59

Madison sat impatiently outside of her transfiguration classroom, there was only her, James, Peter, Evangeline, and another boy called Dennis left waiting for the career talk with McGonagall. Currently, a girl named Henrietta was in the room and her discussion was taking a while. Maddie wished for it to hurry up as she was next and quite frankly wanted to get it over and done with. James was next to her playing rock, paper, scissors and talking about ways to win over Lily to which caused the girl to roll her eyes. Evangeline snorted at Madison who was giving her eyes so much exercise.

Finally, Henrietta exited the room a smug smile plastered on her face. McGonagall stood in the doorway moments later and called Madison in. James gave her arm a light squeeze and sent a smile her way as she entered the room leaving the boy to attack Peter in a play fight. "Miss Parker, please do take a seat." McGonagall pulled out some papers from her files and glanced over them before looking over the top of her spectacles. "You seem to have achieved very good grades in most subjects throughout your time at school so far. I do not have the results for your O.W.L.S but I presume you will get similar if not even better results in them. Now this talk is not the deciding point in what you wish to do when you leave Hogwarts as you have a further two years to go. However, it is to help guide you in your vice as to what you take a N.E.W.T level."

Madison nodded. "Okay."

"So is there any idea on what you wish to do?" Asked Minerva who linked her fingers and rested them on the desk.

"To be perfectly honest, no. I was thinking about an author or librarian however I have decided against those. Other than that I haven't the foggiest."

McGonagall purses her lips nodding, "I see. Well, you are great at transfiguration, astronomy, potions and charms. Which are very high-level subjects. Not that you are not great in others but those are the best subjects of yours. There are many paths you could take such as being a healer, auror, professor, curse-breaking and many more."

The girl though for a moment but none of those seemed to interest her very much, "is there anything else?"

"Plenty, Madison. Don't think that you have to decide now but, I do suggest you continue studying the subjects I have stated and some more if you wish." Minerva said before noting down a few scribbles and placed them back into a file. "Madison now you can discuss what we have with your friends but there is a matter I wish to talk to you about without anyone else finding out."

Maddie stared at her professors confused but agreed to nonetheless. "What is it?"

"You have a had a traumatising year, with everything going on and I know for a fact that you have had friendship issues as well. So as your head of house, I want to ask if you are truly okay?"

"I am not. I still have nightmares of the task and seeing Mattei's eyes shut. It's like a picture replaying in my head and I can't get it to stop. Even if I fall asleep near someone, say in the common room next to Remus, they still happen but for some reason I don't react like I do when I am alone. It makes me feel sick to the stomach and with everything in the news about You-Know-Who, it's just hammering down in my like a migraine that won't go away. Other than that, I am feeling better than I was before, I am slowly getting used to everything now, whether I like it or not."

"You do not seem unhappy when I see you with your friends and those darn Marauders. Is the brave face you are masking your emotions with helping?"

"Definitely, the others think I am okay and aren't treating me like a porcelain doll who will break any moment. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for them worrying but, I don't want them getting affected because of me, especially the boys. They've only just come into my life properly, well except for Remus, and the girls and they are too kind to me. I just want to carry on and get through it all, and hopefully one day all will be well."

McGonagall hummed in response, "Of course. Now, I want to remind you that if you need someone to talk to about anything you can come to me. Madison, I am not the big grizzly bear I am made out to be, I do care for all students, Gryffindor or not. It's my duty to care and care I will."

"Certainly, Professor. Thank you."

"You are welcome, dear." Madison stood up from her seat sharing once last smile with the teacher before she made her way out of the room. James, Evangeline and Peter glanced at her and she grinned at them before bundling down the corridor on her way to the library to take out a book.

"Look Regulus, it's your blood-training brothers -girly friend. Miss Parker." Smirked Mulciber as the cornered her in one of the aisles of books.

"Guys, lets just go." Regulus said his face hard as his eyes bored into Madison's face. His eyes are not like Sirius' soft grey eyes instead they were far from soft. "There's no point wasting our time on such filth."

Madison backed into the self begging silently that she would have one day of peace. "No, Reg. I believe some fun is to be had. Now I wonder will she drop her knickers as easily as people say?"Avery tainted edging even closer, licking his lips revealing his yellowing teeth.

Instantly she crossed her legs, "go away." She stated her voice much stronger than she expected.

"No, little lion." Avery chortled. "I'll-"

"-Leave her alone." The group of slytherin's turned around to see Sirius glaring at them. "Now piss off." He hand his wand pointed directly at them and surprisingly they obliged leaving Madison to fall into her boyfriends arms.

"Will I ever have a day where everything is fine and normal?" She asked him.

"Sadly not, but on the bright side life'll never be boring." Sirius replied chuckling lightly before pressing a kiss to her forehead. "And I will continue to be your knight in shining armour."

"But what if I want to be the knight?"

"Then what would I be, Maddie?"

"The queen."

Sirius sighed, "we are not talking about chess!"

"Queen Sirius, the serious leader."