49

For the rest of the day Madison kept to herself, the boys kept to themselves and the girls kept to themselves. The large group which has subconsciously formed was now in three parts. Even during classes even when they were mixed up and sat with each other unless they were in their own small groups, they stayed silent and got on with their work. The only two out of the groups that were mixing were Alice and Frank because they are in a relationship. James, of course, flirted with Lily during the days, and Lily and Remus spoke whilst on prefect duties only just to see how each other were and such things. Over all, the Gryffindor house could tell something was up with the fifth years being so diverse. Sirius got a bollocking from McGonagall once news got round about the fight, the Slytherin's of course only dropped him in it, surprisingly Snape did not rat on James-for once.

Sirius was stressed.

He wanted to get more tasks of the lists done, look after Maddie and other things but he couldn't. Wih Madison steering herself away from the group to stop trouble, it meant nobody was talking to her and she was keeping her head down studying for her O.WL.S. Quidditch was still going on but she missed the games, even when Gryffindor was playing. The cup finals were the weekend coming, and from James' constant rambling you would think it was life or death.

Revising for the O.W.L.S was awful, it was a constant strain on her brain trying to remember everything she had learnt in the past five years along with keeping out of the way of everyone else who were revising especially the girls and Remus. That and her animagus training was messing her up as well. Granted, she had two weeks to go with keeping the Mandrake leaf in her mouth but eating and drinking were still proving to be a struggle.

Currently, she was sat in a vacant row of books in the library, revising for astronomy. Where as usually, it would be her best subject, she couldn't remember a single thing and was having trouble revising. "This goddamn subject can go fuck a tree and get splinters." She whined, her head falling into her hands.

A boy passing by in the library looking for one of his friends to talk to because he was bored spotted her and heard her last remark choosing to join her. "Well, that's got to hurt."

Looking up Madison's eyebrows knitted together, "What are you doing here, Sirius?"

"I was originally looking for Moony but you looked lonely and stressed. I thought my charm and good looks would help calm you." Sirius smirked sitting beside her. "Now what are you working on?"

"Astronomy." Madison sighed.

"But that is your best subject. Why are you stressing over it, you'll walk it."

"I can't remember a thing!" Madison cried, her arms flailing everywhere annoying Madam Pince who poked her head around the bookshelf corner and shushed her, sending her icy glare at the girl.

Sirius pulled the girl into a side hug, "I'll help you, after all, I am technically a star!"

"Ha, ha, very funny." Her eyes rolled and she winced as she was pressed into his side.

Instantly the boy let go of her waist and glanced at her in worry. "How are they?The cuts and bruises?"

"Sore. I've found a spell that masks scars, I just haven't had the time to do it yet. I was going to do it after I have finished studying but it doesn't look like I'll ever finish so I give up revising this evening." Madison pulled out her wand and turned back to the boy. "Can you hold my robe arm out of the way whilst I perform the charm."

Sirius shook his head and grabbed her wrist gently. "Look you don't need to do anything. You wanna know why? Because these scars make you, they may seem horrible to you but I think they make you even more beautiful."

"Sorry?"She choked in confusion.

"They make you more beautiful than you already are. Nobody is perfect but you are and before these, I thought you were possibly not real because I had never seen someone so gorgeous and perfect in my life. Seeing you with them obviously I feel awful for not being able to protect you from getting them and that they must be painful but they will fade. I know that they'll always be there even if you only know that they're there but I think they make you so bloody gorgeous."

"Sirius, I don't understand. Where is this all coming from?"

"I'm complimenting you."

"Why?"

"Why not?" He shrugged. Running a hand through his hair, his hands getting clammy and his heart rate racing. "Madison your pretty, beautiful, gorgeous and out of this world."

"Is this a prank with the rest of the boys?" Madison scoffed shutting her books and putting them in her bag along with her writing equipment. She stood up and slung her bag over her shoulder.

Sirius leaped up and followed her out of the library, "Madsie, I swear this is not a prank!"

"Funny that, I don't quite believe you."

"Madison!" He called after her, "I know I haven't got the greatest track record but when have I ever lied to you?"

Climbing onto the staircases, she replied, "When you tried to tell me that Remus was sick that time after astronomy."

"Yeah but, that's because I didn't know you knew about his monthly problem!"

"That still doesn't mean I believe you, you probably tell every girl that you have a fling with. Oh, you're so bloody gorgeous- Pumpkin pies-" She told the portrait the password before climbing into the common room finding the rest of the group talking together for some reason, much like usual. "Then you snog them in a broom cupboard for a bit and then move onto the next!"

"I'm not going to try that with you! Everything I have told you tonight has been the truth!" Sirius cried and stopped in front of her, where she stood by the stairs to go up to the dormitories.

"Sure you're not. If you're telling the truth what are you going to do then?"

Sirius cupped her cheeks and pressed his lips to hers. Madison's eyes widened but fluttered shut as she melted into the kiss, wrapping her arms around his waist as she forgot where she was and who was watching. James, and Remus both grinned from ear-to-ear, whilst everybody stared in shock. The kiss didn't last long when the pair broke apart and Sirius smiled, his hands still on her, now, rosy cheeks.

"I will snog you in the common room."