56

In his sleep, Sirius couldn't help but smile. He had the girl he liked in his arms and despite him being unsure whether he had dreamt it, he was sure that she had told him of how she felt. He never thought when he first got partnered up with her in astronomy that in the space of less than a year later he would feel this towards Madison and not see her as just another girl in the school who he may snog and that be it. No. Sirius Black, for the first time, had actually fallen for a girl. A girl who he would never have thought he would, even if you went back in time and told him, he would laugh in your face.

For Madison, the feeling was similar. Strangely, instead of feeling uncomfortable and strange sleeping next to Sirius, she found herself comfortable and feeling as if all of her worries were locked away until she awoke the next day. Sirius' scent filled her sense and calmed her, even more, it smelt familiar but she couldn't work out why. Instead, she cuddled closer to him clutching onto him. The boy who scared her, who was in her nightmares, the boy she trusted. The boy she liked.

The pair both had a great night sleep, better than they have had in a while. Nightmares didn't haunt the girl and they didn't haunt Sirius either. Despite what she knew about him, she didn't know that he too had nightmares, quite often every night but would not show it. Of course, the other boys knew he did even though he wouldn't tell them.

The only time that he told any of them was in the summer of first year when he flooed himself to the Potter residence in the middle of the night. He alarmed the family especially Fleamont and Euphemia, who couldn't understand why the eldest child of the Black's was in their living room with bags under his eyes and bruises painting his skin in purple, blue, green and black. James had been awoken by the commotion of the boy falling through the fireplace and rushed downstairs, noticing his best friend he brought him into a hug whilst his parents made some hot chocolate for the pair. Twelve-year-old, James guided Sirius to the sofa and the latter clutched onto his friend for dear life tears falling from his eyes. Eventually, he fell asleep as did James both in each other's arms on the sofa, James holding Sirius so that he felt safe, for the first time in his life.

* * *

The next morning Sirius awoke to find Remus, James and Peter staring confused at him. Madison was still sound asleep her head and hands laying on his bare chest. Frank had already got up and left the dormitory to find Alice leaving the marauders with Madison. "Why is Leo here?" Asked James, pushing his glasses onto his nose and ears.

Sirius rubbed his eyes, gently sitting up and holding onto the girl adjusting her position so that she was still comfortable. "She couldn't sleep and was coming up to Moony but Frank and I were up talking and I let her come in with me so she wouldn't disturb you."

Remus nodded, "Is she okay now?"

"I believe so." He grinned, caressing her back gently.

Peter raised his eyebrows smirking at his friend, "What has got you all giddy, Padfoot?"

"Never your mind."

"Pad-"

"Shush!" Sirius cut off James, "She's asleep, dimwit."

Madison stirred mumbling to herself edging closer to Sirius if that was even possible. "Tá mé ag dreapadh ach crann. chrainn spraoi."

"She really needs to learn to speak English around us, it's not like we can understand her," James said ruffling his hair and climbing out of his bed, pulling up his trousers which were slipping down slightly. "Anyway, why are you smiling like that then?"

"That's not any of your business."

The three boys sighed and all went to the showers and showered leaving Sirius with Madison. He lightly nudged her, "Maddie, time to get up." He whispered at the girl whose eyes fluttered open, her lips curling slightly at the edges. "How did you sleep?"

"Better, thank you." She mumbled, sitting up and brushing her hair from her face. "What about you?"

"The best I've had in a while." He smirked causing her to blush and look down. "I-uh-heard what you said, last night. Were you being serious?"

"No. I was being Madison." She laughed, as his face fell from a smile to a mixture of hard and confused. "You're not the only one who can crack that joke, but yes I was, to answer your question."

Sirius shook his head laughing at the cheeky grin on her face. "What does this mean then?"

She shrugged, "I dunno, I've never been in this situation before."

"Neither have I." He said truthfully toying with her fingers.

"But, you have had girlfriends before," Madison replied confused.

Sirius nodded, "I have never been in this situation, though. Do you want to try it?"

"Try what?"

"Being my girlfriend?" Sirius turned to face her, his fingers still fiddling with hers. His grey eyes stared into her dark brown ones, no sign of jesting in sight, nothing but sincerity.

Madison thought for a moment, before nodding. "Alright, but can we keep it a secret for a bit?" Sirius grinned and glanced at the bathroom door then back at Madison before capturing her lips in his for a short moment. "I take that as an 'okay' then?"

"Of course."

A/n-This is short, whoops but oh well. I hope y'all enjoyed.

What Maddie said in Irish: 'I'm only climbing a tree. Trees are fun.'

Polaroid>>

~Madison Parker, Lily Evans and Marlene Mckinnon taken by Alice Fortescue