22

Sirius lay awake in the dorm the sound of his friends' snores being the only sound other than his breathing. No matter how hard he tried to fall asleep his body wouldn't let him, instead his focus was brought to Madison. The once shy, timid girl who never spoke to them openly called them out on things that they had kept hidden for so long. He wasn't sure as to how she was so aware of their transformation, and who had she told? Merlin knows, the girls can get anything out of her, Evans gaze can just about break you in seconds. Did Lily, Marlene, Alice, Evangeline and Mary know? Did that mean Frank Longbottom knew from Alice. What about the annoying redheaded boy and his friends did they know?

He shook his head violently, his raven hair falling over his face that he quickly swiped away like a cat at a dog. Madison wouldn't do that! He told himself, she isn't that type of girl. She isn't like the girls that he snogged and who fancied him. They would do something like that but Madison wouldn't. Not to her friends. Well, Remus, James and Peter, he wasn't sure if they were friends yet.

Sirius knew one thing for sure, he hated the girl being afraid of him. He could understand the fact that it may just be a hunch because he is a Black. But as he had proved many times in the course of him being at Hogwarts, he is nothing like his family. Yet she was still afraid. Being honest with himself he didn't know why he was so bothered about making her not be afraid, maybe it was because he never had a girl not want him besides Evans. There was point where he had kissed, and other things with Marlene, Mary Evangeline and even Alice but never a girl afraid of him.

Sighing, the boy feel out of his bed, and left the dorm quietly needn't bothering to put his shirt back on that he had taken off not long after Madison had left. Peter and James had done the same, only having put them on so that Madison wasn't uncomfortable. His bare feet slapped against the cold, stone steps as he entered the common room. Like previously, he found the brunette girl sat on the love seat by the fire, watching the flames dance together.

"I swear this is déja vú." He spoke quietly sitting opposite her. She didn't move. Sirius stared at her curiously as her eyes never left the flames, they moved along with the flames and a small smile etched on her face. He chose not to bother her just yet, instead he took the chance to actually look at her properly.

She had dark wavy locks, which complemented her pale complexion along with her deep brow eyes. Her pink lips also popped due to her paleness, and he accent was lovely and unique against the majority of English accents. "Oh, hey, Sirius, didn't see you there."

"Yeah sorry 'bout that. Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes, I just couldn't sleep." She looked down to her thumbs in his lap.

"Was it another nightmare?" He questioned, and she shook her head, quickly. Knowing full damn well, she was not telling the truth, he made his way over to her, and sat on the arm of the seat. She tensed slightly as he rested his palm on her shoulder, but soon relaxed as she looked up at him. "You don't have to pretend, Maddie."

"Pretend? i am not pretending?"

"Look, I can see it written all over your face. Y'know, I had a nightmare that James tried to make love to me, and it was in third year so, that was weird." He chuckled lightly.

"I am not even going to ask." She snorted.

"There we go a smile." He smirked and she moved over t the other end of the seat and Sirius slipped actually onto the seat properly and they were facing each other. "Maddie?"

"Yeah?"

"You know if you have a nightmare you can just come and wake me up, I won't judge."

"Thanks, but I think I am fine."

Sirius nodded and watched her as they sat in silence. there wasn't anything really to say- he didn't know what to say, neither did she. The warmth of the fire slowly died out as they sat in silence but with a flick of her wand she re-lit the fire. "Help me." She finally said.

"What?"

"Help me, become an animagus. I wanted to do it ages ago but I didn't, I was too scared."

"Is this about Remus?"

"Yes, I feel useless just handing him chocolate all the time, at least you all are actually helping him." Madison sighed her hands in her palms.

"You know it isn't going to be easy." Sirius spoke, taking a hold of her wrists and pulling them away from her head so she looked at him.

"I know."

"I will, but are you sure you wish to do it whilst competing?"

"Even better, I will be more determined to get it done."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes., like I have said."

"It is dangerous."

"I know." She whispered again, her eyes not leaving his.

Sirius' eyes flickered down slightly and he registered how close they really were, and it was like a magnet yet the strongest one was not him, but her. Her head reached up closer and her eyes involuntary shut as her lips pressed to his. His hands dropped her wrists and landed on her waist as he kissed her back shocked. It didn't last long and she jumped away from him. "I-I-I sh-shouldn't hav-ve done t-that." She stuttered.

"No you're right." Sirius said, "I should've."

And with that he pulled her waist and their lips met again. He leaned forward as her body leaned back and he laid upon her, their lips dancing and her hands tangling in his hair. Never would the pair of them thought they would be in this position as they. Nor, did either of them think that they would enjoy it.

Madison had not kissed anyone before Sirius and to have it be someone she still isn't very comfortable around confused her. She brought one of her hands from his hair and held his chin, edging her fingers so that they were sandwiched between his and her lips.

Sirius opened his eyes puzzled and pulled away. "What's wrong?"

"I-uh-Please get off of me." She whispered. Sirius sat up and she did so too, her hands began to shake and her brain clouded. "This is wrong." She jumped up and ran up to her dorm leaving Sirius alone.

What just happened?

And why did he like it?