58

The weeks went by quickly and the O.W.L.S were upon the fifth years, Sirius had completed nearly every task. The group were run off their feet with revision even James and Sirius who were convinced that 'one does not need studying, one has thy knowledge already'. Bullshit in other words. Even though they Remus and Peter were constantly studying, James and Sirius still made time for pranks and annoying Snape.

Madison had her nose so far into her books that it had rubbed and began peeling causing it to be very sore. She stayed up late and made sure that she had all of the knowledge she may ever need. Lily and the other girls had long gone to sleep making sure they had enough rest but Madison panicked when it came to tests and she never rested until she was sure that she was okay. One night Sirius glanced at the map and saw the girl pacing in the common room and decided to go investigate. He quietly entered the room to find her chanting constellation and star names her index fingers pressing her temples. Sirius shook his head and stumbled over to her falling onto the sofa with her falling into his lap.

"Gerroff." She grumbled trying to pry herself out of his grip.

He smirked and tightened his grip around her waist, "No, now why aren't you asleep?"

"I need to revise."

"Look, Maddie, you don't need to go over astronomy, you're the best I know, other than myself of course. You remember the project you did in the one night? The one that made me notice you for the first time ever properly? It was tremendous. You need rest more than blowing up your brain even more." Sirius said as she played with his fingers. "Mads, you'll be fine."

"I just don't want to fail?" She admitted.

Sirius laughed, "You fail? That'll be in an alternate universe. And even if you do, would it matter? There are hundreds of jobs and careers out there and anyone would be lucky to employ you."

"Stop being soppy, this isn't you. But, thank you. What do you want to do when you leave Hogwarts, we have the career talk next week."

"I want to be an auror. I want to be able to help catch arseholes like my family." Sirius replied running a hand through his hair. "What about you?"

Madison shrugged her waves bouncing on her shoulders, "I don't know really, I kind of like the idea of being a librarian or an author but I'm not sure."

"Oh yes, be careful when you go into the library Madam Parker will bite you if you crease the book pages." Sirius teased, "Or, the author Madison Parker tells of the stories she only witnessed in her brain."

"They really aren't great choices are they?"Madison sighed. "I just really don't know. Maybe I'll pack everything up and let my legs take me."

"They're cool choices, Leo. I was just joking." Sirius replied, "I can't always be serious."

"Oh for Merlin's sake-"

* * *

Finally exams were over and that meant the group were finally free along with everyone else to relax and not worry until their grades came back to them. The marauders were catching up with pranks they had missed and the girls with their usual days.

Madison had sorted through the box of Mattei's belongings, shedding tears and laughter at the memories. She splashed water over her face and tied her hair back before chaining into her pyjamas, this time not her unicorn onesie. She threw her socks into a hamper and grabbed one of her books from her Christmas presents and curled up on her bed reading. The girl became oblivious to the world around her even when Mary wandered into to change out of a skirt into some leggings speaking with Madison but soon realising the girl couldn't hear her.