41

"Why were you not at dinner?" Lily asked Madison when the brunette was changing out of her robes and into something more comfortable. "You are eating aren't you?"

"Yes, I am eating. I just got caught up in some homework and missed dinner. I got some food from the kitchens." Madison sort of lied. she did get caught up in her work and go down to the kitchens but only managed to stomach some water and cabbage. The mandrake taste was awful ad she wished for this month to hurry up and be over and it had only been a day. Madison slipped on a large red with white stripes sweater, a pair of blue jeans and some white vans, throwing her hair into a messy bun. Leaving the girls in the dormitory she hopped down the stairs into the common room. The marauders, except Sirius, sat there looking as if they were planning something. "What's making you use the massive crank called your brains?"

"We're trying to come up with a way to piss Snivellus off, something we haven't done before." Peter answered.

"That's cool? But wouldn't you rather James get his boyfriend from detention first?"

"Yeah, Prongs shouldn't we wait for Padfoot?" Remus asked.

"W-wait? Remus you're joining in?" Maddie coughed, in shock.

"No. I just listen."

"You're such a horrible prefect." She shook her head falling onto the sofa beside him.

"Nah-uh. He's the best, keeps his friends out of trouble by not reporting anything."

"Yeah whatever. I'm going to see how Black gets his way out of detention, after he flirts with Binns."Madison stood up.

"I want to come!"

"Sure thing, Pete. Potter? You coming?" James nodded.

"I'm coming." Remus added.

"Sorry mate." She checked her watch. Madison then pointed up to the stairs where Lily was coming down.

"Evening, Remus, ready for prefect duties?" The redhead asked. Remus smiled and nodded his head despite still being tired and worn out from the events of last night. He would have preferred to watch Sirius than do his rounds but, they had to be done.

The two left the common room and the two boys and Maddie followed after. Lily and Remus headed one way whilst the others went the other way. "Maddie?" Peter asked, splitting the silence. She hummed in response. "Answer me truthfully, are you okay?"

She sighed. "Honestly no. I just need to push through it and hopefully the pain will become bearable. I know it's probably strange that I'm this emotional about a boy that I had not been friends with for over two months but before that I had been fried with him for over a decade. A decade of memories doesn't just go away. I-I just, it's just, ugh. If that makes sense."

"I get it. And it will get better." Peter smiled gingerly placing his arm around her shoulders. James had stayed silent, he may have not been friends with Maddie too long but after seeing all of the photographs in the album, he had found out a lot more about her. It seems as though before Hogwarts Mattei and Remus were her only friends, so yes over a decade of memories would not pass easily. Even five years of memories would not pass easily, and he couldn't imagine losing Sirius, Remus of Peter. However, he did know that he would not be masking his sadness as well as Madison was. It was a shock to him and it is sad to him as well that Mattei had died, but he didn't know him like Madison nor even Remus knew him but the fact he had died whilst at Hogwarts still affected him greatly.

The three rounded Binns' classroom, and James took out his invisiblity cloak. They opened the door to find the professor awake and Sirius sat twiddling his thumbs. Of course the ghost didn't notice the door opening and closing and nor did Sirius in fact. The three stood leaning against a cabinet at the back of the room as Sirius ran a hand threw his curls. "So Binns, that grey, see through look is really working for you."