115

Sirius returned from the meeting with Dumbledore to find Madison passed out on his bed, a pile of revision surrounding her and her curls everywhere. He couldn't understand how she didn't wake up with all of the racket the boys made and he still didn't understand how she didn't wake when the girls also came bombarding in and settled themselves in the room.

At first, he thought she was asleep. Now he began to doubt himself. Sirius brushes Madison's hair from her face and she grumbled turning her head away from him. He sighed in relief knowing that she was simply resting. "Darling, wake up, you'll hurt your back like that." He went to lift her back up but she pushed him away. "Maddie come on!"

"Fág mé ar m'aonar,"
("Leave me alone.")

Sirius chuckled not understanding what she had said but nonetheless he sat her up, putting his arms around her waist and lifting her out of the revision stack. Madison whined and kicked her legs, "Gordon Bennet, Maddie, you're like a child," he shook his head at her, carrying her out of the dormitory.

"Where are you going?" Shouted Peter after the two.

"Out of the dorm, duh!" Madison shouted back in annoyance.

Sirius rubbed her back and descended down to the common room, into the nook of the room where an armchair sat. He set himself down in it with Madison on her lap, cuddling into him. He had taken her away from the others for a little while, it was rare to get some alone time with his girlfriend, after all the majority of it was them revising or sleeping or with everyone else revising.

Time was moving so quickly and he couldn't wait to leave school. Venture into the big wide world and explore.

"Maddie? Are you okay? You've been acting strange lately?" Sirius asked her, rubbing his hand on her knee.

Madison nodded, "just revising, going to classes, eating, sleeping, showering you know the deal." Her tone was dull, as if she was bored by the topic of conversation, or perhaps Sirius himself.

"Clearly you're pissed off, come on tell me." The girl rolled her eyes and climbed off of Sirius, heading over to the portrait hole. "Where are you going?!"

"Out!"

Sirius sighed, leaning his hand on his cheek. It was clear that it was all about the Order. Of course it was. What else could it have been?

* * *

Madison trolled the corridors, minding her own business, not caring where she was going. She might as well explore the castle and make sure she had been in every single place because after her exams it would be all over. No returning to Hogwarts.

There was so much she hadn't taken notice of before. She had taken it all for advantage because before this year the end of her school life seemed so far away. Now it was coming at her like a train to the station.

"Miss Parker," a voice echoed from behind her. Madison turned around and looked at Dumbledore with dark eyes. This thinks he knows best but he doesn't! "Now, now, there is no need to give me that look. I just wanted to talk to you in my office."

"No."

Dumbledore pushed his glasses up, "please, dear."

"Don't 'dear' me. I don't want to talk to you!" He accent thickened as her voice rose.

"Young lady, do as your headmaster tells you to." A painting from beside her scolded. "In my day-"

"No one cares about 'In your day'!"

Dumbledore shook his head, "come, Madison, please."

Sighing, the girl followed him to his office and when he offered for her to take a seat she remained standing. Madison folded her arms across her chest.