72

After a few days of staying quiet, Madison eventually continued as she usually did. Times were changing, and as much as she and everyone hated it, death would be something they'd have to live with, but that didn't mean they'll get used to it. She had exchanged a letter or two with Gabriel, Ansel and Theodore but they were in mourning for their other friend and were not in a state to write too much.

Sirius has kept checking ip on the girl a lot, he wanted to make sure she was okay, and couldn't help but worry more due to his recent revelation. Knowing that he loved her had made him much more happier to be with her than before, he had a sort of glow, similar to one of a pregnant woman, and he couldn't keep a smile off of his lips when around the young girl. "Why are you grinning so much lately?" Madison asked him from her seat on the armchair by the fire.

Sirius who was stretched out on the settee with James, Remus and Peter, shrugged trying to stop his lips from curling at the edges. His hair was tried up in a top-knot which unfortunately meant he couldn't even hide behind his long curls. James nudged him playfully, smirking whilst Peter napped on his shoulder, his lips parts with drool dripping from the edges. Remus, like Madison, had his nose in a book and his legs draped across Sirius'. "Does there need to be a reason?"

Madison nodded, "with you? Yes. It's unnerving, it generally means you're up to something." Remus nodded in agreement, his eyes poking over the top of his book, "See even Remus agrees!"

"Oh shut up Moony!"

"Don't tell him to shut up!" Madison exclaimed, "leave the boy alone."

"Yeah, Padfoot, you're such a bully!" James said in a child-like voice, before poking his tongue out.

Before Sirius could talk Lily spoke to the group, "What is the deal with these nicknames? I'm so confused, Maddie has one, do I have one?"

James ruffled his hair and pushed his glasses up before leaning towards the red headed girl who was perched on the floor, braiding Evangeline's hair. "Oh you do have one, love. So many from me." Lily glared at him and huffed in annoyance.

"I mean you did ask Lils." Evangeline laughed, "but I am so very curious myself, how has Maddie got one?"

"Because she's amazing." Said Sirius winking at the girl.

"Are you saying we're aren't amazing?" Lily asked raising her eyebrows.

"Well-"

"I wasn't asking you, Potter."

"No, he's just trying to be a cringey, soppy boyfriend. You both are amazing." Stated Remus, who blushed slightly before burying his nose deeper into the pages.

"Thanks, Remus." They both grinned, giggling slightly. James shot a look at the boy, before sighing in content at the redhead.

Madison stood up stretching, her shirt rising slightly, entertaining Sirius so very nicely. She placed her book into her bag and slinging onto her shoulder and heading towards the portrait hole. "Where're you going?" Called Sirius from his seat.

"Library."

"Why?"

"Why not?" She waved him goodbye and left the tower, bidding the Fat Lady goodbye, and skipping down the steps, stopping and waiting for the next set to join to where she was standing. Once stationed, she climbed down that flight and another before waiting for another set to join where she was standing once again. Finally, she reached the ninth floor and headed towards the library. Madison loved the smell of the books that hit her as she entered the large room. She smiled to herself and worked her way through the shelves placing books back where the were meant to go and collecting new books that she clutched to her chest until she found a spot to sit at.

A little while later a cough from behind her brought her to look up. She turned to find Snape looking most dreadful as ever, his Jack Frost-nipped skin, rings around his eyes and pointing, hook nose. "Can I help you?"Madison asked, her voice snappy, and her accent thickened. He didn't say anything, instead he thrusted a folded piece of parchment at her, his eyes stone cold. She looked at it and then back at him. "What's this."

"Give it to Evans." He said, his voice drooling at monotone.

"I'm sorry? I didn't hear any manners there, do you know they're free? Oh wait! Nope you think you don't have to treat people nicely! I forgot that. Now, why would I give Lily this?" Madison retorted, sardonically, her nostrils flaring.

"Oh do shut up." Snape said, "You aren't a Queen, despite what you think. Just give it to her."

"I'm not a queen, I don't think of myself as one, but manners are something I would like to be given. I'm not giving this to Lily, she made it quite clear that she doesn't want anything to do with anyone who called her a m-blood." Madison stood up, her relaxing visit to the library now spoiled and clutched the books to her chest once again, not letting go of the note.

Snape drew his wand pointing it straight at her face, "You will give it to her." He seethed.

"I'm not scared of you." Madison said.

"I can make you be. I can also make you afraid of you little love once more one you hear the stories of his home life." Snape threatened.

Madison batted his wand from her face with her books and stamped on his foot, "do me a favour and shove off." She spat and stormed away from the boy. "What a twat."