122

Marlene left the next morning and Madison hated herself. Why did she do that? Why? Why? Why? Putting a dressing gown in over her pyjamas she trudged down the stairs and into the kitchen where her parents were sitting with a cup of tea each. They were aware that Marlene had slept over but not of what had happened that night.

Upon entering the kitchen, Madison made eye contact with her father. "I've done something stupid."

Lochlan opened his arms up for his daughter and she rushed into them, collapsing into his embrace. "What did yi do, sweetheart?" He asked her as Darcy poured some tea for Madison as well.

"I- well, uh, I slept with Marlene."

Darcy dropped the spoon into the mug, her eyes widening at her daughters statement. Her face flushed red and she saw how Lochlan reacted to the comment. A small snigger left his lips. "You're not supposed to tell your parents that you had sex with someone, Maddie, most people would keep that to themselves."

Darcy rolled her eyes, "not the point, Lucky! You're going to have to tell Sirius."

"Oh Merlin's beard, I forgot about Sirius!"

Madison shook her head, "we're not together anymore."

"So why do you feel like sleeping with Marlene is wrong? It's not like you cheated on him." Lochlan rubbed her back gently.

Madison sighed, "because I broke up with him so I wouldn't hurt him. I love him and I like Marlene but I didn't want to leave him for her. So I was going to avoid any relationship with either of them. But no, my slutty arse goes and fucks one of my best friends!"

"You are not a slut, Madison!" Her mother scolded placing the mug of tea down in front of her. "Far from it."

"I beg to differ. He forgave me once because we kissed back in school and I thought that would be the end of it. But I feel like shite because I told him that I wasn't leaving for Marlene. That I would not have either of them so neither gets hurt. I'm such a slag!"

Lochlan sighed, "darling, you can't help who you have feelings for and to be honest as much as I liked Sirius, he can't control who you sleep with now that you aren't together. It's not like you're having an orgy. So you aren't a slut nor a slag."

"But Athair-"

"No, Madison. Stop. So what if you shagged one of your best friends, most people sleep with at least six people in their life time! It's natural. Stop beating yourself up about it. If you feel that shite after it just don't do it again then." Darcy claimed, swatting her with a tea towel. "Now, drink yi tea before it gets cold, Remus will be over soon."

* * *

"Maddie, I don't know what to say." Said Remus who sat on her bed after dinner. "This is a very awkward situation for me. You're my best friend, so is Padfoot and Marlene is a good friend too."

"I know, I've fucked up and I've probably spilt the whole group apart. Just because I was too horny to think!" Madison grumbled flopping onto her back. "I wish my parents sent me to a nunnery."

"You? Madison Parker? A nun? Don't make me laugh! You swear too much for that!" Remus guffawed, poking her stomach.

"Yeah, but at least I wouldn't be in this mess."

"But you wouldn't know anyone from school unless I forced you to meet them. Look, I won't say anything, I'll probably forget about it anyway I'm a busy man."

Madison jumped up, "Oh yeah! How is job hunting coming along?"

"Badly. No one wants a werewolf and I feel like crap because I can't help my parents out. Dad is stressing because mum is ill and I'm just a waste of space!" Remus babbled, tears brimming in his eyes. "Mum, she's getting worse as the days go on. The healers, they don't think there is much else than can do other than what they are doing and I hate it! If anyone should be ill it shouldn't be my mum, it should be me."

"Remus, neither of you should be. You are not a waste of space either. Merlin's tit you are amazing and I am so lucky to have you in my life. I'm sure you will find a job soon and if not I'll employ you and pay you to look after your family."

"But you don't have a job either. So how can you pay me?"

"Details, Moony, details."

Remus sighed and buried his head in the crook of her neck, hugging her. "Maddie, if I'm not at home in on order missions and they keep getting me to spy on werewolves and see what they're doing because many are on the other side. Then I have the full moon and I feel like shite for days and dad has both me and mum to look after-"

"Then don't do the order stuff! If it's putting that much strain on you, you can't carry on!" Exclaimed Madison as she ran her fingers through his hair in a soothing manner as her nails entry grazed his scalp.

"I can't, that's still work, Maddie."

Madison shook her head, "I hate seeing you like this. You should stay over tonight. I'll get Mam and Da' to go over and help your dad. You need some rest."

"No, no, it's okay-"

"Shut up and take the help, Remus, you're knackered."

Remus yawned and nodded his head. Madison laid him back on the bed and covered him over with her duvet. She pressed a kiss to his forehead, "get some sleep, Moony."

"Night, Leo."