118

Madison received plenty of letters over the week following, each of her friends seemed to have been writing letters at the same time because each day she had received a pile of four. Placing them into a drawer she ignored them, unable to face the truth of her leaving her friends behind.

Lochlan spent hours each day after work trying to get his daughter to crack. She would curl up in the corner of her room, a book in her hands and not listen to a word he was saying. She saw no point in him attempting to change her mind because she would not be returning to that school to do her exams. She would not be returning. Period.

However, Madison did write to two people. Gabe and Ansel. The two boys wrote to her in seek of a potential meet up during them summer months as a way of letting go of their friends completely. Since the deaths of Mattei and Edvardus, the three became increasingly close and offered guidance to each other when needed. The boys were fully aware of Madison's decision and despite thinking that she was wasting her life by missing these exams, they knew there was no way they could persuade her.

There was also another. Marlene had written plenty of letters, none of which yelled at her, called her stupid or anything similar. Marlene only seemed interested in Madison's well-being. Madison didn't reply much, though, only a few words if that but it was still much more than what Sirius or the others received from the girl.

Madison only wanted space. Her head was full of doubts and worries, matched with anger and hatred. Nothing seemed to make sense to her. Her mind was clouded but so wide open. She immersed herself inside of her books, burrowing deep between the pages that ripped her from reality.

"Maddie, sweetheart, come on. You have barely spoken a word to us since we brought you home," Said Lachlan, sitting beside his daughter as she read. "What's going on?"

Madison flipped the page not even sparing her father a glance. A sigh escaped her lips and she shook her head. "Maddie?"

"Look, I'm fine. Leave me alone!" The girl snapped, her accent thickening and her book slamming shut. "I made my decision. It's done. End of."

Lachlan reached out for his daughter he stood up abruptly. "Darling, I know. Please, just don't keep yourself cooped up."

"Da', can yi just give me some space. I prefer to be alone." Maddison whimpered, her voice cracking and lips quivering.

Her father brought her into a hug, "there is more than just the Order, isn't there?"

She nodded her head, falling into his arms. "I'm just so confused!"

"Confused about what?"

"Everything."

"Oh darling."

* * *

It didn't take long for Sirius to buy and move into his own flat once he left Hogwarts. Using his inheritance from his Uncle Alphard, Sirius splashed out in everything he ever wanted. James, Remus and he designed his flat whilst Peter was else where and immediately his flat became the marauder den.

They still hadn't heard from Madison. They had planned to go to her house that evening but at that moment James was in no fit state to leave the house. He laid on the floor, his limbs spread out so he resembled a starfish and a bright smile was on his face.

"I'm going to marry her," he sighed happily, glancing at Sirius and Remus gleefully.

"Merlin's beard, Prongs! Lily only agreed to date you a month ago! Don't you think it's a bit soon?" Exclaimed Sirius who rested his back against the sofa.

"I don't care. I've been waiting for years. I just want her. And I want her bad."

"You've got her haven't you? Why so adamant that you want marriage? What if Lily says no?" Remus yawned, last night's furry problem catching up on him.