77

Hogsmeade weekend was upon the school as Christmas neared, students packed the shops searching for gifts or the pubs for some drinks and warm food. Madison and Sirius had strayed from their friends part way through the day finding a booth seat in the Three Broomsticks, mugs of butterbeer sat on the table as the pair indulged in each other. Snogging like nobody was watching.

From a table not so far away their friends sat whilst James grimaced at the pair. "I still can't get over the fact that they're together." He said sipping his drink and turning back to the pair.

Remus guffawed and patted his back, "Are you jealous Prongs?" He asked him, a grin on his lips as James scoffed.

"I'm not jealous of Padfoot and Leo, I just think it's still weird the fact that he, a reckless guy, has a girlfriend who was one of the most introverted people in the world until he corrupted her."

Lily looked at the boy strangely, it was if she was looking at a new creature she had found in the streets, "He didn't corrupt her, she just grew more confident. Everything doesn't revolve around you and your friends."

"And here I thought we were friends, Evans," James replied running a hand through his hair as she made a snapping retort causing him to look down. She didn't notice his saddened ways even when Madison and Sirius joined them all not long after a few bags in their hands along with their drinks. "Enjoying yourself, Leo, Padfoot?" James looked up, putting on a smirk.

Madison blushed but nodded nonetheless, sitting beside Remus. Sirius knocked James on the back of the head, bringing a chair from a close by table and sitting on it backwards, his arms resting on the back. He looped one of his hands with Madison's and his thumb traced the back of hers lovingly. "What are you doing for Christmas?" Sirius asked his girlfriend, "Are you staying here?"

She shook her head, "No, my parents and I are going to my grandparents which means me and my cousins and uncles and my da' will most probably be dragged out on a hike on Christmas day whilst my mam, aunts and grandma cook." Sirius could sense her annoyance. "I love my family but if my uncle makes me hike one more Christmas I might scream."

Sirius chuckled burying his head into the crook of her neck, "At least you'll be hungry for dinner."

"But I want to snuggle up on the sofa in my pyjamas playing games with my family not climbing a bloody hill!"Madison whined leaning her head on his.

"Sneak away and go home, that's what I'd do if Prongs made me go on a hike."

"It's not that simple."

* * *

"You'll have to come over one day during the holidays. My parents would love to actually meet you properly and get to know you."Madison said to Sirius as they hugged goodbye on the platform. "And that means without Prongs."

Sirius nodded, "Send me the word and I'll be there. I am a grown man now I can apparate-"

"You haven't had the text yet, none of us have." Madison reminded him, deflating his big head, causing him to pout. "Just floo over."

"Fine. Even though I am probably the best apparator ever to live so I don't need some poxy test. Don't look at me like that, you know it's true! Ugh, Madison, as my girlfriend you are supposed to support me."

Madison shook her head in amusement and pecked his cheek, "And I do. When you're not being egotistical and thinking you're better than everyone else. And not planning on hurting yourself."

"But I always plan that I may hurt myself every month. You know that." He winked tugging her by her waist closer to him. He could practically hear James' eyes rolling in their sockets as he waited for Sirius to depart from Madison. Sirius pressed a short kiss to her lips and smiled pulling back. "Merry Christmas, my little potato."

"Are you calling me fat?"

"No, you're Irish and love potatoes thus meaning your my potato."

"Honestly, Padfoot, you are so fucking annoying when it comes to referring to me about anything stereotypical to Ireland. You such a nightmare." Madison sighed pulling away from the boy and turning around walking away.

"No, I am your dream!" Sirius called after her.

Madison approached her parents letting her hands slip off of her trunk and opening her arms wide enough so that she could hug both of them. "How have you been, my darling?" Greeted Darcy kissing her forehead.

"I have been okay, much better than last year, I'll tell you that." She replied as her father continued to hug her. "Da' please release."

Lochlan pulled away scratching his neck, "Right. Sorry, Maddie. um, how is Sirius?"

"He's all good, I invited him over one of the days in the holiday, so that you can get to know him better. Is that okay?" She bit her lip and rubbed her elbow nervously. She didn't know how her parents were going to react, especially her father, she just hoped they didn't mind.

"Oh that's wonderful, isn't it, Lucky? It would be nice to really get to know him. We have heard so much about him from you, and that run in at the station with his mother last year was not pleasant but he seemed so lovely." Darcy gushed, and her husband nodded, "I'm sure the day after boxing day would be perfectly fine, you must write him as soon as you can! But, for now, let's get home, shall we, tomorrow we go to my parents' house."

Madison nodded, sighing in relief as she took hold of her father's hand and held her trunk in her other hand. The last thing she saw before the disapparated was Sirius and James laughing with Mr and Mrs Potter.

They all seemed so happy.