19

"Has anyone got a date to this ball?"Evangeline asked one morning as her and the girls sat in the dormitory, her dark hair falling over her face covering her ocean eyes and contrasting with her pale complexion. "Terrence Hughes a Ravenclaw asked me today, but I don't know what to say."

Marlene looked up from her mirror as she searched her face for blemishes to get rid of, " I haven't heard of him, what is her like?" Evangeline's eyes lit up even brighter as she blew her hair from her face.

"Oh he is so dreamy!" She gushed, "he has sandy brown hair, and oh my his deep chocolate eyes are like chocolate! He is so sweet, he holds the door open for me every time we pass each other in the halls and his smile is one to make you melt! Of course he isn't the tallest nor the shortest, but I think he is just right, the same height as me!"

"Someone is smitten!" Lily smirked. "Sounds like a right crush you got there Marls, say yes go on! Say yes!" Mary and Alice both nodded their heads in agreement as Madison stayed engrossed into her book, as usual.

"What about you Alice? Longbottom asked you?"

"Yes, Marlene he has. It was so romantic, we were walking by the lake and he handed me a rose. Oh I felt like a right princess! Mary has anyone asked you?" Alice said.

"Yeah, a hufflepuff, Amos Diggory. You guys know him right? He is known as one of the cutest boys of the school! Of course I said yes, no questions needed."

"OOOH, Diggory! You got it good." Evangeline laughed. "Lils, what about you?"

"Potter asked, which is no surprise. I told him no! I'm not going with an arrogant toe rag!" The redhead roared, anger bubbling inside of her as she thought of the boy.

"He isn't that bad, Lily. Despite his cocky nature he is kinda alright, just give him a chance to show you that side of him." Madison muttered as she flicked the page of her book over. Lily looked at her in bewilderment, Potter was not alright in her eyes! But she shrugged, not wanting to talk of the scruffy haired boy with glasses.

"And do you have a date, Maddie?" Alice questioned stealing the book from the girl so she would have to pay full attention.

"No." She stated, " And nor do I want one. I hate dresses, I hate make up, I hate mushy crap, and I hate so called balls, and most of all I hate dates."

"Come on Maddie, you have to go." Evangeline whined.

"No, I most certainly do not, end of."

"What if someone asks you?" Lily questioned.

"I would decline, and besides who in their right minds would ask me?" The girl replied taking her book and leaving the dormitory and heading to breakfast. The girls sighed and followed after her, hoping to catch a late breakfast.

"The Yule ball has been a tradition of The Tri-wizard tournament, for centuries." McGonagall began as she gathered all Gryffindor students in her classroom, taking them off timetable after lunch. "The Yule Ball is of course a chance for us all to - er - let our hair down. However no one under fourth year may attend unless asked by an older student. As it is first and foremost a dance, and I will not having you turning up as a band of babbling baboons and ruin the name of Godric Gryffindor."

The girls and boys were sat on opposite sides of the classroom as the tables and chair were stacked up at the sides of the rooms. The majority of females perked up at the sound of the dance whereas about the same amount of boys and Madison all slumped in their seats. "So as far as the tradition goes there will be a traditional dance to which everyone is expected to dance to, the Champions being first onto the floor." Madison slumped further into her seat as the girls she called her friends smirked as it meant she had to attend said Ball. "Therefore I shall be teaching you the way of the dance."