81

The door opened and instantly Harley kicked her way out of Remus' arms and ran straight for Sirius her arms wide like the grin on her face. "SIRI!!" She yelled as he picked her up.

"Well hello, little one." He greeted, "and hello dearest other Lupin's along with Remus."

Remus rolled his eyes, greeting Darcy and Lyall with hugs. "I'll get you for that, Black." He warned pointing his finger at Sirius who fake gasped amusing Harley who giggled reaching out to Madison who stood beside the boy.

"Hey, blondie." Madison smiled hugging he slightly despite her being in Sirius' arms. "Your cousin is being awfully mean and not giving me a hug."

"Hug the woman." Harley turned to her cousin her eyebrows raised. Remus chuckled at his cousin but did what he was told embracing Madison tightly. "And Siri."

The two boys hugged partially it still being rather difficult with Harley in Sirius' arms. Lochlan walked over to the boy and outstretched his arms, "Is the lil' missus not going to give me a hug? I guess she doesn't want chicken nuggets for lunch then?"

"Nuggets!" She exclaimed, wriggling about and holding her arms out, punching her fingers like claws towards Lochlan. Sirius passed the girl over and Lochlan pulled a face at her, tickling her sides slightly. "Uncle Lucky, stop!" She giggled as he carried her through to the living room, the other adults following.

"Harley calls you dad uncle?" Sirius asked Madison who nodded.

"She always has, and my mam, auntie Darcy." The girl replied, "now what do you guys want to do?"

"Well we have an hour until the others get here so...I don't know." Said Remus. "Actually...yes I do. I want to ask you guys something. Can we go upstairs so no one hears?"

The two nodded and Maddie led the way running up to her bedroom the boys following. The three collapsed onto the bed and she turned to Remus. "What's up?"

"So, I have this weird feeling in my stomach. Like a fluttering one every so often." He blushed. "I don't know what it is."

"Well what are you doing when it happens?"

"I am with this girl, Beatrice Florence from down the road. Or thinking of her."

"I'm sorry?" Coughed Madison. "Beatrice Florence?"

"Yes. That is her name."

"Moony is whipped!" Exclaimed Sirius proudly patting him on the back.

Remus panicked and shushed the boy hurriedly. "Be quiet! I don't want anyone else to hear! But hell she's gorgeous. I really like her."

"Then go get her." Shrugged Sirius. "There's no time like the present."

"But what about my...you know...my.."

Madison shook her head and clapped him around the face with a pillow. "Don't care about them! Just go for it, Remus! And don't you dare say you are a monster because you aren't! What monster folds his socks? Gives chocolate out? Gives really good hugs and advice? And has the swankiest cardigans in the entire world? There isn't one! That's all you Remus John Lupin."

"She just used your full name! She means business!"

"Oh shut up, Sirius Orion Black."

"The third." He smirked.

Madison rolled her eyes, "I don't care- wait what? The third? You're Sirius Orion Black the third?" The boy nodded. "Merlin's beard..."

* * *

The rest of their friends arrived not long after and they crammed into Madison's room. They all caught up with each other and traded gifts, laughing and joking until there was a knock on the door. "Come in!" Called Madison throwing a chocolate chip into her mouth.

The door opened slowly revealing Harley, "Lunch is ready, Auntie Hope and Auntie Darcy said I could come and tell you."

Alice had to refrain Lily from pouncing on the girl as she fell in love with Harley's cuteness. "They also said that if Remmy didn't carry me he wouldn't get any nuggets."

Remus stared at his cousin bemused, "I'm sure she didn't say that last part, Little one."

Harley grinned at him, "no but I like flying so..."

"I'll carry you!" Offered James jumping up and encasing the girl in his arms.

"Jamie!" She jumped wrapping her legs around his waist. "Yay!!" She exclaimed as he ran down the stairs with her in his arms.

Lily finally burst, "Can I have her!?"

"What?" Laughed Remus.

"I don't know who she is but can I adopt her? Please?" The girl cried. "She's so bloody adorable!"

"That's Harley, Remus' cousin."

"Welp, I'm adopting her." Lily clapped her hands as they all stood up and exited the bedroom.

The group entered the kitchen to find James still holding Harley who he was poking his tongue out at her. The sight was truly adorable that Lily had to stop in her tracks and watch. It was a different side to James she had never seen and she was in awe.

"Right kiddos! Sit down and dig in!" Lochlan announced and he shuffled the kids to sit down. At the end of the table, the adults sat down and Madison visibly saw Hope struggling and noticed her skin was much pale than usual.

Harley perched next to James with her uncle beside her. The groups of teenagers spoke amongst themselves the adults joining in occasionally. James felt a poke in his side and looked down at Harley, "You alright?" He asked her.

"Can I have the Tommy sauce, please?" She asked him.

"The what?"

"Oh!" Laughed Lyall, "She means the tomato ketchup, she struggles to pronounce the words tomato so calls it Tommy."

James chuckled and grabbed the bottle, "do you want me to do it?"

"Yes please."

Lily awed again and the group turned to her, "I'm sorry, I don't think I have met a sweeter more well-mannered girl than her!"

Harley turned to the girl and smiled. "That's 'cuz Auntie Hope says manners will get you f-f-"

"Further." Said Remus.

"Than being a meany." She finished. The girls all awed and James wrapped an arm around the small girl. "Thank you, Jamie." The girl said and dunked a chicken nugget in the sauce.

"Anytime, princess."

"I'm not a princess."

"Oh I forgot, little knight or pirate."

"Dragon today." Darcy corrected pointing at her shirt.

"Right, little dragon."