63

Arriving at the station the group clambered out of the compartments and eventually off of the actual train. They searched the platform for their trunks, soon finding them and bidding each other goodbye. Madison and Remus watched amused as James and Sirius embraced as if it was the last time they would see each other, they could see the boys converse quietly before James hurried off to his parents, the three of them disapparating away. Peter and the others had all joined their parents too, leaving Remus, Madison and Sirius together. "Maddie, I can see our parents," Stated Remus, "They together, as usual." Madison stood on her tip-toes and craned her neck to see but failed, her vision being blocked by a mass of people. Rolling his eyes, Remus lead the way and the girl hurried behind him, dragging her trunk in one hand and her boyfriend in the other.

"Madison!" Her father greeted, just as Hope and Lyall greeted their son. Lochlan picked his daughter up, kissing her head before reluctantly letting Darcy see her daughter. "Oh, it is so good to see you." Lochlan gushed pulling his daughter into a hug once more.

Sirius stood awkwardly staring off to catch sight of his 'family', and Darcy noticed. "And who is this nice young man?" Sirius glanced up and blushed lightly, running a hand through his curls.

"This is Maddie's boyfriend!" Remus cooed.

Madison, too, blushed but nodded at her fathers questioning looks. "Mam, Da', this is Sirius, Sirius, this is me Mam and Da'," She stated, edging closer to him.

"Lovely to meet you Sirius, darling, please call me Darcy." She smiled shaking his hand. "This is my husband, Lochlan, don't mind him, he is very protective of our iníon."

"It's a pleasure to meet you both, Maddie talks very highly of you both. But if you do not mind me asking, why did you call her an onion?"

Maddie snorted and patted his shoulder, "iníon, it means daughter in Irish."

Sirius' ears heated and he glanced at his feet, "Ah, okay." He said, "I was worried for a second there, I mean onions are nice but as a girlfriend, I'd think I'd have to pass, sorry."

"Ha. Ha."Maddie pulled a face, just as a boney, claw-like hand clutched tightly onto Sirius' shoulder. She averted her gaze upwards to see a cold-looking woman, whose face was stern and disapproving, her grey eyes were not like Sirius' they were darker and filled with hatred.

"I told you that he would be with the blood-traitor mother, his girlfriend," Regulus said matter-of-factly. "She's corrupted him!"

Lochlan went to say something but Sirius cut him off, clutching his girlfriend's hand when doing so. "Don't call her that! She has not corrupted me, leave her out of everything."

Madison could sense the fear raking Sirius' body as he squeezed her hand tighter, he grazed her thumb over his to calm him down. She could see the anger on Walburga Black's face as she gritted her teeth. "Sirius, get away from filth. I taught you better than to argue with your family! Get!" She hissed and stretched her claws out to pull her son from his girlfriend.

"No!" Madison spoke up, "Leave him alone."

"Oh shut up, Parker. How're your arms, how's Johnson?" Regulus quirked an eyebrow and it was Darcy's turn to step up.

"Get away from my daughter, and Sirius." Lyall and Hope Lupin, joined the Parkers and Sirius, Remus wrapping an arm around Sirius' shoulder.

Walburga whipped out her wand and raised it at Darcy, instantly causing Lochlan to raise his in defence of his wife, Orion Black joined his wife, and Darcy raised her wwand too. Many students and their families watched the standoff that was cut short by Sirius, who slipped out of Madison's and Remus' grips. "It's okay, I'm coming." He spat at his mother.

"Siri-"

"I'll see you later, Maddie." He said and was dragged away by his mother who was yelling frantically at him. He turned around and mouthed 'thank you' to the Parker family as well as the Lupins.

Lochlan turned to Madison, "I don't approve of the family, but I approve of him. That was noble what he did, standing up to his parents. But if he does anything he won't have any bollocks left."

* * *

Not one letter. Sirius sat in his bedroom in tears as he wished for one letter from one of his friends. Not even James had sent one, neither had Madison. It had been two weeks and his family were driving him to insanity.

Once they had got to 12 Grimmauld Place after the platform scenario, his fathers' belt was off in no time and blood stained Sirius' white shirt he wore after he slipped his jacket off. His chest, stomach and back were blue, red and green with bruises and cuts. He hated crying but he couldn't help it but break one night.

Sirius slipped out of his bedroom that was covered in bikini-clad girls and motorbikes, as well as Gryffindor banners just to spite his parents. He crept around the house, avoiding the ratty house-elf Kreacher who hated his guts and ended up in the empty drawing room with his family tree on a tapestry on one wall. He ran his fingers over his uncle Alphard's blasted off face, along with his cousin Andromeda, both who had been disowned but led a happy life. Andromeda had married a muggle-born Ted Tonks and had a baby girl, Nymphadora when Sirius was thirteen. He hasn't seen them in about a year, due to his parents. Andromeda is his favourite cousin, Alphard his favourite Uncle.

He then noticed a stack of letters on the mantlepiece. All from his friends and Madison. He let out a shrill sob and clutched them to his chest, sinking to the floor and tearing them all open. The majority begging him to reply, especially from James and Madison. It was then that he silently rushed up to his bedroom, he threw everything he owned into his trunk, and a separate rucksack he owned. Slipping his wand into his front pocketof his pyjamas because if Remus caught wind of him putting it into his back pocket he would die.

He pulled his trunk into his arms and struggled down to the ground floor, without making a noise. Sirius then rolled it out of the front door, not caring that he slammed it behind him and he walked away from the Noble House of Black, for the last time ever. The boy was only walking for ten minutes before the Knight Bus arrived, squealing, beside him. He instructed the driver to take him to James' house.

An hour later he found himself strolling up the gravelled path of Potter Manor. He rapped on the door until he heard Mr Potter call out in anger from behind the door, which swung open. "Sirius?" He asked tiredly, his face softening as he saw his bloodshot eyes and belongings. "Come in, mate." He stepped out of the way and let the boy in, and instantly he was pulled into a hug by Euphemia.

"Oh, Sirius!" She cried, "Don't say anything, you are living here now, no ifs or buts, we'll fix you a bed in the morning, for now, go up to Jamie's room, I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

"Thank you," Sirius muttered wiping his eyes and trudging to the stairs. "I'm sorry for waking you." the pair shook their heads and followed him upstairs. Fleamont patted him on the shoulder as he passed, and Euphemia kissed his head and entered their bedroom. Sirius pushed James' door open and dumped his trunk behind it as he shut it.

"Padfoot?" Asked James slipping on his glasses. "What are y- come here!"

The shaggy-haired boy wrapped his arms around his best friend letting him cry into his chest. "I couldn't stay, Prongs, I had to leave. You were the first person I thought of. It was worse after what happened on the platform."

James furrowed his brows, "What happened on the platform?"

"They raised their wands at Leo's parents and said stuff about her. When I got to the house, he-he-you know- it was worse because Regulus told them about Maddie and I. She's in danger because of me."

"Shut up. She is not in danger. Especially not because of you. Now show me your back, Padfoot, how bad is it?" James said and practically ripped the boys top up, he gasped at the cuts and bruises. "They're much worse, Padfoot, I'll get mum to sort them in the morning, I'm sure she'll have a potion to help them. For now, just sleep."

"Thanks, Prongs, you're the best," Sirius said as he wrapped his arms around him.

James copied his actions and smiled, "You're my brother, I'd do anything for you, even die."