29

Sirius panted as he got to the courtyard, but didn't care. The other boys soon caught up with the boy and transformed back. Remus untied Madison, and allowed Sirius to return to his human form. He instantly turned to Remus and without a word, took the girl from his arms and ran to the hospital wing, the others yet again following him. "POPPY!" He yelled, making the healer jump and glare in his direction.

"Mr Black what- Merlins' beard, get her on a bed, and under the sheets." Her glare softened and she scurried off into her office.

Sirius did as instructed, keeping the robes around her and he sat in the chair beside her, his hand clutching hers. "Maddie, wake up." He begged. "I know you were upset, but why the bloody hell did you go out there?"

"Pads, she'll be fine." James patted his shoulder, "the girl is strong."

"You don't know that. We barely know her." Sirius groaned.

"I've known her for years, and I don't even know. Maddie is full of surprises." Remus replied.

The boys didn't leave the hospital wing, even though Pomfrey wanted them to. In the end she worked around them, bringing Madison's temperature back to normal, and brought her back to consciousness. "Miss Parker, what an Earth were you thinking going out there?" Madam Pomfrey asked, as she sat up.

"I-Uh-I don't know." She looked down taking off the robes. Madam Pomfrey shook her head and walked away, "I have summoned your head of house and Professor Dumbledore. Boys leave. No dawdling."

The boys reluctantly left, Sirius being the last, as he shut the door who took one last glance at Madison who mouthed, 'I'm sorry but thank-you." He nodded his head, shutting the door and catching up to his friends, who passed the two Professors on their way.

Dumbledore and McGonagall made their way to Madison's bedside. McGonagall kept her lips pursed, as usual, and Dumbledore looked at her in sympathy. No one spoke for a matter of moments, the room remained silent with Madison yet again staring at hr hands that rested in her lap. "Miss Parker, I assume you remember the forest is in fact forbidden to go in unless accompanied by a teacher?" Dumbledore finally spoke.

She nodded.

"I will not raise any sanctions, as it is the Christmas period, but I must ask you why."

"I don't know, sir. I just ran and ended up there." She mumbled.

The two professors nodded before walking to the other end of the room, Pomfrey joining them. they discussed the state she was in, and other parts of the story when they finally returned to her bedside. "Miss Parker, do you wish to return home for the rest of the holidays?"

Madison pondered for a moment before nodding. "Please."

"Very well, Minerva may you collect her belongings and meet myself and Madison in my office, pronto." The elder wizard looked over his half-moon spectacles, at the woman, who nodded in return and stalked off. "Up you get. Miss Parker."

Madison slowly slid out of the bed, and flattened out her now slightly dirty dress, carrying her shoes once again. She followed the headmaster to his office and waited patiently for McGonagall to return. She gazed and carefully stroked Fawkes, the Phoenix, in the mean time.

When her trunk was by her side, and she was stood in the large fireplace, she bid the professors a merry Christmas and dropped the usual greeny-brown floo powder. "16 Angel close." She said loud and clearly and with a puff of green fire she felt her self turn and slide past many grates until she landed in her living room.

"Mam?" She called out and her mother ran into the living room, shocked to see her daughter.

"Oh my darling! What are you doing here?" She clasped her tightly in her arms.

"I am home for the holidays." Madison replied simply embracing her mother. "Where is Athair?" She asked, her eyes glancing around the room for her father.

"He's upstairs in bed, Iníon" She told her daughter. "Go on up, I will take your trunk to your room, and bring us all some hot drinks."

Madison nodded, dropping her shoes and racing up the stairs to her parents room. "Papa!" She grinned jumping onto her knees hugging her dad.

"Hello baby girl. What are you doing home?" He kissed her head.

"I had a little conundrum this evening, and wanted to come home for the holidays." She bit her lip,as her mother handed her a hot chocolate and sat on her side of the bed a coffee in hand, along with Lochlan, Madison's father.

"What type of conundrum? Does it explain why your feet are dirty?" Darcy, her mother asked.

Madison told her parents the whole story of the evening, and what happened, getting slightly tearful at the mention of Mattei. Her parents asked a few questions but remained silent and listened for the most part of the story. Lochlan had his arm wrapped around his daughter, flabbergasted at what his former friends son, who was his daughter's best friend, had said.

"Just like his father." Lochlan spat.

Madison looked confused at her mother, raising an eyebrow, "Your father and his father have had an argument, six months ago, but remained civil around each other as we believe you both were still friends." Darcy explained.

"Papa." She sighed, "it is okay, I am going to forget about him, well try to anyway."

Lochlan smiled slightly, "That's my girl."

Darcy looked at her husband and daughter in awe, they always had a special bond and couldn't be happier. "I hope you got a picture of yourself, before the forest met you." She said, sipping her beverage.

"Don't worry Lily did." She nodded.

Lochlan grinned, "That's good, I always liked the Evans. Anyway you mentioned, Remus, and his friends. You seem closer to them."

"I guess." She shrugged, "i am closer than ever with Remus, and I have gotten closer to his friends Peter and James, but Sirius, is difficult."

"Why? Is he being the stereotypical Black? Do I need to beat some arse?" Lochlan turned his nose up.

"No! Athair, he isn't like his family. He's okay I guess, but I still-"

"You were scared of him, don't be afraid to admit it." Her mother cut in.

"Yes I was, and still am. But I s'pose, he isn't as bad as I thought, I just need time." Madison replied. Her parents listened and that is what she was grateful for. They spoke for a little longer before Madison decided to shower and head to bed, her feet sore and throbbing covered in dirty and her head pounding.

She just wanted to sleep and not wake up for a while, forgetting the next day was Christmas.