107

Later that day, Lily had arrived and the two were having a few days to themselves for some girly time, Evangeline, Marlene, Mary and Alice were joining them in two days time as well. The next morning Madison woke up and went down to get some breakfast with Lily when she noticed a newspaper in the bin, Lochlan must have chucked it in there without even looking at it. He always did that now, he didn't even read the front page. He and Darcy had already left for work and they two girls were home alone once more.

The yugen feeling in Madison's stomach made her yearn curiously as to what it had to say. Her parents had tried to hide the news from her but they had come to terms with her age and how she was now technically an adult. They couldn't hide the world from her anymore.

Tugging out the newspaper, Lily read over Madison's shoulder and the pair of them dropped to the floor. Their hands were shaking and tears were already rolling down their cheeks just from reading the large print on the front page.

The two girls wrapped their arms around each other and cried onto each other's shoulders. They couldn't believe it. A rumble of thunder shook the house and it was as if mother nature too felt the pain of Madison and Lily.

Next door, the three boys were eating their breakfast along with Harley and Mr and Mrs Lupin. The cerauniphilia was evident of Harley's young face as she watched out of the window the rain pouring down and the lightning flashing, she giggled each time the thunder rumbled. Remus who sat beside her pressed a kiss to her head as he watched her happily but when he looked up Sirius was not as joyous.

"What's wrong, Padfoot?" He asked curiously.

Sirius shuddered, "I don't know, I have this sickening feeling in my stomach that something is wrong."

"That's weird." Commented James, pushing up his glasses.

"And I can't help but think it has something to do with Leo." Added Sirius, fear evident in his voice.

"I'm sure she's okay, Lily is there now," Remus stated, wiping Harley's mouth from the milk that dribbling down her chin.

James perked up at the sound of Lily's name, "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check, just to be sure."

Rolling his eyes, Remus sighed, "Fine, let's go."

Over the past few days, Lyall and Hope had come to terms with who was who due to their nicknames and they just let the boys leave to go to Madison's house.

Remus used magic to unlock the door and when they closed out the patter of rain, the cries of the girls were heard and the three rushed into the kitchen to find Madison and Lily sobbing into one and other.

"Madsie, what's wrong?" Sirius asked, confused crouching down and encasing the girls into a hug, James and Remus joined him and the group were in one big hug.

"She's dead." Sobbed Lily into James' shoulder.

"Who?" Asked the boy quietly rubbing the girl's back.

Madison looked up, her eyes shining with tears. "Mary."

The three boys' hearts dropped and tears tumbled down their cheeks as well. They couldn't comprehend that Mary Macdonald, the loveable, bubbly girl was indeed dead. Sirius picked up the soaked newspaper and read over the front.

"Her whole family was massacred," He muttered.

THE MACDONALD FAMILY DEAD

Early this morning, a neighbour who was bringing over some fresh strawberries found the door to the Macdonald family home wide open. She entered with caution calling out the names of the parents, Keith and Simone Macdonald, along with their eldest daughter's name, Mary and her younger sister, Zara's name.

With no reply she looked into the living room she found the lifeless body of Keith who lay on the floor with his eyes wide but with no light in them. It looked as if he was attacked by surprise whilst watching a muggle device called a television.

Upon finding the father she ran out into the kitchen and found a half-made cup of coffee and a lifeless Simone Macdonald.

She then raced up the stairs to find the oldest daughter, Mary, a seventeen-year-old, muggle-born witch with her wand drawn. It was evident that Mary had heard the attack fo her parents and was trying to protect her younger sister. Mary was found lying on the ground her body bleeding out with violent slashes from an unknown curse.

Then behind her lay the body of Zara, the nine-year-old was found lying dead with tear stained cheeks and in her eyes were the frozen image of fear.

It is unknown as to who brutally murdered the Macdonalds, however, it is clear that whoever it was is a follower of the evil dark wizard, Voldemort.

It is an awful thing what has happened to the Macdonald family and we offer our condolences to the friends and family of the victims.

However, we use this as a reminder that nobody is safe. Keep your loved ones close and any children at Hogwarts. Times are dark and you need to stay on guard of yourselves and be careful.

Sirius read out the news article and kept his friends. He felt Madison shift and bury herself in his chest. This was another death that was going to affect Madison's mental state. It hit him hard that Mary was dead but Madison could barely cope with Mattei's death let alone another one of her friend's.

Then there was Lily, the young woman whose strong nature which had broken when she lost her friend to the snakes. This was a death of one of her closest friends. What would happen to Lily?

What would happen to Evangeline?

To Alice?

To Marlene?

The group have to go back to school and have an empty place in their dormitory. In their lives. In their friendship. One that cannot be replaced.

It was now that they really knew that they were not safe. One of their own had been taken from them.

What was going to happen now?