54

"LEO!" Sirius screamed from his dormitory, his face had been written on by her as one of the tasks and he had to keep it on all day. Needless to say, he was not impressed. "WHY DID YOU WRITE THAT!"

"What did you write?" Mary asked plaiting her hair. "It can't be good if he hates it." The girls were all sat in the common room doing their own thing, Frank casually sat with Alice in his lap kissing her neck.

Madison grinned and replied, "I heart Flitwick, he is my secret cuddle buddy."

Evangeline scoffed, caramel dripping from her mouth and onto her lap. "That is gross, Smith, clean it up."

"Yes, mother." She rolled her eyes and threw a tissue at Lily who scolded her. The redheaded girl sent her a warning glare and cocked one eyebrow. "Sorry Lis, it's just you are like a mother hen to us, you check if we are okay, keep us out of trouble as much as you can, tell us off for things we shouldn't have done. It's not a bad thing, Remus is the mother hen to the boys."

Madison continued to describe the full effect of amortentia for her potions homework just as James swaggered down into the common room. "Ah, my beautiful Lily-Flower, do you wish to come and spectate my impeccable Quidditch skills during training. I'll even let you feel my muscles after."

Lily growled lowly at him before spitting in his direction, "Piss off you ignorant bimbo!" The boy sighed and collapse over the arm of the sofa his head falling onto her lap, his lips puckered and eyes closed. "What are you doing, Potter?"

"Waiting for my goodbye kiss."

The girl shoved the boy off of the sofa and onto the floor before storming out of the tower. "You're unbelievable," chortled Madison helping him up, "Leave her alone, mate, and get to practice it doesn't look good as a captain to be late." James nodded, pushing up his round spectacles and pulling at the drawstrings on his robes. He bade the group farewell and left the portrait hole sighing to himself.

"That boy just doesn't get the hint does he?"

"Marlene, you would do the same? Wouldn't you? If you liked someone so much, would you go after them?"

"But Maddie, he is obsessed with her."

"No, he isn't."

"Maddie, we get that you and the boys have this new found close friendship but, it wasn't long ago that you hated them, well except Remus and Peter, and now you're sticking up for Potter." Mary stated, "What happened to being on Lily's side?"

"What do you mean? What sides?"

"It doesn't matter." Madison furrowed her brows sighing. "Why are you sighing now?"

"Is it illegal to sigh, Alice? You've literally tossed my questions to the side, I simply do not understand what you are trying to say, and when I ask you to elaborate you diss it."

"Rawrh, catfight."

"Please stay out of this Frank, now are you going to answer my questions? If not can someone else please do so." Madison ran a hand through her hair and sat up straighter leaning her elbows on her knees and her head in her hands.

Alice bit the inside of her cheek, "My boyfriend can get involved if he wants to so don't talk to him like that."

Madison looked at her questioningly, "I simply asked him, in a nice way if he could leave this between us. We do not need this going any further. Yes, he may be your boyfriend but this conversation is between yourself, Mary and I, Evangeline and Marlene if they wish, not him. Look, can someone please just answer my questions, that is all I am asking."

Evangeline turned to her and sucked in a breath, "Alright, it just seems lately that it's you and the boys, not you and us. We are not saying that you cannot hang out with them but it's like you are becoming part of their posse-thing."

"I am not! I'm not part of that Marauder gang either!"

"Then why have you got one of those childish nicknames?" Marlene pondered aloud to the girl.

Madison rolled her eyes, "Nicknames are not childish! Besides, does it matter it's just a name."

"Ugh, Madison, you are supposed to be smart." Groaned Mary, she picked up a quill and some parchment "Do you need us to spell it out for you?"

"What?"

"You are using us!"

"And how exactly am I using you, Evangeline."

"Uh, let me see, we've stuck up for you when those annoying Slytherin's tried to hurt you, we looked after you when you were scared of Sirius, during the tournament we helped you practise and prepare. We also helped you when you were grieving over Mattei, and what is the thanks we get? You ditching us for the boys!"

"If that is what you call 'using you' then need I remind you how many times I have completed all of your homework? How many times I have covered for you if you were late to lesson's or simply didn't want to go and was bunking off? How many times I have times I have bought you something because you didn't have enough money, how many times I have lied to your parents, Alice, saying that you were staying at my house overnight when really you were at Frank's? If you are going to pull the 'using you' card, then congratu-fucking-lations we are all as bad as each other!" Madison shouted, rising to her feet, her arms flying about as she ranted.

This sudden outburst caused Sirius, Remus and Peter to come down from their dormitory, and other students to stop and stare. Also, Lily happened to enter the common room a book in hand and James stalking in behind her, sweat beads on his forehead and his Quidditch uniform covered in mud, Lily with a face like thunder. "What is going on in here?!" She demanded, "Well?"

"Madison is being a royal bitch!" Screamed Marlene.

"Wow!" Maddie clapped sarcastically before adding sardonically, "I am a bitch. Then news flash honey, you're not so nice yourself, neither are you Alice, Mary, Evangeline."

"Madsie?"

"Save it, Sirius." She shushed him, "I'm leaving." Madison stomped up the stairs to the dormitory flinging herself onto the bed and pulled the curtains around her bed. "Fucking life is messed up."

A/n-

~Mary MacDonald photographed by Madison Parker