47

TW

Madison curled up in a ball in a nook of the common room. She wasn't reading, she wasn't doing anything but staring into the fire. Her fingers were tapping on her knee that was in her chest. The room was empty, and the silence felt golden. It felt nice for Madison to be alone, properly, without anyone walking past, it was just Madison and the common room- Madison and her thoughts. It was was perfect, with the warmth of the fire radiating onto her fully covered body, and the crackling of the embers filling her ears. That was until the sound of the portrait hole opening and closing along with footsteps sliced the silence like a knife through butter. Pressing her body further into the arm chair, she tried to hide in the shadows, to avoid the sight of the Gryffindor who entered but that was deemed hard due to the light of the fire.

The boy walked slowly into the center of the room, his raven hair flowing behind him- the last person she wanted to see. Sirius Black. "Maddie?" He asked as he turned to see her in the corner. Madison kept her head on her knees not looking up at him, her shaking had returned once more. Sirius made his way towards her slowly, a gentle yet confused look evident on his face. "Madsie? What's going on?" He asked, crouching down in front of her.

She didn't answer. Sirius timidly grabbed her trembling hands and she snatched them away from him. He repeated his actions and she shouted, "Get off of me!" Much like she did before breakfast.

"Madison. Please tell me what's going on, I want to help." Sirius pleaded. He saw the tears welling up in her eyes, but she looked down and wiped them away before they fell. "Woah, woah, woah. Maddie don't cry, just please let me help you." Madison shook her head and stood up, climbing around the crouching boy and she attempted to run to her dormitory. Sirius leaped up and chased after her, and once they reached the girl's dormitory stairs, they changed into a slide and the two tumbled down it. They landed in a heap, and when the boy went to get up he noticed a few bruises on the girl's stomach, from where her clothing a risen slightly. Crawling towards her, he whispered, "What happened? How did you get these?" He clasped her jumper and top tugging them up further. "Maddie there are so many! How did you get these? Did someone do this to you?"

Madison slapped his hand away and pulled her jumper down. "I'm fine." She muttered.

"No you're not. Bloody hell! What is that? On your arm?" Sirius exclaimed guiding the sleeve further up her arm revealing cuts. "D-did you harm yourself?" Madison shook her head and broke down in tears.

"It hurt so much. T-they pinned me down, I couldn't stop it." She cried.

"Who? Maddie, who did this to you?" His eyes widened, as traced his fingers over the cuts, causing her to wince. "Did they do anything else?" She nodded slowly pulling up her other sleeve. "Bloodtraitor. . ."

Madison sniffed, closing her eyes."Please let me go."She begged.

"I don't understand, if somebody did this to you, then why are you scared of me again?"

"You look like him."

Sirius furrowed his eyebrows and brought her into a hug. She wrapped her quivering arms around his waist and her head rested on his leather jacket covered shoulder. "I look like him?" He murmured puzzled. "Regulus. . ."He gritted his teeth, causing Maddie to jump slightly. He pulled out of the hug but kept hold of the top of her arms so he could still see her. "My son of a bitch, brother did this to you? I suppose his mates joined in too?" Madison nodded.

"Who cut you?"

"Reg-g-ulus." She stuttered.

Sirius lowly growled, "They kicked you?"

"Yes."

"Anything else?" Maddie looked down her gaze not meeting his. "Maddie? Please tell me."

"Avery he-he tried to t-touch me."

"Sorry, what?!" At this point Sirius was fuming, he sat down on the nearest sofa, bringing the girl to sit beside him. "Tell me exactly what he did."

Madison took in a deep breath, "It was like the threat he said at the start of the year, he pulled my top off and didn't stop looking at my-you know's- and he then pulled down my trousers, all, while Regulus was slicing my arms and Mulicber, was kicking me. Snape stood watching like he was frozen, he didn't move until they were finished and they ran away with smirks on their faces. Avery, he went to touch me below but Regulus was finished and told them all that they were done. If he hadn't had finished right then, then Avery would have been able to do what he wanted."

"Maddie. . ."Sirius breathed out, sympathy lacing his words. "I'm gonna kill 'em all."

"Sirius don't!"She cried as he stood up.

"Madison that is fucking assault!" He retorted, "They'll deserve it."

"Please, stop shouting."

His eyes softened as he watched her flinch. "I'm sorry," he mumbled bringing her back into a hug.

"No, I'm sorry. Before this year, before you acknowledged me, everything was normal. Now, you have all put up with a load of shit because of me. You guys don't deserve it. The whole Mattei stuff, to this. It's crap, and I am sorry."

"Don't apologise, you have done nothing wrong. You are innocent in this. Now I am going to kill them all, I am going to kill them now." Sirius said, he pulled out of the hug and ran from the common room, out of the tower and then out of the school.

"Sirius stop!" Madison called, running after him. She chased him all of the way down to the village, yelling after him. They passed their friends who eyed the confused. James and Remus instantly ran after them the others on their tail. "Sirius stop!"Sirius spotted the group of Slytherins near the fence that went to the shrieking shack and he charged up to them, his wand tightly gripped in his hand.

"HOW DARE YOU TOUCH HER YOU PIECE OF FUCKING FILTH!"

*Edited* (6/09/2017)

I just realised that I didn't put a Polaroid so here you go>>

-Lily Evans and Madison Parker messing around on some hay bails, aged 14, taken by Lochlan Parker