100

The group decided not to bring up the night Madison and Sirius had, instead they decided to get on with their own things. Remus practically demanded that Madison spend that Sunday with him. They curled up in the corner of the library clad in thick cardigans and comfortable clothing, a book resting between them as they read quietly, a little bit of chatter here and there. Remus has one arm around Madison who rested her head on his shoulder, everyone including teachers, knew that this was in a sibling way, no one dare mutter that it was anything else, because Mr Lupin was getting closer to his time of the month and we don't like a cranky Moony. No sir, we do not.

Remus turned the page in the book carefully so that it didn't crease of rip and Madison slipped it carefully beneath her thumb that was holding all of the pages down. They both simultaneously sighed in content as they read about an orphan boy named Oliver Twist, a muggle classic by Charles Dickens. Lyall has gifted this copy to Remus for his eighth birthday and the boy took it straight to Madison that morning and the pair snuggled up in an armchair in the Lupin living room, the fire blazing and read the book together. Hope had a picture somewhere of the exact moment, she loved taking photographs with her camera teaching Lyall how to do it.

"Remus?" Madison asked quietly, the boy hummed in response, his chest vibrating as he did so which radiated up his body and onto Madison's cheek. "How are you and Beatrice Florence? Have you spoken to her?"

Madison didn't particularly like Beatrice, the girl was nothing but an arrogant cow who liked to pick holes in everything. She never liked Madison either, as soon as Madison and Mattei moved to Devon they were enrolled in muggle primary school whilst Remus stayed home and was home schooled by Hope because of his lycanthropy. Beatrice loved to make a mockery of the two new students accents and was constantly complaining that she couldn't understand them. On numerous occasions she told them to 'go back to their own country' and despite being young, that was not an excuse for xenophobia.

However, Madison would happily be civil towards the girl if it means that Remus finally led himself go and have a relationship. He was always saying eh didn't deserve happiness, that he shouldn't find love because he will kill the girl. Madison was so happy that he finally doesn't care and wants this relationship. And if that means Madison putting on a fake smile when the girl is around and acting civilly towards her and not wanting to rip her hair out. So be it. She'd do it for Remus. Not for Beatrice. Remus and only Remus, after all, he is her best friend and brother at the same time.

Remus coughed, not because it was awkward for him, just because he is human and all humans cough, "I have written to her, she sends the letter through my parents, she still doesn't know I am a wizard nor a werewolf which is good. We have decided to court."

Madison sniggered, "court? You sound like my grandpa, so you're dating?"

"Yeah, but she says court."

"And I say Athair doesn't mean you call your dad Athair too, do you?" Madison replied, "I am happy for you though, I'm glad you have accepted that your a tall cuddly bear with a heart of chocolate wrapped in gold."

Remus chuckled airily at his friend's choice of words pullingher tighter into his chest, "Thanks Maddie. I know you don't get on, but I am thankful you aren't ripping my head off for dating her."

"Courting, remember." She mocked jokingly. "No, but, in all seriousness, I only had a problem because she is rude to me and M-you know. If I see her I promise you I'll be civil. Scouts honour." She saluted him, smiling brightly.

"Thanks, but you have never been a scout."

"Details. Details. Now, tell me, what are you going to do when you take her on a date?"

Remus sighed, "I haven't thought of anything. She likes working. She likes school. She likes picnics, I suppose."

"Take her on a picnic and ask her about her schooling and her plans for the future. There you go. Even if it's boring just do what I do, smile and nod."

"When do you ever do that?"

"When Sirius is talking about his motorbike he wants." Madison shrugged, but instantly regretted it as a smirk rose on his lips. "Do. Not. Tell. Him. I. Said. That."

Remus' smirk grew larger, "or what?"

"I will, and this not a threat it's a promise, I will force feed you oranges!" She glared at him.

"But I'm allergic to oranges."

"Exactly."

"Oh shit."

"Language Lupin, you're supposed to set a good example."

"Says the girl who has a potty mouth like a drunken sailor and actually made Lily swear. Lily of all people! Lily Evans!" Remus exclaimed, but stopped waving his long arms around when he caught Madison's evil eye. "Okay fine, I won't. But I will if you annoy me."

"When do I ever annoy you?" Madison scoffed.

"When you threaten to feed me oranges." Remus started, "and when you become a black leopard when I don't want you too."

"Remus!" She whined, "that was to help you. I don't care whether you wanted me to or not. You're my best friend, my brother and I love you so it's not a case of whether you want me to or not. I will go against you if it benefits you!"

"I know, I know. That's why it's annoying." Remus rubbed his temples.

"But that's why you love me right?"

"Yeah."