60

For the rest of the day, Sirius made sure he was close to Madison wherever she went, even standing outside bathrooms so that he knew who went in and out. Madison was thankful for him looking out for her but as proven over the year she was capable of looking after herself. It wasn't until James came hurtling down the corridor at them with Remus and Peter trailing behind them that they eventually had to split up. "Prongs? What's up?" Sirius asked quickly unlinking his and Maddie's hands.

"Quidditch practice. C'mon, I've been looking for you and because someone has the map it is a lot harder." James stated a look of annoyance on his face, "Be on the pitch in ten."

Sirius nodded and bade Maddie a 'see you later' before scurrying off through the halls, James stalked off towards the pitch with Peter following leaving Remus and Madison. "Now Maddie, what do you want to do?"

The girl shrugged as they began walking to wherever their legs took them. After passing Sirius once more, who was now in his Quidditch robes they eventually ended up in the common room. Remus pulled a book from Madison's bag and the pair didn't even say a word they sat beside each other on the sofa, the boy with an arm around her and her head on his shoulder and they opened the book reading for hours on end.

After two hours the other three marauders returned and they stared at Remus and Madison in fascination. "They haven't said a word since they got here, he just got a book from her bag and then sat down reading in silence for the past two hours." Said a fourth year who sat at a table in the corner of the room. "Pretty cute twins, I think." The boy picked up his stuff and exited the portrait hole just after he finished what he was saying.

Twins? Thought Sirius, he knew they acted a lot like each other but they didn't look it. How could somebody think they were twins? It was weird. James shrugged at what the boy had said before going to get changed Sirius following to do the same leaving Peter to flop beside the pair playing with his jeans. "Afternoon Wormtail." Said Remus, not looking up.

"Afternoon, what are you reading?"The short boy replied smiling, "It must be very interesting."

"It is actually, it's called The tales of the beetle and the bard," Remus stated sitting up from his slumped position. He soon realised the Madison had fallen asleep on him when her head fell and her body went with it off of the sofa. "Shit."

Just then Sirius and James returned and furrowed their brows. "Why is Leo on the floor like that?"

Peter giggled in amusement before saying, "She was asleep and Moony didn't realise and when he moved she fell."

Sirius glared at the boy before helping Remus pick Madison off of her pile on the floor. He sat her down on the sofa in between him and Remus and brushed the hair from her face. Madison's eyes fluttered open and she made a weird noise as she stretched. Her eyes darted side to side before smiling at Sirius who had his arm around her. "Hi."

"Happy sleeping?"

"T'was alright. But I had a dream where I fell off of a wall." As she rubbed her head Remus grimaced and sunk behind the book more.

Peter giggled once more. "You fell off of the sofa."

Expecting her to be annoyed at the boy for finding it amusing, James and Sirius' eyes widened but the girl snorted it off. Eventually, the other three boys joined the pair laughing until Lily and the girls stormed into the room, Lily in tears. "Lils?" Maddie climbed over the sofa to her and the redhead fell into her arms. "What happened?" She asked the other girls.

"Snape called her the 'm' word again," Evangeline said.

James jumped to his feet gripping his wand. "He did what?" He exclaimed through gritted teeth. Before anyone could stop him, he and Sirius were out of the portrait hole with the other two boys following. Maddie held onto Lily letting her cry into her chest. "He's a dick." She hushed, "You are one of the brightest witches ever, Muggle-born or not. Don't listen to him, he thinks he's cool because he is in the snake house. But he isn't."

Lily sniffed and looked up nodding. Her eyes were red and puffy, tears stained her red-painted cheeks and her lips quivered. "Thank you." She whispered, hiccupping.

* * *

Sirius pulled the map from his pocket and opened it up searching for the boy they wanted, he was in the courtyard. He shoved the now empty parchment in his pocket and forcefully ran through the castle and out onto the grounds. "You git, SNivellus!" Bellowed James whipping his wand out and pointing it at him.

The boy's eyes opened wider in anger and his lips pursed he too poised his wand at the boy with glasses. "What do I owe the pleasure for, Potter?" He hissed.

James shook his head in disgust, flicking his wand upwards and crying, "Levicorpus!" Snape was suspended in midair by his ankle and his top fell over his head revealing his stomach and chest.

"Nice one James!" Cheered Sirius. "Go on, Prongs! Make him dance!"

James chortled and moved his wand around so that the boy danced upside down in the air. Peter clapped and cheered at his friends as Sirius joined in and it was like watching a game of tennis. Snape was forced from James towards the raven-haired boy and back. Remus watched them the corners of his lips curling slightly, he knew they shouldn't be doing it to him but after what he called Lily, he deserved it. "Let me down!" Snape yelled, "You swines!"

"Or what, Snivellus?" Challenged James. "Are you going to cry? Throw up? What? Come on, enlighten us!"Snape managed to flick his wrist a spell heading straight for Sirius who fortunately dodged it. "Oi!"

"It's alright, Prongs, missed me! Maybe we should show the school his undies?"

"No, I would rather not see the skid marks on his teddy bear nappies!" James fake gagged.

Snape cried out a spell once more, aiming it at James who also dodged it. James, Peter and Sirius howled with laughter until, "Potter! Black! Pettigrew! Put Mr Snape down!" McGonagall arrived outside and gave them the familiar stare. Instantly, James released the hold on the boy ( muttering "leberacorpus") and let him drop onto the stone cobbles and the group tucked their wands into their pockets. Snape spat at them before hurrying off adjusting his shirt and leaving the boys with McGonagall. "You three my office, now!" She snapped and hurried the boys into the school.

Sirius glanced back to see Remus just stood there, he never got in trouble even when he was in plain sight.

A/n-

Polaroid>>

~Remus Lupin and Madison Parker's vans