34

February had come around like a flash of lightning in a thunder storm. The list for Sirius was still not complete, Madison still had to write five more things then add her last one that she refused to put if others were still helping her write it. To be honest, she was more interested in finding out the clue from the egg she had rescued from the dragon back in November. She had two weeks until the task and still hadn't worked out the clue. Well that was until Daniel Caniff came up to her one evening. "Madison?" He asked.

"Yeah?" She replied.He pulled her away from her friends. "Is everything okay?"

"Have you figured out the clue?"

She shook her head, "No, what about you?"

"I worked it out this morning. Holding the egg underwater and listen." He waved her goodbye.

"Thank you?" She called to him before returning to the boys and girls.

"What did, good looking- I mean Daniel want?" Mary asked.

Madison smiled, "He told me how to work out the clue for the next task."

"Really?" Lily exclaimed, clapping her hands together. "How?"

"He said to open it underwater."

"Hopefully it works, then." James said pushing up his glasses. "I mean every time you've opened the bastard thing it screeches and deafens everyone."

Everybody nodded in agree meant and Sirius spoke up, "Well what are waiting for woman? Get your arse to the prefects bathroom and open it."

"She isn't a prefect, Black!" Lily hissed.

"Oh come on Evans, beautiful, shes your best mate, let her in." James ran a hand through his unruly hair.

"Don't call me that, Potter. Anyway, I can't. I'll get into trouble."

"You don't have to, Moony, let 'er in." Peter smirked.

Remus scratched the back of his neck but before he could open his mouth Lily cried, "Absolutely not! I won't allow it!"

"Lily, if it benefits Maddie. I am willing to bend the rules. And if she gets caught I'll blame it on the boys." Remus turned to the redhead.

"Yeah!" James nodded but soon realised what Remus had said. "Hey!"

"I am kidding, I'll take the fall." Remus chuckled.

"No. I can't let yous get in trouble if I get caught." Madison spoke up, taking the egg from her bag.

"Sure you can." Evangeline nodded.

"No I can't." Madison turned on her heel. "I will just use the showers in the dorm." She ran off up to the tower and into her dormitory. Taking a towel and some more clothes she stripped and went into the shower with the egg. "I swear to Merlin if this doesn't work. I am just going to smash you up, you fucking. . .egg." She unclasped the latch on the top of the golden egg and the inside lit up a glittering gold.

We have nothing to do with your task,

But listen carefully whilst this lasts.

The thing you seek,

Is precious,

Your task may make you feel weak.

You must persevere, stay strong and willing.

So that you can keep on fulfilling,

What is needed to be done.

You must enter their pit,