37

Once she was sure all of the girls were asleep, Madison snuck out of the dormitory. She had shrunk a few books and threw them in her pocket along with her wand before making her way to the common room and out into the halls. "Excuse me!" The fat lady called, tiredly at her, "Where do you think your going?"

Madison turned around, quickly faking to be sick, "To see Madam Pomfrey, I'm feeling sick." The portrait nodded sleepily before falling back to sleep. The brunette girl quickened her pace, and snuck around the dark halls looking for a certain place. She climbed down many staircases, and slipped out of the castle into the cold bitter night. Her onesie was the only source of warmth and she wished that she had worn an extra layer, tomorrow was a full moon and for the first step of animagus training to be completed she needed to start on a full moon. Her shoe covered feet crunched on the crisp grass as she trekked towards the greenhouses. Little did she know that she was not the only one awake and out of the school.

"You know, you ought to be more secretive when sneaking around." The person said from behind Madison when she was just ten metres from the entrance to the greenhouses. Her body swung round and was greeted with nothing. "You can do better than that." The person said only this time they were right next to her ear, their warm breath tickling her neck.

Madison groped the air behind her until she latched onto something silky and pulled it, a cloak fell off of the persons body revealing their messy curls. "Sirius! What the fuck are you doing out here? Wait! how'd you know where I was?"

"Following you." Sirius shrugged folding the cloak and shoving it into his pockets, before revealing the marauders map. "The map."

"Oh feck it." She mumbled. "Leave me alone."

"No."

"Why not?" She approached him, her face close to his, their warm breaths bouncing onto each others faces, and her arms crossed.

Sirius smirked, reaching slyly into his pocket, "How else am I going to complete task fifty, help you with your animagus training. I mean, I still don't agree with you doing it right now whilst you're still grieving but I too need to complete this." He held up the list.

"You're right, about the list shit, but the grieving you're wrong. Yes, I am still upset and affected by m-his death, but I can't mope around for much longer, it is effecting you all and I for one am getting restless. M-He will never leave my heart nor mind but at the same time it's been six weeks and I-I-I-just need to try and keep going."

"I know. That's why I am going to help you." Sirius grabbed her wrist and led her to the door of the greenhouses. He pulled his wand out and muttered, "Alohomora." The looks clicked open and the two snuck into the palace of plants. "We need a-"

"Mandrake leaf, I know." Madison cut him off and slipped round to the mandrake plants. She carefully and quietly with a pair of scissors from a work station snipped of a leaf, and placed it into a plastic bag she had in her pocket. She then returned the scissors and hurried from the greenhouse. Sirius wasn't too far behind her, he shoved something into his pocket before re-locking the door, and pulling the cloak from his pocket. "What did you just take?"

"A flobberworm." Sirius chuckled pulling her closer and throwing the cloak over the two.

"Why?" Maddie whispered, holding her side of the cloak, which also made her warmer, along with the added body heat from Sirius.

Sirius replied, "I want to slip it into Franks morning tea."

"Again, why?"

"Have you not noticed Fortescue randomly disappearing during the day?" Sirius turned to face her. Madison nodded her head. "Yeah well her and Frank are swallowing each other in our dorm. It's rather disgusting if you ask me. Public indecency, I tell you."

Madison stopped causing the boy to stop with her, "Alice you dog. . ."she muttered but raised her eye brows sharply looking at Sirius incredulously. "you're one to talk, I can see those love bites on your neck, you swallow random girls practically all the time, anywhere as well. You're a hippopotamus!"

"Do you mean hypocrite?"

"Yes I do!" She cried. "I mean for crying out loud, I can't believe I am having this conversation. Shall we just get back to the tower?"

Sirius scratched the back of his neck as they entered the hall, "Yeah good idea let's g-"

"Whose there?" Asked the familiar grating voice.

"Run." Sirius hissed. The pair of you bolted towards the staircases, Filch not far behind you as running under a cloak is not the easiest of things. They reached the fourth floor and before either of them could get onto the stairs, the case moved leaving them stranded on the random floor. Filch had caught up to them nearly and Madison had a light bulb moment.

She slipped her body into a crevice, Sirius pressed up against her. She held her fingers up to her lips that Sirius could just see due to some light pouring in from a nearby window. Sirius nodded, and the pair waited for the caretaker and his cat to pass. Fortunately they did and they stood in the same position for a little longer to create some distance from them and Filch. The boy whispered, "you sneak around pretty well actually."

"Thanks." She bit her lip slightly looking up into Sirius' eyes which did not meet her gaze. Instead they laid on her lips, he couldn't help himself, his body seemed to move without permission and once again Sirius and Madison's lips met. His eyes fluttered close and so did hers, involuntarily. His hands found their way to her waist and hers to his chest, clutching his sweater as their lips moved in sync. It only took a few moments for Madison to process what was happening before she pushed the boy away in shock. "That shouldn't have happened . . .again."

Sirius flushed red, and nodded, "You're right." He glanced behind himself and noticed the staircase had moved again and they could now get up the steps. "Let's go."

Maddie followed behind him except she wasn't covered by the cloak, neither was he, he carried it and the halls filled with an awkward silence. They made their way to the portrait and Sirius coughed to get her attention. "Oh my dear, you're back. Are you feeling better?"

"yes, thank you. Sirius here walked me back. He was already there." Madison replied lying through her teeth.

"Oh, that's nice. I could have sworn someone else exited the portrait hole after you."

"Maybe, but we haven't passed anyone. Fudge flies." He said the password. The portrait swung open and the two scrambled through and ran off to the respected dormitory. Sirius and Madison were both red at the cheeks. Sirius slipped into bed throwing the cloak by James' bed and the map on his bedside table. the flobberworm was now in his bedside cabinet and his sweater on the floor. "Well, that went well." He mumbled to himself.

Madison too crawled into bed, the mandrake leaf and books in her bedside cabinet back in their usual sizes too. She didn't need them in the end, she was going to check what she needed but with Sirius being there and knowing she didn't have too. "I can't believe that happened." She sighed shaking her head.