112

Madison knew they were keeping a secret from her. It was obvious. They all were acting strange and whispering amongst each other and also kept glancing her way.

To be honest, with all the drama revolving around them at that time, Madison gave up caring and focused on revising for her N.E.W.Ts. She still had no idea about that was happening with her further career, no matter how many meetings her and Professor McGonagall had, she was pretty sure she had given up on Madison too.

Madison spent the majority of her time that wasn't in lessons studying. She wanted these grades no matter what she had to put on hold. She skipped meals, she skipped sleep just to study. She barely spoke to Sirius. She barley spoke to her friends, the only one who she did seem to speak most to was Marlene.

The blonde made sure she was okay everyday, she checked on her and even rubbed her shoulders that ached from where she sat bent over to write.

Marlene hated the fact that Madison was not in the loop about the order, that she was being left out. Some Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws had also been recruited but Dumbledore wasn't backing down from his decision about Maddie.

All of the group had accepted and became fully pledged members of the Order and were happy about doing so. The only person that didn't seem to be okay was Remus. Hope was still sick and it was around March time he was granted two weeks to go home to see his mum and dad.

He returned with a weight off of his shoulders but a different one put on them.

It was a day where Marlene had convinced Madison to have a break and the whole group was sat in the common room where Remus was with tear-stained cheeks.

"What's up Moony?" Asked Peter, who had just come back from wherever he was. He had been disappearing a lot lately.

Moony wiped his cheeks, "my aunt and uncle have banned us from seeing Harley."

"WHAT?!?" Cried our Sirius in anger. "How dare they! What the hell?! Who do they think they are?! They can't do that!"

Remus shook his head, "but they can, shed their daughter."

"Yeah, and where does she spend more time? B at your house, not theirs!"

Remus sighed, "we can't do anything. Mum and Dad had an argument with them a couple of years ago and they've only been letting us see Harley because they have business to take care of and needed childcare."

"That's still utter bullshit!" Sirius roared. Madison had pulled out her potions textbook by this point and started to read through it. "Maddie! Aren't you going to say something?"

"What can I do?" She asked her boyfriend.

Sirius groaned slumping into his seat. He and Harley had a special bond and he was not at all happy at the idea of not seeing the young girl.

Marlene leaned her head on Madison's shoulder, whisky the others were continuing to discuss the Harley situation. "Hey, I thought we agreed for you to take a break?"

Madison sighed and leaned against the girl, who definitely like the position they were in. "I just want to do good."

"You will do good, Maddie," said Marlene, taking the book from Madison's slender fingers and placing it on the other side of her. "But if you don't take breaks, and I mean a good length and amount of breaks, you will overwork yourself, get sick and flunk them."

She sighed again and let Marlene hug her closer, "I guess you're right, what did I do to get you in my life?"

"You couldn't reach a book in the library on the second day of term." Smiled Marlene, "joe about we go sneak into the kitchens and get some chocolate pudding?"