55

Madison trudged down the stairs just before dinner and passed the group not glancing in their direction. She exited the portrait hole and trolled the school before heading to the room of requirement. The girl slumped on a sofa in the room bringing her legs up into her chest sighing her head falling onto her knees. "Maddie?" She looked up and saw Sirius who looked at her solemnly, he could see the tears welling up in her eyes and he rushed over to her bringing her into a hug. "What's going on?"

"I dunno, the girls just started saying I was using them and I asked Frank nicely to stay out of it and Alice snapped and it all blew up, I snapped and I-I"

"Maddie, calm down. The girls are probably on their periods."

"When girls are angry they aren't always on their periods. I just want this year to be over because it's been shit."

Sirius sighed rubbing his back, "You don't mean that do you? At least not all of it. I mean, not everything has been that bad has it?"

Madison shrugged, "I don't know. To be honest, it is all a blur, my head is pounding."

Sirius nodded pulling her even closer to her, "I understand, it has been a lot for you and frankly this summer holiday couldn't come quick enough, but next week is our O.W.L.S so stop stressing about friendships and focus on revising, I will be with you no matter what."

Madison sniffed and looked up at the boy, "Thank you, Sirius. I'm sorry for ever thinking you were scary, sorry for judging you and stuff and sorry for making you complete this list. Scrap the list."

"What?"

"This is list is not needed anymore, you've proved your trust to me already," Madison explained, pulling the parchment from his pocket, even though Sirius pulled it from her grasp.

"Maybe I want to complete it." He smirked.

"You won't be able to."

"And why is that Missus?"

"Because the girls won't do the tasks because we are not on good terms," Madison said.

"Fuck them, you can do the tasks they were supposed to help with. Now I can just take even more time to complete it all." Sirius kissed her forehead, "just forget about them and focus on what is important to you, which I know is your O.W.LS."

The door creaked open and Remus, James and Peter entered. They glanced at their friend who held the girl and all shared the same questioning look. "She's not, but she will be. Did anything else happen after I left?"

Peter nodded, "The girls were slagging her off and Lily stormed off as she didn't want to be in the middle of things. Frank tried to leave but Alice held onto him. Personally, I think it's all stress about exams."

"You know, I think you may be right." James nodded sitting beside Sirius on the sofa, Remus sat behind Madison and Peter next to James. "Also, girls are complicated, I wouldn't worry about it, Maddie."

Madison looked up and thanked them all, shuffling closer to Remus who held his arms open for her. "Is Harley coming to yours for part of the summer?" She asked the boy, trying to change the subject.

Remus shrugged, "Hopefully, I miss her a lot."

"Who is Harley?"

"Prongs, she is my little cousin, she's only just turned four and she is so cute."

James cooed, "I want to meet her! Little kids love me!"

Remus shook his head laughing, "we should go to the kitchens dinner will be over now."

* * *

During the night Madison tossed and turned before grumbling and hauling herself out of the bed pulling on a long-sleeved shirt that she had discarded due to the humidity of the air. Her bare feet padded on the cold wooden floor before out onto the stone steps that lead to the boys' dormitory. She knocked lightly on the door and received no reply. The door creaked slightly as she nudged it open slowly and crept into the room. Nearing Remus' bed she heard a cough and glanced up to see Frank awake along with Sirius. "Listen, Madison, I'm sorry about the girls, especially Alice, they're just stressed about exams."

"S'okay, I'm sorry for snapping at you." She returned as he laid down and drifted off to sleep. "What were you doing up?"

"Just talking, Leo, what about you?" Said Sirius yawning and pushing his hair back from his face.

"Couldn't sleep."

"Were you coming to Moony?"He asked and she nodded her face barely visible in the moonlight that slipped the curtains. "I told you ages ago you could just come and wake me up, now come here." Madison trudged towards him and slipped under the covers next to him. He looked at her, "Did you have your shirt off by any chance?"

"Why?"

"It's on inside out." He snorted flicking the label that was sewed into it. She blushed and looked down. "You can sort it out you know." Madison was about to get up to go to the bathroom when Sirius stopped her. "Just sort it out here, it won't hurt either one of us." The girl nodded and slowly tugged the shirt over her head causing it turn into the right way and Sirius couldn't help but stare. She slipped it on and her ears tinted pink. "Your arms, the scars are still prominent, do they hurt?"

Madison shook her head and fiddle with the sleeves, "No. They're just not nice to look at, Remus' are for being brave, whereas mine are there because I couldn't stop some kids from doing it for me."

"Shut up, don't talk like that. Everyone has scars, and there are different stories for each. Some are for bravery, some are for weakness, some are visible, some are invisible, some are purposefully made, some are accidents but everyone has at least one."

"Do you?"Sirius nodded and picked up his wand flicking it across his back revealing long scars that took the shape of a belt and its buckle. "Pad-"

"Don't, they don't hurt, not anymore. But as you see, some people have stories that are hidden, stories told by scars." Sirius stated and covered them back over with a charm. "Now let's get some sleep." He pulled her closer and the covers higher over them and just as he closed his eyes he heard her mutter.

"I like you too."

A/N- Polaroid>>

~Madison Parker and Evangeline Smith aged 14, taken by Lily Evans