long brunette hair that was in pigtails and he glasses perched on the bridge of her nose. If he didn't know any better, Remus would have thought her and James were long lost siblings. The ghost giggled ruefully and pointed to the cubicle that was next to the one she owned. The scarred boy slowly made his way to the stall and knocked on the door. The sobs became a sort of struggling sound as if the one crying was trying to stop themselves from being heard.

"Hello?" He said quietly in a soft voice. "Are you okay?" It wasn't the best thing he could have asked a crying girl but it was something. He didn't get a reply but a sob echoed the bathroom. "Hey, I won't judge you, but I can't help either unless you let me in. I'm Remus, Remus Lupin."

"I-I know who y-you are." A melancholy voice he recognised said. It was Madison. It confused him as to why she was in a nearly-deserted girls bathroom crying. Madison wasn't one to cry in fact she was more of the build up feelings kind of girl.

"Maddie, let me in, please." Remus asked. The look on the door slid open and Remus gently pushed it open. Instantly the girl fell into his arms and the sobs she painfully held in we set free once again, dampening the boys' jumper in the process.

"Let it all out."

A/n- What do you think?

Vote? Comment?